Man I *LOVE* this 'phone!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Now I know what all the fuss is about :D

This 'phone is simply incredible!! £99? I'd buy ten, and give them to my friends, if I were rich. Seriously, what a great handset! It FLIES!!!! The hardware is lovely, the camera is great for a £99 buy.

Right, now my excitement has been vented accordingly, I think this is the apt time to get my head into some research, so I can (finally) see what can be exploited :)

If you guys have any warnings I need to heed, please post them, I very much appreciate it.

Happy Eater to all!

298px-Happy_Eater.jpg

Guest glossywhite

Hopefully you can find an exploit for the boot loader, then the OSD would get a burst of interest :D

Good luck mate :)

Yes, that would be a nice... "easter egg" ;)

Thank you very much, God bless and Happy Easter :)

Well I seemed to have missed alot while I was away, so you finally gave in GlossyWhite :lol:

A great phone indeed for the price, imagine how great it would be with cracked bootloader :o

Good luck in your work GlossyWhite, I am sure many will be eternally greatful if you succeed :)

One word of warning though, proceed with extreme caution :wacko: Intel have been busy :lol:

Guest MrPuddington

I agree, compare to anything else in this price range, this phone is a different league. The sound quality for example is much better than the G300, the CPU is faster, the display is again much better etc.

However, it does have a few very serious issues:

1) No updates, and also no custom ROMs. It is very locked down, so this may not change ever.

2) Some apps are incompatible because of the CPU - BBC iPlayer is probably the most popular example.

3) Battery life - certainly with my use it is pretty poor. The screen especially seems to be rather power hungry. It hardly lasts a day of occasional use.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I agree, compare to anything else in this price range, this phone is a different league. The sound quality for example is much better than the G300, the CPU is faster, the display is again much better etc.

However, it does have a few very serious issues:

1) No updates, and also no custom ROMs. It is very locked down, so this may not change ever.

2) Some apps are incompatible because of the CPU - BBC iPlayer is probably the most popular example.

3) Battery life - certainly with my use it is pretty poor. The screen especially seems to be rather power hungry. It hardly lasts a day of occasional use.

1) We got ICS which was the important update since it gave us the exploit which in turn led to the AIO tool. JB wont give us much more and indeed will take away a few important advantages of the ICS exploit(from my perspective) such as deleting bloatware, installing Orange Signal Boost(presuming you're still with Orange) and installing Borqs W32T GPU lib's which enables Chrome(although perhaps with JB you wouldn't need the latter).

The lack of custom ROMs is however a definite downside and I personally do not believe they(Intel, Orange or Xolo) will ever unlock it now.

2) Besides BBC iPlayer I've personally not come across any apps that I need that don't work, I'm not a big gamer however the Borqs W32T GPU lib's do enable a few more I believe.

3) I still find the battery life acceptable for a smartphone but of course your usage will vary. Don't forget we do have 1024*600 pixels to drive and light up and that resolution at this moment in time comes at a cost. Until they perfect e-ink colour screens(or whatever other screen technology they're working on) with sufficiently low refresh times combined with the frontlight as seen in the Kindle Paperwhite(among others) then this will not change much.

The only really downside I would level at it is perhaps build quality but at the new low price that's even less of an issue.