Photo

[ SOLVED! Solution in thread... read!] How does one flash back to ORANGE ICS from XOLO ICS please?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:orange san diego & zte u950

The GB dump is almost 400MB unzipped. I don't think any email program will let you attach that(although I may be wrong).

IN China i can use QQmail to attach,i don`t know if you can use!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

If folk don't know that much by now, they wouldn't be at this advanced stage. Will add it later, thank you.

And yet you put "6/ Open a command prompt, also called a "DOS box" or "CMD", and type:" in. If you don't put every single little step in then, like Ricky found out, you'll have multiple people PMing you asking "what went wrong?"

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

And yet you put "6/ Open a command prompt, also called a "DOS box" or "CMD", and type:" in. If you don't put every single little step in then, like Ricky found out, you'll have multiple people PMing you asking "what went wrong?"

I think if you realise the context of the tutorial, and understand that it was a tutorial meant as a response to someone in trouble and not a general public tutorial (I'd start a new thread for that) then you'd see that it would be pretty obvious he would have already enabled debugging, as he had been flashing ROMs etc. A point of note: why would I be telling someone who couldn't even get his phone to boot to the OS, how to enable debugging? How would he have done so, if he was unable to get to a point where he could even access the OS?

Debugging to be ON, is not required in order to put your OSD into "bootloader" mode, manually, using the VOL ( + ) and ( - ) buttons, as shown in the post to which you are referring, in order to flash the XOLO ICS ROM, which then gets you to a point where you *can* get into the OS, enable debugging, and revert to Orange ICS.

Hope that clarifies things :)

Edited by glossywhite, 04 April 2013 - 02:59 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
Except he didn't say he was still in a bootloop, he said it had put him into a bootloop. Like most people who have been here awhile he would have put it into a bootloop before and knew how to get out of it.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Except he didn't say he was still in a bootloop, he said it had put him into a bootloop. Like most people who have been here awhile he would have put it into a bootloop before and knew how to get out of it.

The VERY IMPORTANT POINT you seem to have entirely missed, which was pivotal to my helping him, was that because it was not clear whether or not his OSD was still boot-looping, the more helpful (and logical) assumption was to assume fault condition and provide the information to fix the fault, than to not. You can fix an OSD that doesn't need fixing, removing doubt, by the method I described, which is obviously a better outcome that not doing so... right?

I'd rather fix a problem that wasn't there, than not fix it through ambiguity.

I'm doing helping better than you're not doing it. My information will have got him out of a fix - I'm more than pleased if you can help him more than I did :)
Thank you.

Edited by glossywhite, 04 April 2013 - 04:24 PM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

@Jiko that would be nice. Thinking of doing a stock Orange pack similar to Flibblesan but need to change a few things

Good luck with theming if you decide to theme orange rom, they do not do things the easy way. For example, theming frameworkres.apk, they thought it necessary to rename a whole bunch of pngs to orange_ :angry: so that when one is renaming them it is like being in orange school detention, prefixing stock pngs with orange :lol:

Attached Files

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
That sounds a mess, well beyond my capabilities

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Can I just flash logo then ROM? Won't that work? Pls help

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Can I just flash logo then ROM? Won't that work? Pls help

Already answered :- http://www.modaco.co...2444-need-help/

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
I dont understand satge 6. Where do i open the cmd how?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users