* * * * * 3 votes

95 replies to this topic

apesic6

apesic6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3 CM 10

which stock rom do you recommend ? i'm from serbia, using telenor rom but it is real pain in the ass, it is very laggy... i was thinking of installing some of the swedish non-branded ones ?! 

aleksandar069

aleksandar069

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Electronic, Dancing, ITC
  • Devices:Blade III, Blade G, Lumia 620

which stock rom do you recommend ? i'm from serbia, using telenor rom but it is real pain in the ass, it is very laggy... i was thinking of installing some of the swedish non-branded ones ?!

i recomended you to install another Custom ROM (CyanogenMod 10.x.x) it's faster, better and smoother (without lag)... But if you steal want the Stock ROM yes install the NON-Branded... :P

by: HACKER-001

MomirCar

MomirCar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III

Hey, I want to revert to stock ROM but I want it unlocked for all Serbian networks. Should I install the Non branded ROM?

Something Wierd

Something Wierd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Hey, I want to revert to stock ROM but I want it unlocked for all Serbian networks. Should I install the Non branded ROM?

The network restriction doesn't come from the ROM.Installing a new ROM won't lock or unlock your phone from a specific network.

danijelpp

danijelpp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I installed the original recovery.Download rom for zte blade III Serbia VIP but if i apply update from sd card it s say me intallacion aborted

mental_pyro

mental_pyro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

hi 
is it possible to push a stock rom from a pc? and if so how??
my power button is broken so i cant do anything in recovery   :(  :( 

daliborhes

daliborhes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

Install TWRP, it's a touch based recovery. There's a thread on this forum.

EDIT: Sorry, disregard this. Didn't read the question right. Thought that you have CWM.

Edited by daliborhes, 22 January 2014 - 11:27 AM.

msigmond

msigmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi,

I downloaded the Hungarian verison, but unfortunately there is no recovery.img within the archive.

Could you please let me know if any of the following files is actually the recovery image?

$ find | grep -i recov
./system/bin/rmt_storage_recovery
./system/bin/recovery
./recovery
./recovery/etc
./recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh
./recovery/recovery-from-boot.p

Best regards,

Marton

988twister988

988twister988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have bought rooted blade 3, can tell me someone  how to unroot?Do I need just copy stock rom "update.zip" and go >Settings-->About phone -->System updates -->Storage card update...?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Hi,

I downloaded the Hungarian verison, but unfortunately there is no recovery.img within the archive.

Could you please let me know if any of the following files is actually the recovery image?

$ find | grep -i recov
./system/bin/rmt_storage_recovery
./system/bin/recovery
./recovery
./recovery/etc
./recovery/etc/install-recovery.sh
./recovery/recovery-from-boot.p

Best regards,

Marton

No, none of those is a recovery.img we're after (even though you could make one from the contents). Which one is Hungarian update anyway? Wasn't is some ancient generic 08 version? You can use recovery.img from any of the generic updates to install other generic updates.

I have bought rooted blade 3, can tell me someone  how to unroot?Do I need just copy stock rom "update.zip" and go >Settings-->About phone -->System updates -->Storage card update...?

Depends on what recovery image you have. You cant flash official updates with custom recovery and you cant install official updates with mismatching stock recovery. Why would you want to unroot anyway?

988twister988

988twister988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you for your prompt response, I think it's just rooted and that the stock recovery. Phone is under warranty for one more year and I now need to do a backup of stock rom. This is my first android and I would have to install CM11 per the instructions from the beginning.

msigmond

msigmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

No, none of those is a recovery.img we're after (even though you could make one from the contents). Which one is Hungarian update anyway? Wasn't is some ancient generic 08 version? You can use recovery.img from any of the generic updates to install other generic updates.

Depends on what recovery image you have. You cant flash official updates with custom recovery and you cant install official updates with mismatching stock recovery. Why would you want to unroot anyway?

Many thanks for your answer.

I downloaded this rom, and you are right, it seems to be a 08 version.

I am trying to stick to this though, as I have hardware problems (the speaker is not working), and I would still have warranty if I could restore the original rom.

Could I make use of the install-recovery.sh script somehow?

#!/system/bin/sh
if ! applypatch -c EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p17:2048:82d4adc5b4d76de412d1eb942a4578d4bb1c0169; then
  log -t recovery "Installing new recovery image"
  applypatch EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p16:8630272:6774b7fc76aa9712745e5db5c4fcd5c3427e5812 EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 4953b2a9768e567f9bb52ae318fa51147423b84c 10448896 6774b7fc76aa9712745e5db5c4fcd5c3427e5812:/system/recovery-from-boot.p
else
  log -t recovery "Recovery image already installed"
fi

Or if you could explain how I can make the recovery.img from the content, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Marton

Edited by msigmond, 01 February 2014 - 08:13 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Many thanks for your answer.

I downloaded this rom, and you are right, it seems to be a 08 version.

I am trying to stick to this though, as I have hardware problems (the speaker is not working), and I would still have warranty if I could restore the original rom.

Could I make use of the install-recovery.sh script somehow?

#!/system/bin/sh
if ! applypatch -c EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p17:2048:82d4adc5b4d76de412d1eb942a4578d4bb1c0169; then
  log -t recovery "Installing new recovery image"
  applypatch EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p16:8630272:6774b7fc76aa9712745e5db5c4fcd5c3427e5812 EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 4953b2a9768e567f9bb52ae318fa51147423b84c 10448896 6774b7fc76aa9712745e5db5c4fcd5c3427e5812:/system/recovery-from-boot.p
else
  log -t recovery "Recovery image already installed"
fi

Or if you could explain how I can make the recovery.img from the content, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Marton

Yeah, boot.img, recovery-from-boot.p and sha1sums from install-recovery.sh would do it ('applypatch <src-file> <tgt-file> <tgt-sha1> <tgt-size> <src-sha1>:<patch>'). You'd need to do it on command line on a device though or compile x86 version of applypatch tool if you want to use (linux) computer.

Much easier to download another generic update and use recovery.img from it. No idea why it wasn't included in the Hungarian one. Purpose of that install-recovery.sh script is to restore stock recovery on boot if you happen to have a 'wrong' one.

mental_pyro

mental_pyro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I fixed my button whoop

Is anyone able to upload the united kingdom (virgin) package for me please? The download keeps failing :(

msigmond

msigmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I fixed my button whoop

Is anyone able to upload the united kingdom (virgin) package for me please? The download keeps failing :(

Hi,

at least 30 attempts needed until finally I could download the rom I wanted.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I only succeeded when I uploaded something at the same time (it may kept the connection open).

Cheers,

Marton

msigmond

msigmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yeah, boot.img, recovery-from-boot.p and sha1sums from install-recovery.sh would do it ('applypatch <src-file> <tgt-file> <tgt-sha1> <tgt-size> <src-sha1>:<patch>'). You'd need to do it on command line on a device though or compile x86 version of applypatch tool if you want to use (linux) computer.

Much easier to download another generic update and use recovery.img from it. No idea why it wasn't included in the Hungarian one. Purpose of that install-recovery.sh script is to restore stock recovery on boot if you happen to have a 'wrong' one.

I could successfully restore my phone using another recovery.img.

Many thanks, KonstaT, for your hard work, and for the support you provide for the community.

Best regards,

Marton

Mesaj

Mesaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Poland (Polkomtel):
ROM: http://download.zted...42616095385.zip

ro.build.display.id=PLAY_P772N10V1.0.0B03
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Wed Nov 7 09:39:43 CST 2012
ro.product.model=Blade III
ro
.product.name=P772N10_PLAY

need mirror for this one, from zte it's downloading only ~~25kbps :(

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:IT, gaming
  • Devices:ZTE Brick III
  • Twitter:@@plantroon

http://www.ztedevice...56c81cb283.html

"Date: 2013-12-26" Ain't that kinda new? I can't download anything from those chinese websites but I was thinking of remaking Aurora Borealis ROM (or something similar to it) - make it unbranded, cwm flashable and no fancy ZTE apps :D

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

sh-r78

sh-r78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What ROM has a Thai language?

sniper888

sniper888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Balade III

information ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B16 rom? (Hungary stock update...)

download?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

imibaba