Reverse tethering [Help Needed]

Guest khadu

Guest khadu

Recently my wifi broadband modem broke and i switched to an old modem with no wifi capabilities.

So if any body can help me for some guidelines for reverse tethering internet from my pc to my zte

blade via usb cable.

i have heard that it is possible to acess internet on an android device from a pc connected with internet but really have no idea on how to do it, so if someone knows, or can provide me a link to a tutorial that would be great

i am currently running cm 10.1 by konsta t and i have windows xp on my pc ( i know it's old :-p)

Edited by khadu

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ZTE Smart

Recently my wifi broadband modem broke and i switched to an old modem with no wifi capabilities.

So if any body can help me for some guidelines for reverse tethering internet from my pc to my zte

blade via usb cable.

i have heard that it is possible to acess internet on an android device from a pc connected with internet but really have no idea on how to do it, so if someone knows, or can provide me a link to a tutorial that would be great

i am currently running cm 10.1 by konsta t and i have windows xp on my pc ( i know it's old :-p)

well in ur case thing is that it’s not possible to do a reverse tethering with the default firmware on it and it might work with third party app u can give a try but don't root the phone coz to stay on with the manufactures warranty!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest khadu

well in ur case thing is that it’s not possible to do a reverse tethering with the default firmware on it and it might work with third party app u can give a try but don't root the phone coz to stay on with the manufactures warranty!

it is obviously already rooted, as i stated i am using cm 10.1(android 4.2.2) on my device and i am pretty sure no android device comes with cyanogenmod as stock firmware .

Guest alexepl

did you try to do an ad-hoc wifi with your computer? i don't know if these kinds of networks are supported by cm or android but i know you can create a network with your notebook and share your internet through it! (the problem is that you have to have your computer on )

• 2 months later...