[Toolkit: AIO prep tool - improved!] AIO prep tool for reverting to Stock Orange ICS

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

AIO prep tool - improved version

** Now checks to see if you have AIO tool installed, and if not, installs it for you

** Downloads "dump.zip" and extracts to:

C:\SanDiego\tools\system

... then "dump.zip" is moved to:

C:\SanDiego

(Orange 2.3.7 OSD files needed to allow you to flash Orange ICS back to stock condition) (DO NOT flash this ZIP, it is unsigned and will brick OSD!) ** Downloads both Orange and Xolo *signed* ICS "update.zip" files, and puts them in the right place in the AIO tool, saving confusion Xolo "update.zip" is placed in:

C:\SanDiego\tools\xolo

Orange "update.zip" is placed in:

C:\SanDiego\tools\orange

** Frees up your time :-)

Download ----> https://mega.co.nz/#...Rl2nmqj977bUwd4

~~~ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MIRROR THIS SETUP, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO, AS I HAVE NO HOSTING OR CLOUD STORE SETUP RIGHT NOW ~~~

>>>> HOW TO ENABLE "USB DEBUGGING" ON YOUR SAN DIEGO, RUNNING ICS <<<<

Click on "Settings", then follow these simple steps:

1:

8638400404_40f01045d5_z.jpg

2:

8637295337_ecb9392c49_z.jpg

3:

8637295273_4c3fdcc392_z.jpg

4:

8637295059_4a21f12302_z.jpg

5:

8637294965_9281a495b8_z.jpg

Edited by glossywhite

Guest shootomanUK

can you guess the missing word at ***

"WE WILL NOW DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE FILES *** YOU TO ALLOW THE REVERT OF YOUR SAN DIEGO FROM XOLO ICS BACK TO ORANGE ICS" :D

il try this at weekend to see if i can get my osd back to orange, i prefered the orange rom as i thought it had better battery life and also my screen didn't wake up on its own !

thanks glossywhite ^_^

Guest glossywhite

can you guess the missing word at ***

"WE WILL NOW DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE FILES *** YOU TO ALLOW THE REVERT OF YOUR SAN DIEGO FROM XOLO ICS BACK TO ORANGE ICS" :D

il try this at weekend to see if i can get my osd back to orange, i prefered the orange rom as i thought it had better battery life and also my screen didn't wake up on its own !

thanks glossywhite ^_^

You're welcome.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the grammatical error - they drive me barmy! Fixed, along with two bugs, and I thank you again :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

"WE WILL NOW DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE FILES TO YOU TO ALLOW THE REVERT OF YOUR SAN DIEGO FROM XOLO ICS BACK TO ORANGE ICS"

That should be "REVERSION" surely, you're using the verb form when you should be using the noun. :P

Guest glossywhite

"WE WILL NOW DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE FILES TO YOU TO ALLOW THE REVERT OF YOUR SAN DIEGO FROM XOLO ICS BACK TO ORANGE ICS"

That should be "REVERSION" surely, you're using the verb form when you should be using the noun. :P

Feel free to write your own prepper tool :P

Thanks for pointing out the grammatical error, not that it matters. I had to wade through the AIO tool to pick out the part that does the downloading of the ZIP files, and the syntactically clunky errors I came across made me chuckle. Then again, I can only imagine the coder of the AIO tool only uses Linux when they have to, and so the finer knowledge of the syntax not being known, is understandable. Mixing batch files and bash commands... yuck! Uglyyyy! :D

Case in point:

"wget" syntax used in "setup64.bat" in the AIO tool:

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijjjj8v5z7wgywn/update.zip?dl=1 --no-check-certificate -P xolo

REN "xolo\update.zip@dl=1" "update.zip"

copy xolo\update.zip bricked\update.zip

This clearly shows me that the coder is used to the clunkyness of Windows' way of doing things, so this is to be expected, and forgivable. The way to do this properly, ergo efficiently, is:

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijjjj8v5z7wgywn/update.zip?dl=1 --no-check-certificate -O "C:\SanDiego\tools\xolo\update.zip"

... because the "-O" argument to "wget" specifies the directory and the exact filename to which the file should be saved. Having it download the filename as wrongly named, then getting Windows to rename (fix) it, and then copy it somewhere else is just messy. I also used the absolute path rather than the relative path, since I have no say from which folder the user of my prepper will be running it.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Simon O

<sigh>

Can everyone please stop with the personal attacks. I don't care who started it.. just stop right now.

Posts have been removed and edited when possible. If I ever see more posts like those then I'll start swinging the ban hammer. Seriously.

Guest glossywhite

<sigh>

Can everyone please stop with the personal attacks. I don't care who started it.. just stop right now.

Posts have been removed and edited when possible. If I ever see more posts like those then I'll start swinging the ban hammer. Seriously.

Agreed, and thanks for stepping in.

Guest BlueMoonRising

<sigh>

Agreed, and thanks for stepping in.

Guest glossywhite

i can confirm this tool works !!! i got no signature errors :wub:

Excellent! I am glad you like it :)

Edited by glossywhite

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Cozworth806

What "click the box" mean? Enable the adb box? to make it insecure?

I did that and the out of date message is still showing, am I missing something?

Guest Cozworth806

While we are at it can someone confirm the order of the instructions to use?

I read somewhere to flash the Orange logo first (4)

then is it just (2) to flash from XOLO ICS to Orange ICS?

I am rooted on XOLO but my power button has sunk like so many others so it may need to go back (currently with cardboard under the left edge, but wondering if a matchstick may be better)

Guest BlueMoonRising

While we are at it can someone confirm the order of the instructions to use?

I read somewhere to flash the Orange logo first (4)

then is it just (2) to flash from XOLO ICS to Orange ICS?

I am rooted on XOLO but my power button has sunk like so many others so it may need to go back (currently with cardboard under the left edge, but wondering if a matchstick may be better)

Yes you have to flash the Orange Logo first, and reboot. Make sure adb is killed in windows before trying to flash Orange.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markhuges

Hello, I need some , help:

I Originally, had the XOLO Set up, but forgot to put it in C/SAN diego XOLO

so i ran the set, up and it started to download the Orange Update Zip, after that finished i shut the set up, and put back in the XOLO zip to,

so i thought it will skip the download, now it keeps , RE Downloading both files and deleted the orange Zip ? How can i skip this?

Thank You

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hello, I need some , help:

I Originally, had the XOLO Set up, but forgot to put it in C/SAN diego XOLO

so i ran the set, up and it started to download the Orange Update Zip, after that finished i shut the set up, and put back in the XOLO zip to,

so i thought it will skip the download, now it keeps , RE Downloading both files and deleted the orange Zip ? How can i skip this?

Thank You

Sorry, I don't actually understand what it is you're asking.

Guest markhuges

Sorry, I don't actually understand what it is you're asking.

Basically, yeah sorry, it is a bit confusing:

I run the tool, and it starts to download Xolo and orange update, I have the Xolo update already, how can i skip it from downloading it twice? why does it need to downloaded? from running the set up,

If i cancel the set up after Orange Update is downloaed, and re run the set up, it then RE STARTS and downloads everything AGAIN.

Thank You

Guest BlueMoonRising

Basically, yeah sorry, it is a bit confusing:

I run the tool, and it starts to download Xolo and orange update, I have the Xolo update already, how can i skip it from downloading it twice? why does it need to downloaded? from running the set up,

If i cancel the set up after Orange Update is downloaed, and re run the set up, it then RE STARTS and downloads everything AGAIN.

Thank You

Ahh, basically you can't without editing the batch file. The setup.bat file you're using is just to make sure that you've got the AIO tool installed (if not it will download it, if you do it skips it), it then downloads the Orange ICS, Xolo ICS and Orange GB dump zips and puts them in the appropriate folders.

This batch is designed purely to make sure you've got the necessary files to revert back to Orange from Xolo, that's it, nothing more nothing less.

It doesn't even copy the Xolo ICS to the bricked folder which you need if you mess up BTW.

Why do you keep running it?

Guest markhuges

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that!

I have to keep running it, :( my internet, has a bad connection, and every so 30 - 50 minutes it randomly disconnects and when this happens the set up download stops in the middle and does no re continue, meaning i have to shut the set up and restart everything again, *sigh*

Also, off topic, How do i enter the recovery phone/part/ mode on this phone? what are the steps? thank you

Edited by markhuges

Guest BlueMoonRising

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that!

I have to keep running it, :( my internet, has a bad connection, and every so 30 - 50 minutes it randomly disconnects and when this happens the set up download stops in the middle and does no re continue, meaning i have to shut the set up and restart everything again, *sigh*

Also, off topic, How do i enter the recovery phone/part/ mode on this phone? what are the steps? thank you

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360586-boot-in-to-stock-recovery-mode-orange-sandiego-intel-az210a/

Guest markhuges

Thank you for that, and also, I found something else, the cause of my problem wasn't dropping the phone, it was due to a mischievous act, by my sibling. and i think i have found the solution.

Basically, i want to Hard/Maximun Re set and re create all the files on the phone, I want to make it rebuild the files , in Data/MISC/Wifi/ a file here. I want that to be re created new, as from the other thread, thanks , you told me the a factory re set, is kinda useless, as this will not affect any internal, files,

So what do you recommend? Could i do a hard/max re set, via Recovery mode?

thank you

Edit: from another thread, ::

1)wipe data/factory reset

2)wipe cache partition

when i do, this operation, which one would i do, im guessing 2 first then 1 ?

Edited by markhuges

Guest BlueMoonRising

Wipe data / factory reset is the same as doing it from the phone settings, don't think it makes any difference which order you do it in if you need to wipe wipe the cache.

Guest glossywhite

Must be some bugs in there - feel free to modify and improve my code - this project is finished for me, so it won't be updated.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...