2 replies to this topic

rather.b.sailing

rather.b.sailing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung Portal
Hi all,

I've rooted my g300 and removed some of the pre-installed vodafone rubbish, however now my phone permenantly comes up with an error about the application:

com.lmi.vodafone.rescue

Needing to be force closed, I close it and it pops up immediately, so much so that I cannot get into settings to even switch USB debugging on :(.

Any suggestions? If I can manage to get USB debugging on, anyone know if I can remove whatever is crashing using adb or similar? of if there is a recovery mode I can use? (power + volume as per the root install).

Thank you!

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
A lazy fix would be to reinstall your stock ROM. You can force update a update.app to do this.

Edited by kyan31, 06 April 2013 - 12:35 AM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

penthaler

penthaler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@penthaler
When I delete some system apps, right after finishing it, I start up SD MAID and checking for CORPSES. Many times I got a lot of them (corpse = the rest of app, that wasnt removed). After removing, restart phone and all is ok. ;) Try it

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Slightly off topic, but I would recommend getting a custom ROM, it has a lot of improvements over the stock ROM

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users