problem with installing update

Guest Wellus

Guest Wellus

Hello, i am trying to install rom into my phone and i have problem doing it... i do everything like huaweig300.com guide says, but i am stuck at baseband stuff, my baseband is 109808, so i downloaded that B952 update, put dload folder from zip to sd card, unplug the phone, and then i try to update it via settings>storage>update via sd card(something like that), everything seems fine and then phone restarts and instead of installing update it just restarts and boots up like just after ordinary restart... no update, nothing, still stuck with mine 109808 and B885 GB

EDIT: there are no errors at all, just restarts and thats all

EDIT: maybe i should do force update? will it brick the phone or not? in the official guide with B952 update there is written that i should have at least B934 to do this update

EDIT: well got pink screen with force update... maybe i should try internal memory? btw phone works after restart

EDIT: ok not working too... so any suggestions how can i upgrade to ICS from B885, baseband 109808? huaweig300.com guide didn't helped(did exactly step by step, did imei backup and next step was to update according to baseband copied update and it don't want to install)

Edited by Wellus

Guest george109

Try to download it again, and also do a factory reset on the phone too (Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset phone)

Guest george109

Also try mounting USB storage after the factory reset and formatting the internal and external storage, by right clicking the phone memory and going format and click all the options for both the phone and the sd card

Guest Wellus

ok i will try the second option, because first one i had to do, after root it started to restart-loop because holo launcher always stopped responding(after reset root is still there so it's good and ofc no apps)

Guest Wellus

is there are any way to just get to cyanogen 10.1 without ota updates?(because i can't do them... no OTA for me because of my country(although i can see that UK have same B885 like me), huawei deleted updates for who ever knows why , direct B9xx(from huawei ICS one) does not work, phone just restarts without update and my current baseband is 109808

Edited by Wellus

Guest GOlteanu

having problem finding update.app :/ can't find neither b892 nor b895 and i don't really want to be stuck with b885 GB

I'll try to upload it somewere tonight (I'm at work and don't have full internet acces), try and save every update.app file you get your hands on, because you never know when you might need it.

Guest GOlteanu

I'll try to upload it somewere tonight (I'm at work and don't have full internet acces), try and save every update.app file you get your hands on, because you never know when you might need it.

Here you go: https://drive.google...OTA&usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any problems downloading.

BTW: this is B895, one is an archive containig the update, and the other is the update file itself.

Edited by GOlteanu

Guest Wellus

downloaded succesfully, but this is just hilarious... even GB update gives me pink screen, or restarts via sd card...

maybe i need B892? i checked UK B885 whole version number and it matches, so i guess other UK updates will work fine for me, but i need all of them then

Edited by Wellus

Guest GOlteanu

Try force update, put it in the dload folder, shut down phone, pull battery for 10-15 seconds, put battery back on and press volume down, volume up and power at the same time.

Guest Wellus

hmm nope, i was trying to do everything according to huaweig300.com guide, managed to do only imei backup and then where i had to choose my baseband and do update, thats the place where i am stuck, because pink screen... ofc phone is workng. I will try to install cwm somehow, but now i am at uni and soon i will have to go, when i get home i will try to install that cwm, but what i should do after that when cwm is installed?

Edited by Wellus

Guest GOlteanu

hmm nope, i was trying to do everything according to huaweig300.com guide, managed to do only imei backup and then where i had to choose my baseband and do update, thats the place where i am stuck, because pink screen... ofc phone is workng. I will try to install cwm somehow, but now i am at uni and soon i will have to go, when i get home i will try to install that cwm, but what i should do after that when cwm is installed?

Update to B9XX, root it, unlock bootloader, install CWM, make a CWM Backup and then flash any custom ROM you find here, you have a wide variety from which to chose...

Guest Wellus

well the problem is in first part, can't update it for now i am with B885 (in my country i can't update the phone via OTA, even tried that trick with framework...) and somehow i need to update to B9XX manually... if B895 is not working so i guess i need B892(heard people mostly get this update, then somekind of small one and ics)

P.S. talked with someone from huawei and they told me to talk with local service for huawei, so i talked with them too and they said that i should get the update around the end of november... and now it is april... after that time they don't answer me...

Guest Wellus

ok got cwm, i need 2030 baseband, any suggestions?

and another question do i need any updates like b892 b895 and such? or i can just go directly to b952?(i need to change baseband ofc)

Edited by Wellus

Guest Wellus

used this guide and everything works fine, got baseband 2030, no problem for now, so i installed zip file via recovery, then installed rom and then gapps

Edited by Wellus