[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest SyrupDErable

Any word on any changes to Electra ROM as a result of Dazz's commitment to new nightly builds for CM10.1 (the base for Electra)??

Designed to deal with "signal loss problem", he says.

Guest spider4

using u8815 ,settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me,as well as can not find a way to get the boot into recovery to show up when the power button is held

Did you check developer options/advanced reboot/show always and there is maybe one more place. I'm not on this rom soo can't check.

Guest SyrupDErable

Did you check developer options/advanced reboot/show always and there is maybe one more place. I'm not on this rom soo can't check.

That certainly provides the option of "When unlocked, include options in the power menu for rebooting normally or into recovery"

though I've never used that myself, always going back to the "manual", standard, method -- there are SO MANY features in this ROM

:-)

safe to say I've left mine unchecked and never had any difficulty using the "standard" method

that is, presuming you know about how to enable the developer options (via About Phone/build number -- tap 7 times -- it's an Android 4 "thing" to hide it)

though it doesn't address the issue about settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me" -- I've never had that problem so can't speak from experience -- and would prefer to leave "developer options" for developers.

but, being foolish, I tested it and it does cause Settings to stop -- message comes up "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. OK" but tapping OK, returns phone to working state, for me, without any further problems.

I Do know there was something about Security setting crashing on a previous version of the kernel 3.0.7 -- so it's probably, again, not a ROM issue.

Then again, this overall issue, of limiting SMS messages, has a bit of a thorny historical past -- if you're curious, then that's what Google searches are for -- but see here for some "ancient history"

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36617

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest sebag2

tried this rom on initial release and now my 2 cents about R3

-basicly ok

-battery life is HORRIBLE. I'm sorry but some1 has to say it. Don't install it if you are actually using your phone (Stocklike roms or ShenzuOS is for you with godly battery life)

-random rebots - i've been using this rom for a week and had something like 4 reboots, not that bad but can hurt when you are waiting for an important call

-good game pefrormance - better than stock but worse than shenzu/baidu

-notification led - cant get it to blink green and when i use 3rd party app it works fine but then low battery notification goes apeshit (like 5 irregular blinks in a second)

Guest BadMan PimpY

-basicly ok

-battery life is HORRIBLE. I'm sorry but some1 has to say it. Don't install it if you are actually using your phone (Stocklike roms or ShenzuOS is for you with godly battery life)

-random rebots - i've been using this rom for a week and had something like 4 reboots, not that bad but can hurt when you are waiting for an important call

-notification led - cant get it to blink green and when i use 3rd party app it works fine but then low battery notification goes apeshit (like 5 irregular blinks in a second)

Define..Horrible battey life....?

Define..godly battery life....?

Guest sebag2

Define..Horrible battey life....?

Define..godly battery life....?

With Electra 18% left after 19h of use - there is and improvement from the initial release. initial took 12% over night (idle) this release took 3% when idle

With Stock+ its like 2 days

With ShenduOS/Baidu i managed to get to 4days

Why it says me that i have a update to do then it syas MD5 error-download failed

I'm using the version 3

same here

Edited by sebag2

Guest kyan31

-basicly ok

Do you have any constructive feedback? Do you have any feedback that will actually help me to debug issues etc.? Thanks.

Guest SyrupDErable

-basicly ok

as far as I can figure out from the ShenduOS topic -- it's not the same OS -- if you choose GB, you'll also get better battery life, but you won't get the features of JB 4.2.2 -- if you do NOT want those features, then that's your CHOICE -- advantages and disadvantages of different ROMs, and individual choices -- ME? the latest posts on the ShenduOS topic indicate it has HEAPS of problems of its own, with Google Apps, "restarts", and other issues -- and those Google apps are vital to me but apart from some minor initial probs with Google Voice Search, easily solved by re-installing that app, I've had no problems with Google apps -- my choice -- JB4.2.2 photography features, Google apps, and stability, and English-language apps, are important to me --- so ..... ShenduOS is NOT for me -- advantages and disadvantages, carefully evaluate, and then choose, without unnecessary rancour

but about that camera resolution problem with Electra?

Guest sebag2

Do you have any constructive feedback? Do you have any feedback that will actually help me to debug issues etc.? Thanks.

i'm not a dev. i have no idea how to help you.

shendu is 4.1.2 JB

had no issues with gapps and its multilanguage

Guest SyrupDErable

i'm not a dev. i have no idea how to help you.

shendu is 4.1.2 JB

had no issues with gapps and its multilanguage

well, I'm sure we're happy, JUST FOR YOU

but

-- your experiences are NOT shared by ALL those contributing to the ShendoOS topic discussion list

--- Electra is JB 4.2.2 -- NOT the same thing (or attempt at the same thing) as ShendoOS

and

-- I thought we were members of a Community, with similar needs, contributing to a collective meeting of those "needs" / desires, through sharing of constructive feedback and suggestions, but if you choose to NOT be a member of that community, because you evaluate YOUR needs / desires differently, then that's your right, but how about NOT venting your wrath on others, especially if you have nothing to contribute as you're "i'm not a dev. i have no idea how to help you."

you do realise the dev in this case is acting voluntarily, without any extrinsic reward (like money) and as a result may not need, deserve, or welcome your "contributions"???

Let me be even more clear -- I get much better battery life from my SGS III, too, a much more powerful and power-hungry phone, but in its stock version it comes with JB4.1.2 -- and there's a reason why makers like Samsung and Huawei release phones with the OS they do, rather than the "most powerful" ROM -- they minimize their costs, and hassle -- THEY get paid to develop and maintain ROMs -- and for the "majority" of users, with the majority of needs/desires, such systems suffice -- but if you want more, you have to "pay", one way or another, there's always a price -- with this, and any, custom ROM you don't have to pay money, unless you choose to, and then if you do, I'm sure the dev would pay more attention to your REQUESTS taking all things into account, like other users' REQUESTS -- and my mummy told me "always say please, and ask nicely"

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest kyan31

but about that camera resolution problem with Electra?

The camera resolution can't be changed, I don't know what happened with Daz's latest build, but for some reason it won't let me change the res without instability problems. maybe Dazzozo can give us an explanation. However, the camera bitrate has been improved, and the Bravia Engine should keep things looking good too.

Guest kyan31

using u8815 ,settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me,as well as can not find a way to get the boot into recovery to show up when the power button is held

Settings/about

Press the build number repeatedly until you become a 'developer'

Developer options should now be available in the settings

Now go to developer options and tick the 'reboot into recovery' option.

That should be it, now you can hold the power button, press reboot, and pick what type of reboot you want to perform.

Guest Hayder7

It's such a shame to find so many unfriendly people around here. You guys either enjoy the great free works of these wonderful people and say thanks at least or please leave silently. there is no need to be so unfriendly. I think without these wonderful ROMs the g300 could have been thrown obsolete long time ago, and all these effort for free and still some people are too mean to be just polite! I find that really awkward.

Guest suskisunami

It's such a shame to find so many unfriendly people around here. You guys either enjoy the great free works of these wonderful people and say thanks at least or please leave silently. there is no need to be so unfriendly. I think without these wonderful ROMs the g300 could have been thrown obsolete long time ago, and all these effort for free and still some people are too mean to be just polite! I find that really awkward.

I really agree with you .. without these roms these phone is nothing .. and we all must give some constructive feedback if something is wrong, but saying that kind of things like sebag2 i think he must be quiet and don't come here and say stupid things.. kyan spend so much time doing this for FREE to give people a good Rom ... but its really a shame some people don't realise that ..

Guest psionandy

hmm... downloading the gapps package from the first post, however chrome/google are saying that it contains malware. Rom package downloads fine,

any ideas/comments?

Guest SyrupDErable

hmm... downloading the gapps package from the first post, however chrome/google are saying that it contains malware. Rom package downloads fine,

any ideas/comments?

WHAT, exactly, does it say when it gives you the indication that it's malware?

In general, see this

https://traxarmstron...port/#gsc.tab=0

BUT, no promises, I re-downloaded it using Chrome, saw something myself, and scanned it using Avast Antivirus and it said "no threat found"

Fortunately, I've got TrustGo installed on my phone and it's NEVER found any problems with ANY malware on my phone, I've got it doing weekly checks, but perhaps daily checks is better (it's quick) if you're experimenting with a lot of new software on your phone.

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest sebag2

I don't understand why the is so much hostility when someone is saying anything bad about any rom. Before installing everyone should know what are the possible downsides of any rom. I really appreciate the work of anyone who is developing in their free time but such reaction to critique is just silly.

Guest SyrupDErable

I don't understand why the is so much hostility when someone is saying anything bad about any rom. Before installing everyone should know what are the possible downsides of any rom. I really appreciate the work of anyone who is developing in their free time but such reaction to critique is just silly.

I think this could be due in part to your making negative comments about "the ROM" when in large part you're talking mostly about the negative aspects of an OS, namely about Jelly Bean 4.2.2 -- all other things being equal, JB consumes more power than any other version of Android (sfaik -- certainly more than GB and JB 4.1)

e.g., your comment about battery life:

"battery life is HORRIBLE." -- without any response in terms of specifics from you -- like graphs of usage, despite my providing guidelines about how to do that

"On ICS 2 days are not hard to achieve" -- but it's NOT ICS ffs!

reboots -- "random rebots - i've been using this rom for a week and had something like 4 reboots" (my emphasis added)

(I've been using it myself for considerably longer; had some problems initially, and now haven't had one for well over a week -- at least, despite coming to the ROM relatively "late")

fwiw -- reboots are NOT a problem with this ROM (perhaps not with any ROM, what about bootloader etc etc? -- as discussed in particular on the CM10.1 topic discussion, sfaik -- have a look at Dazzazo's latest comment about non-bootloader reboots on that list)

as other people have said:

"" If you don't like JB, you can always go back to ICS" -- advantages and disadvantages of different OS -- you weighs 'em up, and pay the price if you want the advantages for "the cost"

and someone else:

"Lightning and Electra are based on two completely different ROMs, so you can't really compare them in terms of battery life."

"its all about deep sleep but as an end user i don't really care why it does that. ICS can do it fine and smoothly"

this is a discussion thread about the Electra ROM, not about the pros and cons of JB vs ICS !!!

but as you said: "i'm not a dev. i have no idea how to help you."

but there are rules about submitting comments -- they should be associated with logcat files about SPECIFIC problems with THIS ROM

please do so, or please withdraw from the "discussion" -- a discussion is not a list of idle rants, such as your comments about ICS, or other versions of JB

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest sebag2

So in your opinion comparing this rom to anything else is bad... then to what should it be compared? Everything 4.2.2 is basically Danzig core with some customizations so same or even more (maybe not 100% true. Electra has an awesome customization menu)...

Anyways I think I'll pass on this discussion if only good comments are allowed. Never had such problems with expressing downsides of specific roms.