[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

1188 replies to this topic

jpmagalhaes

jpmagalhaes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300 (U8815)

I'm completely rebasing Electra to CMR4, so don't worry.

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but i suppose that's going to take a while, isn't it?

I'm not trying to hurry you or something, it's just that I really like your rom, but the network drops make it unusable for me, and if it takes a while, I'd rather try CM 10.1 until yours is ready. :)

bigblack66

bigblack66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
@AussieExpat
the patch for go launcher was released 3 days ago on the first site of this thread...

Edited by bigblack66, 29 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Huaweii U8815

@AussieExpat
the patch for go launcher was released 3 days ago on the first site of this thread...

Many thanks, sorry I missed it -- with over 30 pages of this topic (and over 110 for CM10.1) I sometimes forget to check the first page, darn it!!
:o :D

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Kyan, will you be incorporating all the current add-ons & tweaks into the new V3?

Ofcourse

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but i suppose that's going to take a while, isn't it?

I'm not trying to hurry you or something, it's just that I really like your rom, but the network drops make it unusable for me, and if it takes a while, I'd rather try CM 10.1 until yours is ready. Posted Image

It will only take a day or two, it's fine.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Incidentally, -- you do realise the procedure linked to above for installing a new JB ROM for upgraders is slightly different from yours? not sure about the significance of the differences.

The method I have posted is completely correct, it contains all the wipes actually needed without any placebo wipes.

jpmagalhaes

jpmagalhaes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300 (U8815)

It will only take a day or two, it's fine.

Cool, Love you man! :P

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

The method I have posted is completely correct, it contains all the wipes actually needed without any placebo wipes.

thanks for clarifying -- the criticism has been made of some that they're not doing "full wipes", best to be sure

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

thanks for clarifying -- the criticism has been made of some that they're not doing "full wipes", best to be sure

What do you mean?

soul_0830

soul_0830

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510 - 0200
Hi kyan31,

Like the electra rom a lot. Like the tweaks and mods that you have implemented.

I was reading the thread and saw that many have complained network issues with 2g/3g on CM10.1.
I too had this problem before I officially unlocked my bootloader. Now I can use CM10.1 without network & reboot isssues.
More on official bootloader unlock can be found on modaco G300 forums. Hope this helps someone out there.

bigblack66

bigblack66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I was reading the thread and saw that many have complained network issues with 2g/3g on CM10.1.
I too had this problem before I officially unlocked my bootloader. Now I can use CM10.1 without network & reboot isssues.
More on official bootloader unlock can be found on modaco G300 forums. Hope this helps someone out there.

i have read some threads about unlock the bootloader, have an email to huawei for unlock code, so far no answer...
but i read you must go first goback to ICS and install the oficially update.app. can i do this with CWM (have 6.0.2.7) or what files i need for my 8815?

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

i have read some threads about unlock the bootloader, have an email to huawei for unlock code, so far no answer...
but i read you must go first goback to ICS and install the oficially update.app. can i do this with CWM (have 6.0.2.7) or what files i need for my 8815?

As I remember from manual on Huawei site, you should format your SD card and put on it update.app. Switch of your phone, insert SD card with update and turn it on while holding for several sec volume up + volume down + power buttons. Huawei software update screen should appear :)
Check this steps on huawei site, just to be sure!!

And got again to the thread about unlocking bootloader, and send again mail to Huawei using template that is posted in thread :)

Edited by predragiPredrag, 30 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

As I remember from manual on Huawei site, you should format your SD card and put on it update.app. Switch of your phone, insert SD card with update and turn it on while holding for several sec volume up + volume down + power buttons. Huawei software update screen should appear :)
Check this steps on huawei site, just to be sure!!

And got again to the thread about unlocking bootloader, and send again mail to Huawei using template that is posted in thread :)

this is getting confusing -- there are postings on both the Electra and CM10.1 sifes at the "same" time

it seems to be dependent on a number of steps -- perhaps crucial is giving Huawei the "correct" IMEI number
using B952 as the recovery (does that sound right?)

and one of the "final" steps is using the "right" version of GAPPS if one is going back to a previous version, so you can officially unlock the bootloader -- it seems there are probably less than a handful of people who REALLY know the correct procedure, and if you're interested in using an "unofficial" ROM like CM10.1 or Electra, I don't think we can rely too much on what's on Huawei's site -- that's for the early stages only -- I don't think the update.app does much apart from checking before and after if one has "officially" unlocked the bootloader -- hopefully a boffin can provide more guidance soon -- I can't see such crucial developments occurring in Electra until they're resolved in its base CM10.1 -- I'm holding off even reading more about it till then, for now that seems safest, to me.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts
I fully rebased Electra a while ago, so now just testing and adding any extra features I can cram in. Expect an update soon.

LordlyAngel

LordlyAngel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
We are waiting forward to this very good rom ...

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Does swapper 2 work for anyone? as It doesn't seem to work for me... it just says FAIL after everything when i click "on". I can give a logcat to anyone who wants it

Edited by george109, 30 April 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Hello. I have some really important stuff to do. This means I will be away for the forum for at least a month (from 8.5.14). 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
CHASING OUR TAILS?

Do we have people working on clarifying / confirming whether or not officially unlocking the bootloader is required for good 2G/3G call quality ?
(regardless of what other goodies are crammed into any future ROM)?

IF it is required,
THEN won't we just be "chasing our tails", complaining about the quality of calls, 15+ more pages on in this thread if we haven't addressed that?

Don't get me wrong i'm in love with the best, cheapest "toy" I've ever had, many times more powerful than the first computer I had in my working life (back prior to Windows 3.1 -- had all of a 40Mb HDD!! )

-- it's just that I think some people want a bit of that, maybe just a little bit, on top of,
rather than instead of,
a phone.making calls of good quality.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

CHASING OUR TAILS?

Do we have people working on clarifying / confirming whether or not officially unlocking the bootloader is required for good 2G/3G call quality ?
(regardless of what other goodies are crammed into any future ROM)?

IF it is required,
THEN won't we just be "chasing our tails", complaining about the quality of calls, 15+ more pages on in this thread if we haven't addressed that?

Don't get me wrong i'm in love with the best, cheapest "toy" I've ever had, many times more powerful than the first computer I had in my working life (back prior to Windows 3.1 -- had all of a 40Mb HDD!! )

-- it's just that I think some people want a bit of that, maybe just a little bit, on top of,
rather than instead of,
a phone.making calls of good quality.

Sorry, but this question isn't really related to Electra at all, so it should be asked somewhere else. Also, you don't have to have a big bold title at the top of everything you write, everyone will see your comments so there is no need to make them stand out so much. Thanks.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Sorry, but this question isn't really related to Electra at all, so it should be asked somewhere else. Also, you don't have to have a big bold title at the top of everything you write, everyone will see your comments so there is no need to make them stand out so much. Thanks.

But imho it IS relevant -- the Electra ROM is "designed" to be an "improvement" on the CM10.1 ROM base, but how can it be an improvement if a "fundamental flaw" in that ROM (and IF .... -- as has been suggested by others) then how can it be, with all the negative implications for hoped for improvements in call quality??

and from my own, and numerous others, experience (and unresolved cause) of random reboots, and broken network signals, on R4 is anything to go by, basing anything TOO closely on R4 would NOT be the way to go right now.

Edited by AussieExpat, 01 May 2013 - 11:32 AM.

reredas

reredas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300
I using this rom, it's realy good, but I cant find out - how to open that thing, wich is showed in third photo :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users