1188 replies to this topic

Jazzi

Jazzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G (8GB)
  • Twitter:@joomguy

I've noticed reboots too. These usually occur when I have MX player on with a video and then lock the screen. Does anyone else have this problem? I made sure that it's MX player. just wondering.

I've had this happen a few times after playing a video with either VLC or the built-in video player. The buttons go white and the screen goes black and the only way for me to get the phone working again is to pull the battery... I haven't mentioned it because it's not a show-stopper by a long way, especially when the rest of ROM is so great ;)

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G

Sometimes the sensor gets occluded by dust and clearing/blowing this out fixes the problem.

Trust me, I want to entirely disable the proximity sensor, I don't use it anyway.

And like many posted lately, I tested it out with my brother, he called me, screen went black after answering, the button remained white and screen wouldnt turn back on after 1-2 minutes the phone reboots...

Proud Owner Of a Motorola Moto G
arzw.jpg

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Trust me, I want to entirely disable the proximity sensor, I don't use it anyway.

And like many posted lately, I tested it out with my brother, he called me, screen went black after answering, the button remained white and screen wouldnt turn back on after 1-2 minutes the phone reboots...

+1 for this proximity sensor idea, as I have had the same issue.

Edited by nsmacd1, 10 May 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
Nevermind, I accidentally deleted the camera app.

Edited by Gabriel94, 10 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Proud Owner Of a Motorola Moto G
arzw.jpg

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
I am getting an issue where at random times the screen will go black & the 3 button lights come on and nothing will wake the phone up apart from a battery pull/reboot. Anyone else getting this, or just me?

Edited by nsmacd1, 10 May 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Posted Image

garricic

garricic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Google talk still not working shame...

works well for me....

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
I made 2 zips to enable/disable the proximity sensor, go here do download them:

http://www.modaco.co...ased-roms-only/

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Jazzi

Jazzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G (8GB)
  • Twitter:@joomguy

I am getting an issue where at random times the screen will go black & the 3 button lights come on and nothing will wake the phone up apart from a battery pull/reboot. Anyone else getting this, or just me?

Um, yes... Read up 4 posts before your one! ;) I decided it was happening after video playback, but it seems to happen at other times too (just when I unlock the phone with nothing running in the background, 3G disabled and WiFi switched on). Glad it's not just me though - might make it easier to work out why it's happening! :D

DeeNuttyDJ

DeeNuttyDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Gah, getting so annoyed the fact, that i can't find a workaround displaying the contacts from my sim. "i don't want to import them" so might have to scrap the use of this rom. if thats the case.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Gah, getting so annoyed the fact, that i can't find a workaround displaying the contacts from my sim. "i don't want to import them" so might have to scrap the use of this rom. if thats the case.

Just sync them to your Google account, CM10.1 is exactly the same.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
NEW MODS

CM10.1 Performance control

AOKP Performance control

DPI Fixer - If you went under 180 DPI and you now have FC's, flash this to go back to your default DPI (240)

Flash with correct wipes (Cache/Dalvik)

I probably should've made these mods before, but I forgot :P

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience.

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini
Ohhh no i cannot receive SMS-s and i didn't notice it untill now, i did actualy lose money becouse of it :(

Sorry Kyan, i dont blame you, but this bug makes my phone unusabe, becouse main functionality of mobile phone is to call or receive calls, and send, receive SMS-s. And SMS-s dosn't work at all or i can't receive it i don't know. And sound quality is not realy good, when i talk to someone i just keep saying "What... What ?... " (it is cyanogenmod bug i think)

I do like this rom, but it makes my phone unusable. How ever i will folow this topic and when somebody confirms that SMS bug and sound quality is fixed i will come back.

Reflashed rom, and now sms works, i don't know what coused it to not work, flashing ROM again fixed it.

Edited by k0va, 12 May 2013 - 04:09 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Ohhh no i cannot receive SMS-s and i didn't notice it untill now, i did actualy lose money becouse of it Posted Image

Sorry Kyan, i dont blame you, but this bug makes my phone unusabe, becouse main functionality of mobile phone is to call or receive calls, and send, receive SMS-s. And SMS-s dosn't work at all or i can't receive it i don't know. And sound quality is not realy good, when i talk to someone i just keep saying "What... What ?... " (it is cyanogenmod bug i think)

I do like this rom, but it makes my phone unusable. How ever i will folow this topic and when somebody confirms that SMS bug and sound quality is fixed i will come back.

Reflashed rom, and now sms works, i don't know what coused it to not work, flashing ROM again fixed it.

SMS always worked, I would definitely write that it is doesn't work, if it in fact did not work. I'm sorry about anything this bug may of caused, but at the same time you are responsible for whatever happens after flashing a custom ROM.

If it does ever happen again, please report it here.

Edited by kyan31, 12 May 2013 - 04:28 PM.

valy17400

valy17400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 NFC
  • Twitter:@valy_bv
Youtube works? thx

Redrabit

Redrabit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Youtube works? thx

Try this: https://www.box.com/...2i3d8joo42roxkf
it's fantástic and can download to mp3 or video.
:)

Edited by Redrabit, 12 May 2013 - 06:48 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Youtube works? thx

Yes, of course.

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Yes ofcource that i m responsible for everything i do on my cell phone and i don't blame anybody, just shareing my experience, maybe it helps to improve ROM, or somebody here on forum knows what is couse of this.

The SMS bug happends again,

Here is what i did do.

Flashed rom, everything works.
Installed Go Backup pro 3.2 still sms works
Restore my backed up apps, sms-s and contact. stil everything works. (did not restore any settings)
Also did some customization in settings, like grid size on homescreen and so. everything works
Fiew hours leater
Used facebook messages, wifi, and camera fx app, tryed original camera app, tryed recording and playing video with "MX player"
Tryed to send sms, sms sends ok, and called person that i send sms she did received it and responded to it, but i didn't receive response. Also i was bearly understood what she is talking becouse sound quality.
Tryed even delete all mesages, but dosn't help.
I do keep old messages so i can check when and what did i send somebody, this is usefull for me currently i have abotu 970 text messages.

After fiew trys to receive sms, i did give up and flashed lightening back. Sound qulity in call is better i can understand what person is talking and eveything works.

I will reflash it thoumorow and try install all apps from google play, not useing restore.

Question is m' I only one with this problem. If Yes, it is possible that some app couseing it, i will check app by app when (it will take some time), and report back witch one is.

How ever, i do love your work kyan31 :) Ligtening is the best ROM i ever tryed, and this one have potential to be even better :)

Edited by k0va, 12 May 2013 - 10:09 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Yes ofcource that i m responsible for everything i do on my cell phone and i don't blame anybody, just shareing my experience, maybe it helps to improve ROM, or somebody here on forum knows what is couse of this.

The SMS bug happends again,

Here is what i did do.

Flashed rom, everything works.
Installed Go Backup pro 3.2 still sms works
Restore my backed up apps, sms-s and contact. stil everything works. (did not restore any settings)
Also did some customization in settings, like grid size on homescreen and so. everything works
Fiew hours leater
Used facebook messages, wifi, and camera fx app, tryed original camera app, tryed recording and playing video with "MX player"
Tryed to send sms, sms sends ok, and called person that i send sms she did received it and responded to it, but i didn't receive response. Also i was bearly understood what she is talking becouse sound quality.
Tryed even delete all mesages, but dosn't help.
I do keep old messages so i can check when and what did i send somebody, this is usefull for me currently i have abotu 970 text messages.

After fiew trys to receive sms, i did give up and flashed lightening back. Sound qulity in call is better i can understand what person is talking and eveything works.

I will reflash it thoumorow and try install all apps from google play, not useing restore.

Question is m' I only one with this problem. If Yes, it is possible that some app couseing it, i will check app by app when (it will take some time), and report back witch one is.

How ever, i do love your work kyan31 :) Ligtening is the best ROM i ever tryed, and this one have potential to be even better :)

The problem is that you are using Go Backup. Go Backup can corrupt many features of the ROM when you restore with it. I would recommend doing full wipes, and then not using Go Backup at all for a bug free experience :)

Edited by kyan31, 12 May 2013 - 10:25 PM.

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The back-up restore is causing the problem (I had the same on ICS ROMs), so I just downloaded apps from PlayStore & re-installed others manually. Slow, but effective! :)

Once up & running again, then you can create another Go Backup file and use that for future restores (In my experience with no further errors!)

Edited by nsmacd1, 12 May 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I m going to try it right now, and report back to this post in fiew days becouse, sms did work, and even after gobackup restore.

Thank you kyan31 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users