• Please log in to reply
1186 replies to this topic

suskisunami

suskisunami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Feiteng H7189

It's such a shame to find so many unfriendly people around here. You guys either enjoy the great free works of these wonderful people and say thanks at least or please leave silently. there is no need to be so unfriendly. I think without these wonderful ROMs the g300 could have been thrown obsolete long time ago, and all these effort for free and still some people are too mean to be just polite! I find that really awkward.

I really agree with you .. without these roms these phone is nothing .. and we all must give some constructive feedback if something is wrong, but saying that kind of things like sebag2 i think he must be quiet and don't come here and say stupid things.. kyan spend so much time doing this for FREE to give people a good Rom ... but its really a shame some people don't realise that ..

nobody008

nobody008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 Aus Version
^+1

Rom Currently using
Posted Image

Redrabit

Redrabit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
+1

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy
Just getting round to downloading v3 now...
again... thanks for all your work on this. It really is appreciated

Psion Revo+ -> Psion 5MX -> Sony ClieT675-> Palm T2-> Sharp Zaurus 5500 -> AximX50V-> MDA Compact-> Vario II ->Vario III ->Samsung Omnia ->T-Mobile Pulse -> Huawai-G300 -> Nook HD+ ->Samsung Galaxy Note II

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy
hmm... downloading the gapps package from the first post, however chrome/google are saying that it contains malware. Rom package downloads fine,
any ideas/comments?

Psion Revo+ -> Psion 5MX -> Sony ClieT675-> Palm T2-> Sharp Zaurus 5500 -> AximX50V-> MDA Compact-> Vario II ->Vario III ->Samsung Omnia ->T-Mobile Pulse -> Huawai-G300 -> Nook HD+ ->Samsung Galaxy Note II

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GS III, Huawei G300

hmm... downloading the gapps package from the first post, however chrome/google are saying that it contains malware. Rom package downloads fine,
any ideas/comments?

WHAT, exactly, does it say when it gives you the indication that it's malware?

In general, see this

https://traxarmstron...port/#gsc.tab=0

BUT, no promises, I re-downloaded it using Chrome, saw something myself, and scanned it using Avast Antivirus and it said "no threat found"

Fortunately, I've got TrustGo installed on my phone and it's NEVER found any problems with ANY malware on my phone, I've got it doing weekly checks, but perhaps daily checks is better (it's quick) if you're experimenting with a lot of new software on your phone.

Edited by SyrupDErable, 19 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
I promise, there are no problems with the GAPPS whatsoever. Its probably just a false positive.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

sebag2

sebag2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8815
I don't understand why the is so much hostility when someone is saying anything bad about any rom. Before installing everyone should know what are the possible downsides of any rom. I really appreciate the work of anyone who is developing in their free time but such reaction to critique is just silly.

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I don't understand why the is so much hostility when someone is saying anything bad about any rom. Before installing everyone should know what are the possible downsides of any rom. I really appreciate the work of anyone who is developing in their free time but such reaction to critique is just silly.

I think this could be due in part to your making negative comments about "the ROM" when in large part you're talking mostly about the negative aspects of an OS, namely about Jelly Bean 4.2.2 -- all other things being equal, JB consumes more power than any other version of Android (sfaik -- certainly more than GB and JB 4.1)

e.g., your comment about battery life:

"battery life is HORRIBLE." -- without any response in terms of specifics from you -- like graphs of usage, despite my providing guidelines about how to do that
"On ICS 2 days are not hard to achieve" -- but it's NOT ICS ffs!

reboots -- "random rebots - i've been using this rom for a week and had something like 4 reboots" (my emphasis added)
(I've been using it myself for considerably longer; had some problems initially, and now haven't had one for well over a week -- at least, despite coming to the ROM relatively "late")
fwiw -- reboots are NOT a problem with this ROM (perhaps not with any ROM, what about bootloader etc etc? -- as discussed in particular on the CM10.1 topic discussion, sfaik -- have a look at Dazzazo's latest comment about non-bootloader reboots on that list)

as other people have said:
"" If you don't like JB, you can always go back to ICS" -- advantages and disadvantages of different OS -- you weighs 'em up, and pay the price if you want the advantages for "the cost"

and someone else:

"Lightning and Electra are based on two completely different ROMs, so you can't really compare them in terms of battery life."

"its all about deep sleep but as an end user i don't really care why it does that. ICS can do it fine and smoothly"

this is a discussion thread about the Electra ROM, not about the pros and cons of JB vs ICS !!!

but as you said: "i'm not a dev. i have no idea how to help you."

but there are rules about submitting comments -- they should be associated with logcat files about SPECIFIC problems with THIS ROM

please do so, or please withdraw from the "discussion" -- a discussion is not a list of idle rants, such as your comments about ICS, or other versions of JB

Edited by SyrupDErable, 19 May 2013 - 01:03 PM.

sebag2

sebag2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8815
So in your opinion comparing this rom to anything else is bad... then to what should it be compared? Everything 4.2.2 is basically Danzig core with some customizations so same or even more (maybe not 100% true. Electra has an awesome customization menu)...

Anyways I think I'll pass on this discussion if only good comments are allowed. Never had such problems with expressing downsides of specific roms.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

So in your opinion comparing this rom to anything else is bad... then to what should it be compared? Everything 4.2.2 is basically Danzig core with some customizations so same or even more (maybe not 100% true. Electra has an awesome customization menu)...

Anyways I think I'll pass on this discussion if only good comments are allowed. Never had such problems with expressing downsides of specific roms.

There's nothing wrong with comparing ROMs, but certain ROMs should not be compared as they are different versions of android.

Also, there is nothing wrong with criticising a ROM, but it must be constructive, and it must contain info that the developer can use e.g:

- Logcats

- Batterystats

- List of installed apps

- List of installed mods

- Screenshots

- Method of installation - full wipes or no wipes

With this type of info, a developer can actually diagnose your issue, and then maybe even fix it.

Edited by kyan31, 19 May 2013 - 01:22 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

xokker

xokker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
Working perfect, so far the 4.2.2 rom i liked most, thanks and keep up the good work.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Working perfect, so far the 4.2.2 rom i liked most, thanks and keep up the good work.

I'm glad you like it, and thanks :)

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini
Hello,
I did flash rom, again without useing any backup app. I still do have some problems with SMS, i can receive sms, but sometimes it takes hours or days to receive sms, also sometimes i cannot send sms in first try, or no signal on phone. Usualiy reboot helps, sim pin is not allways accepted, after enterying sim pin phone asks again sim pin, and doesn't count it as wrong pin. I do think that this bug is specific for combination of this ROM, my G300, and my carrier Tele2 in Croatia.
On Lightening Rom, everything works perfectly, so it is not hardware.

EDIT:

i have the network drop iusse, i try patch with ril from cm i have signal but no one can call me
any possible fix?

Same here, i think it is the same bug that couses me truble with sms, please repport, does the patch works.

Edited by k0va, 20 May 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Loki86

Loki86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
i have the network drop iusse, i try patch with ril from cm i have signal but no one can call me
any possible fix?

ZTE blade: OLED black gen1-->gen2 v10f
clockwork: v6.0.1.1 touch
current rom: CM10.1 KonstaT

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

any possible fix?

Flash the old RIL, thats all you can really do :(

g300-u8815-user

g300-u8815-user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:u8815
tnx for the help ,was a bit in hurry for posting about the recovery option missing,and sorted it on my own,but tnx for the help,and fast reply/s

g300-u8815-user

g300-u8815-user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:u8815
tnx for help,found the solution on my own,soory if this message will show up as a new topic or post,as im trying to reply to ones who actually helped with the answer to my previous post,battery definatelly an improvement with electra v3

I can't help with the first issue, BUT exactly what procedure are you using to try to get into Recovery mode? I have NEVER had this problem, and have used several different ROMs on more than one phone -- IF you're patient, and it's been installed correctly -- you do know it's a matter of holding down, at the same time, BOTH the power button AND the Volume UP button, for about 15-25 seconds (sometimes less) ?? I made the mistake when first doing this of thinking it happened more quickly, but once you're used to it it doesn't seem that long after all. This latter problem you mention also has nothing sfaik to do with the ROM itself.

Did you check developer options/advanced reboot/show always and there is maybe one more place. I'm not on this rom soo can't check.

That certainly provides the option of "When unlocked, include options in the power menu for rebooting normally or into recovery" though I've never used that myself, always going back to the "manual", standard, method -- there are SO MANY features in this ROM :-) safe to say I've left mine unchecked and never had any difficulty using the "standard" method that is, presuming you know about how to enable the developer options (via About Phone/build number -- tap 7 times -- it's an Android 4 "thing" to hide it) though it doesn't address the issue about settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me" -- I've never had that problem so can't speak from experience -- and would prefer to leave "developer options" for developers. but, being foolish, I tested it and it does cause Settings to stop -- message comes up "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. OK" but tapping OK, returns phone to working state, for me, without any further problems. I Do know there was something about Security setting crashing on a previous version of the kernel 3.0.7 -- so it's probably, again, not a ROM issue. Then again, this overall issue, of limiting SMS messages, has a bit of a thorny historical past -- if you're curious, then that's what Google searches are for -- but see here for some "ancient history" http://code.google.c...detail?id=36617

Settings/about Press the build number repeatedly until you become a 'developer' Developer options should now be available in the settings Now go to developer options and tick the 'reboot into recovery' option. That should be it, now you can hold the power button, press reboot, and pick what type of reboot you want to perform.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
Hmm, i'm not sure how i'm gonna update Electra now that we have nightlies :unsure:

This means, I probably will update Electra eventually if a noticeably good nightly appears, but until then I will not be updating Electra's base. New features and fixes are still encouraged though :)

Maybe I should start updating Lightning ROM in the meantime, people do want the update, but i'm not so fond of B9xx in general so it would be wasted on me :ph34r:

Edited by kyan31, 21 May 2013 - 10:47 PM.

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
some really positive comments are being made in response to the changes in the CM10.1 ROM introduced in the Nightly Builds -- should we be expecting those changes to be introduced in Electra, in light of the comments above by kOva and Loki86 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users