[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest Sougaijam Kenedy

Experiencing lots of reboots lately. Can't find g+ on play store. Managed to restore through titanium back up but couldn't update any stream.

I would like to recommend bringing file manager to main apk drawer, it's pain in the ass to go to Electra setting every time I had to find some file

Although it's better than any other cm10.1 based ROM. Keep up the good work mate

Guest SyrupDErable

Is it possible to make FM radio working on this rom?

Suggest you search for this in previous posts -- try Spirit FM Unlocked (the "commercial" version costs money in the Play Store, but it's well worth it imho) and the dev of that app has made a "special case:" of supporting the G300 as he'd prefer to support only a limited range of phones, understandably -- I think it's his only app and he's not a "commercial" developer making a living from the app

Guest SyrupDErable

I don't blame him either, i think he's done a great job... but to be honest i'm getting really tired of fiddling with ROMs, i've been through a few and can't seem to find one that works 100%

I'd really like the ROM to work fine, it's almost perfect, but for me the problem isn't just the reboots, i've had several issues on CM10.1, mainly:

- Sound too loud on conversations

- When placing a call no call is made/ no tone / call screen but nothing happens

- Despite having cell reception people calling me received "phone off" voice message

- Following unplanned reboots phone behaves erraticaly, can't receive sms

And Kyan, sorry about the rant, I know it isn't any of your fault, keep up the good work

I'm surprised by what people seem to want "for free"

Spirit FM -- what's not to like -- it's a far more capable app than Huawei FM

re-boots -- were a problem for me, too, for a few days,and then seem to have settled down all by themselves -- without any further modifications and as people have said (or was it on the CM10.1 thread -- this isn't a ROM problem, probably something else

phone calls /SMS -- this MIGHT, just might, be a carrier problem -- locally, I've had no problems at all with this

overall, a VERY good ROM, thanks

Guest kyan31

I would like to recommend bringing file manager to main apk drawer, it's pain in the ass to go to Electra setting every time I had to find some file

Always check the addons before commenting, there is actually a zip to re add the app to the drawer :P

Guest kyan31

I'm surprised by what people seem to want "for free"

Spirit FM -- what's not to like -- it's a far more capable app than Huawei FM

re-boots -- were a problem for me, too, for a few days,and then seem to have settled down all by themselves -- without any further modifications and as people have said (or was it on the CM10.1 thread -- this isn't a ROM problem, probably something else

phone calls /SMS -- this MIGHT, just might, be a carrier problem -- locally, I've had no problems at all with this

overall, a VERY good ROM, thanks

Your welcome :)

Guest kyan31
Just wanted know if there

Is gonna be next ROM update??? Btw this is a great rom

Does it need an update? What features could I add?

Guest nsmacd1

Any ideas for new features guys? :P

1) Xperia Launcher & widgets (Walkman, Sony Car, Weather etc)? - Smooth launcher with many features. I have had installed since it first appeared with no problems at all and in my opinion is the best launcher i have used on G300.

(From Redflakes thread - http://www.modaco.co...er-and-widgets/)

2) ES File manager installed by default, as the inbuilt CM File manager is not as good!

3) Greenify added by default, as it helps keep my phone lag free?

4) Some way of changing the Splash screen (If possible, as I have tried many ways without success!)

5) Link2Int installed as part of the ROM? (Handy to move apps from internal memory)

Can't think of much else as the ROM is working perfectly for me, so I am just clutching at straws really! :)

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest george109

Can you change the GPS icon too, as this is slightly confusing! :P. Also, I solved this problem myself but when i flashed V3 without wipes everything worked except the Coverflow Themes, which just FCd when I opened it. I just swapped thememanager.apk and themechooser.apk from system/app with the ones from V1, and flashed as normal. Thanks for the great ROM, everything is perfect :)

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

1) Xperia Launcher & widgets (Walkman, Sony Car, Weather etc)? - Smooth launcher with many features. I have had installed since it first appeared with no problems at all and in my opinion is the best launcher i have used on G300.

2) ES File manager installed by default, as the inbuilt CM File manager is not as good!

4) Some way of changing the Splash screen (If possible, as I have tried many ways without success!)

5) Link2Int installed as part of the ROM? (Handy to move apps from internal memory)

Can't think of much else as the ROM is working perfectly for me, so I am just clutching at straws really! :)

I don't really want to add 3rd party apps to Electra as it is a little unpolished and unnecessary, I'm sure you could easily download the apps manually. I might actually have Link2sd inbuilt though, with Cyda's consent of course.

Guest tillaz

Also, I solved this problem myself but when i flashed V3 without wipes everything worked except the Coverflow Themes, which just FCd when I opened it. I just swapped thememanager.apk and themechooser.apk from system/app with the ones from V1, and flashed as normal. Thanks for the great ROM, everything is perfect smile.png

the problem is because of not doing a full wipe, the whole ROM needed resigned to add it, so without a full wipe the Coverflow theme chooser will never work.

Guest SyrupDErable

well, this is not a "new feature", and don't even know if it's possible on the G300. but a better way of handling the "camera bug"?

Upgrading the resolution of the camera -- better than it is with the patch of May 2?

There's been some mention of "graphic library crashes" -- could these be fixed too --

trying to run Iron Man 3 -- it seems to crash after a few seconds, but it's "supported" / allowed to be downloaded from the Play Store.

Are these related issues?

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest kyan31

Ota update not working keeps saying md5 error.I can't download updates

The OTA updater is very temperamental, it works for some, not for others. There isn't really much I can do about it to be honest. I suspect that it is due to Solidfiles, but I could be wrong.

Guest nobody008

+1 for Link2Int

Guest g300-u8815-user

using u8815 ,settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me,as well as can not find a way to get the boot into recovery to show up when the power button is held

Guest SyrupDErable

using u8815 ,settings/security/sms message limit-if clicked -force closes for me,as well as can not find a way to get the boot into recovery to show up when the power button is held

I can't help with the first issue, BUT exactly what procedure are you using to try to get into Recovery mode?

I have NEVER had this problem, and have used several different ROMs on more than one phone

-- IF you're patient, and it's been installed correctly -- you do know it's a matter of holding down, at the same time, BOTH the power button AND the Volume UP button, for about 15-25 seconds (sometimes less) ??

I made the mistake when first doing this of thinking it happened more quickly, but once you're used to it it doesn't seem that long after all.

This latter problem you mention also has nothing sfaik to do with the ROM itself.

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest SyrupDErable

I love the rom being so slick

But the battery is bad

you got to fix it!

Bad? compared to what? and what are you basing this on -- are you using apps to track your battery use -- have you seen how to do this using apps -- check this out:

Suleiman's article on

Ultimate guide on Android Battery Saving Methods

http://blog.al-aqel....battery-saving/

attempt have been made to provide alternatives of the ROM, see the first page of this topic, but it depends on HOW YOU use it

JB is an inherently battery hungry OS

I get excellent battery life from a smaller phone, not doing as much, but its performance is that of a flea-bitten m&($)# dog!

what do you want

I get better performance from a Samsung GS III but I paid three times the price of the G300, and I don't get three times the battery life.

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest BadMan PimpY

I love the rom being so slick

But the battery is bad

you got to fix it!

The battery is fine........read the thread before you make dumb ass comments

"you got to fix it!"........you should add a please to that statement........learn some manners...smh!!!