If your Rooted your Phone, What Have you done After it?

Guest markhuges

Guest markhuges

So, yeah If You have rooted your phone, What have you done after it? I just rooted my phone :) :D and curious to know what else i can do.

I thought that, This App, would be quite good to help save the power button.

Quick Boot : Lets you power off your phone. But it doesn't seem to work with my OSD? Has anyone else tried this?

https://play.google....XVpY2tib290Il0.

Also I have another question, To those people who have removed the stuff like : XOLO Care, Social Gallery, I want to Fully get Rid of this, whats the simplest and easiest way? I found this: Root App Delete (Uninstaller) Is the best way to remove bloat ware via this App?

https://play.google....nVuaW5zdGFsbCJd

Thank You very much! :D

Edited by markhuges

No that reboot app does not work on osd, I have pro version which makes no difference but there are others that work, and I use titanium backup or rom toolbox for uninstalling of apps.

The reboot function of rom toolbox works fine but I use this for reboot menu: https://play.google....WlubGVzcy5wYyJd

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

I use Rom Toolbox Pro myself which allows for rebooting(you can set up a shortcut on your home screen) and deletion of apps. It has a multitude of other options such as themes which don't apply to us but overall it keeps everything in one place.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I use a reboot app too (can't recall which one). I also use 'Ad Free Android' but am not convinced it works as well as it did on my San Francisco.

Guest markhuges

No that reboot app does not work on osd, I have pro version which makes no difference but there are others that work, and I use titanium backup or rom toolbox for uninstalling of apps.

The reboot function of rom toolbox works fine but I use this for reboot menu: https://play.google....WlubGVzcy5wYyJd

Thanks for clearing that! :) kk, i thought i was doing something wrong, Okay.

I use Rom Toolbox Pro myself which allows for rebooting(you can set up a shortcut on your home screen) and deletion of apps. It has a multitude of other options such as themes which don't apply to us but overall it keeps everything in one place.

Okay, Thank You very much for that!

I am going to remove these via Rom Tool Box and will make a back up first : Safe or not:

Social Gallery

XOLO CARE,

XOLO Device Sales

Translate

Talk

Quick office

Movie Studio

News and weather

Kepplr ?

Double Twist

Google + ( I dont use this, but is it safe, e.g does it conflict with other products? ) thanks

Edited by markhuges

Guest markhuges

They are all safe to remove although xolo care may come back for some reason

Hello, I have created a back up of all of them and removed them but when i go to Settings > apps > All > Scrool right to the bottom there are all there but are blacked out if you know what i mean, shall i take a picture to show you?

Is that normal? or did i do something wrong?

Thank You

post-990622-0-03825500-1365677857_thumb.

Edited by markhuges

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am going to remove these via Rom Tool Box and will make a back up first : Safe or not:

Social Gallery

XOLO CARE,

XOLO Device Sales

Translate

Talk

Quick office

Movie Studio

News and weather

Kepplr ?

Double Twist

Google + ( I dont use this, but is it safe, e.g does it conflict with other products? ) thanks

I can confirm the ones in cyan, the ones in red I've not personally tried.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hello, I have created a back up of all of them and removed them but when i go to Settings > apps > All > Scrool right to the bottom there are all there but are blacked out if you know what i mean, shall i take a picture to show you?

Is that normal? or did i do something wrong?

Thank You

They're just disabled not deleted, what did you use to delete them? You'll probably find Social Gallery still using battery despite being disabled, you do have to give it credit for persistence.

Guest markhuges

They're just disabled not deleted, what did you use to delete them? You'll probably find Social Gallery still using battery despite being disabled, you do have to give it credit for persistence.

Wow just playing around with new stuff :) Sure is fun! I managed to get Rid of that Sound "Click" on Camera , i renamed the audio file and it works :)

Also, No, I had them disabled before, and then i Killed and Removed them fully via Rom tool kit, then from that picture they were still there, but i rebooted my phone and now there gone :) forever !!! :D :) :D :)

Edited by markhuges

Guest scuzzbucket

SystemCleanup is very handy little app for deleting, freezing, backing up, cache cleaning and more. It also tells which apps are safe to remove and which not to. Been using it for a couple of years at least across several different phones - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SystemCleanup.Inteks.org&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5TeXN0ZW1DbGVhbnVwLkludGVrcy5vcmciXQ..

Guest BlueMoonRising

SystemCleanup is very handy little app for deleting, freezing, backing up, cache cleaning and more. It also tells which apps are safe to remove and which not to. Been using it for a couple of years at least across several different phones - https://play.google....GVrcy5vcmciXQ..

Looks interesting, I'll have a look at that, cheers.