[ROMs] Chinese Cuisine - ROMs from far far away - Daily News

Guest dakok

Guest stevan930

Lewa looks very,very nice but the main function of the phone is not working i cant recive incoming calls....And there some chinese apps that using a lot of memory.Maybe someone who know can fix this.Thanks.

Lewa looks very,very nice but the main function of the phone is not working i cant recive incoming calls....And there some chinese apps that using a lot of memory.Maybe someone who know can fix this.Thanks.

Don`t flash those roms immediately if you are not sure what youre doing.

As first, check chinese rom topics on modaco (Miui, Baidu, Shendu, EMUI, X-UI, LewaOS, JoyOS, MokeeOS...)

for some specific stuff regarding CWM, updater-script and removing chinese apks.

CWM: Sometimes, flashing a chinese rom could bring you a chinese cwm. Delete lines with the word: recovery in updater-script, delete Recovery folder or recovery.img file

Chinese apks: Delete apks (mostly in system/apps folder) with chinese names (hint: ApkSpy) prior to flashing or later, with a root explorer

updater-script: If there are U8818 words, delete those lines at the begining of the script (if there are U8815 words, too - don`t delete lines) in META-INF/com/google/android

hosts file: it is at /etc/hosts Open it and and delete all the lines except localhost 127.0.0.1 (at the beginning): This is mostly for GB&CM7 roms

User interface: All chinese roms have at least english language in settings. It is not hard to find it, but if you fail - do this before flashing:

build.prop: Replace zh to en; CN to US in:

ro.product.locale.language=zh

ro.product.locale.region=CN 

Use 7zip for rom file and notepad++ for editing files

This is just a general guidance. Please check Baidu topics on forum for more detailed explanations

Have you tried these?
Edited by smweb

Guest ludilo66

Can you upload this ROM somewhere else?

I want to try Lewa OS5... After instalation the phone remains in loop BOOT :(

Same to me, just do wipe data/factory reset again in recovery. Remove batery enter in recovery in boot loop.

Guest stevan930

Don`t flash those roms immediately if you are not sure what youre doing.

As first, check chinese rom topics on modaco (Miui, Baidu, Shendu, EMUI, X-UI, LewaOS, JoyOS, MokeeOS...)

for some specific stuff regarding CWM, updater-script and removing chinese apks.

CWM: Sometimes, flashing a chinese rom could bring you a chinese cwm. Delete lines with the word: recovery in updater-script, delete Recovery folder or recovery.img file

Chinese apks: Delete apks (mostly in system/apps folder) with chinese names (hint: ApkSpy) prior to flashing or later, with a root explorer

updater-script: If there are U8818 words, delete those lines at the begining of the script (if there are U8815 words, too - don`t delete lines) in META-INF/com/google/android

hosts file: it is at /etc/hosts Open it and and delete all the lines except localhost 127.0.0.1 (at the beginning): This is mostly for GB&CM7 roms

User interface: All chinese roms have at least english language in settings. It is not hard to find it, but if you fail - do this before flashing:

build.prop: Replace zh to en; CN to US in:

ro.product.locale.language=zh

ro.product.locale.region=CN 

Use 7zip for rom file and notepad++ for editing files

This is just a general guidance. Please check Baidu topics on forum for more detailed explanations

Have you tried these?

I tried this i delete chinise aps,,but still the phone doesent showing incoming calls...each time show that android proces stoped...

Edited by stevan930

Guest stevan930

DID YOU TRY WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET AGAIN?

I wiill try now and it showing 

Unfortunately the process android.proces.acore has stoped..

Always my phone start to ring and this happend and it is inposible to receive call

Edited by stevan930

Guest stevan930

I wiill try now it showing 

Unfortunately the process android.proces.acore has stoped..

Always my phone start to ring this show and it is inposible to receive call

I tried and i have the same problem.

Guest Tentmaster

Lots of Information and Roms available at en.miui.com.

No need to enter www in the url address.

The only disadvantage I find is that the download links are horribly slow.

Edited by Tentmaster

Hey guys!

For flashing problems you should try this:

Sometimes it would be good to delete

.android_secure

Android
LOSTDIR

from (external) SD card before flashing rom 

Generally when flashing any ROM I format the SD card. 

I backup the contents if necessary (e.g. to restore along with a nandroid backup when the backed up configuration has stuff on the sdcard not backed up by CWM/TWRP (?)).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Or follow this topic`s first post :)

Tentmaster, I tried Miui v5 six moths ago (before I sold g300) and it was 

pretty slow and laggy.

Is it any better now?

Guest Tentmaster

pretty slow and laggy.

Is it any better now?

Well, I never had that problem. Just as good as any of the myriad of ics , gb & jb roms around. Very solid. No freezing or f/cs. And wfi was excellent.

Guest paddyponchero

Well, I never had that problem. Just as good as any of the myriad of ics , gb & jb roms around. Very solid. No freezing or f/cs. And wfi was excellent.

You're very lucky then, I've never had any android device or rom that didn't have freezing and f/cs on a regular basis and there 8 android devices in our house. I installed the latest miui from the link above and it was very laggy

pretty slow and laggy.

Is it any better now?

I installed the latest on full wipe with proper unlocked bootload and it was very laggy with lots of fcs during the few hours I had it on I wouldn't bother. With dazzozo gone from kitkat I think back to baidu stable is the way to go. Latest baidu was a total mess.

Edited by paddyponchero

Guest Tentmaster

You're very lucky then, I've never had any android device or rom that didn't have freezing and f/cs on a regular basis and there 8 android devices in our house. I installed the latest miui from the link above and it was very laggy

I installed the latest on full wipe with proper unlocked bootload and it was very laggy with lots of fcs during the few hours I had it on I wouldn't bother. With dazzozo gone from kitkat I think back to baidu stable is the way to go. Latest baidu was a total mess.

Funny, that as its the Baidu roms I have/had problems. The early Baidu roms had an issue with sim lock. The latest one that I downloaded from the links provided by Remond caused umpteen f/c's. Was not happy with it at all. If Kitkat had wifi, it would be my rom of choice.

Edited by Tentmaster

• 4 months later...
Guest Tentmaster

Can I install Google Play to this rom?

(Excuse my poor language skills)

Yes. There is a thread on en.miui.com that shows how to do it painlessly.