G300 Crashes stuck on CWM screen

Guest George333

Guest George333

Last night my G300 running the vodafone ICS official update (I upgraded it from gingerbread sometime ago) crashed, appas stopped working, then screen blacked out unresponsive (Im guessing powered off) then I took the battery out after trying to turn it back on, eventually it came back on, got stuck on the Huawei logo for a while and then displayed CWM-based recovery v6.0.1.2 screen (picture attached) with this text at the bottom:

CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.2

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Help would be much appreciated!!?!? I live in the UK and bought the phone from the vodafone website and it is unlocked, it is less than 2 years old I still have the warranty card but am not sure how to get huawei to repair it if needed, or if there is a more simple solution?

Thanks very much!

George

20130413112337392.bmp

Guest George333

Just wondering did you have to wipe/restore the phone to factory settings before hand - will they mind that it has CWM recovery on it in the first place?!

Thank you!

Edited by George333

Guest george109

Do a force update with an update.app if you can, but they probably won't notice CWM. Also do a factory reset and take out your SD card too before you send it.

Edited by george109

Guest smweb

Just wondering did you have to wipe/restore the phone to factory settings before hand - will they mind that it has CWM recovery on it in the first place?!

Thank you!

Absolutely nothing worked for me, so have sent the rooted + bricked device as it is to the service center guys. Counting on Huawei now.

Thanks, will try that today, does anyone have the UK Huawei address to send it to, or shall I just ring the support hotline first?

Give them a call and ask for the A.S.S information.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201107199604/FAQ_ServiceHotline_en/index.html

Edited by smweb