[RIL] Possible network fix for CM10.1

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

I swapped the RIL from CM10.1 R2 to CM10.1 R3, and hopefully this could fix the network issues (network drop out etc.) Theres no actual evidence that this would work, but from actual use, it does seem to be working well so far.

Anyway, here's the new RIL:

DOWNLOAD

And heres the original RIL if you want to go back to normal

DOWNLOAD

This is only for CM10.1 R3, and ROMs based on CM10.1 R3 like Electra. Do not flash this on Stock ROMs etc. I also believe you need to be on the 2030 baseband, otherwise you will lose your network. You can still try it on the 109808 baseband, just make a backup.

+1 this post if the RIL actually worked, thanks :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest Owl93

Electra comes with this pre installed? I had network problems with CM10.1 (signal drops, messages not received and calls missed) and I had none with Electra so far.

Btw great rom, so far I only have good things to say about it, thnak you so much.

Guest kyan31

Electra comes with this pre installed? I had network problems with CM10.1 (signal drops, messages not received and calls missed) and I had none with Electra so far.

Btw great rom, so far I only have good things to say about it, thnak you so much.

It's not preinstalled in Electra, so flash this if you want.

Guest Owl93

I'm installing and testing since yesterday I had problems (full signal but couldn't receive or make calls and send/receive sms/mms).

I'll report back after a few days.

Guest kyan31

HSDPA is faster than 3g. You want the H, not the 3g by your network icon! That said, stability and 3g trumps instability and HSDPA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Speed_Downlink_Packet_Access = 3.5G ;)

Oh right :P

Well it only flickers sometimes, so it should be fine. I think this new RIL actually slows the internet down, but the network loss seem to be gone so that balances it out. I personally prefer faster internet, so I'll be sticking to the old RIL.

Guest Higgy69

Nice one kyan31, I installed this morning and have been out walking with GPS on and now got home and put Wi-Fi on. All seems to be working well.

Guest kyan31

Nice one kyan31, I installed this morning and have been out walking with GPS on and now got home and put Wi-Fi on. All seems to be working well.

Great, i'm surprised it works :P

Guest kyan31
And with the included RIL again we lost the signal does not help that this is none of this CM10. 1 R3.

So does it make it or not does it?

Guest irishpancake
I swapped the RIL from CM10.1 R2 to CM10.1 R3, and hopefully this could fix the network issues (network drop out etc.) Theres no actual evidence that this would work, but from actual use, it does seem to be working well so far. I even get 3G unlike before, where I would only be getting HSDPA :)

Anyway, here's the new RIL:

DOWNLOAD

And heres the original RIL if you want to go back to normal

DOWNLOAD

This is only for CM10.1 R3, and ROMs based on CM10.1 R3 like Electra. Do not flash this on Stock ROMs etc. I also believe you need to be on the 2030 baseband, otherwise you will lose your network. You can still try it on the 109808 baseband, just make a backup.

+1 this post if the RIL actually worked, thanks :)

When you say no actual evidence that it works ....

then you say from actual use it seems to be working....

is that not actual evidence?

clarify???

Guest kieranswhite

The Ril in r3 is based off the 10908 baseband wheras the one in r2 is based off the 2030 baseband. Not everyone suffers signal dropouts (it only affects some people)

Guest Gabriel94

Why would it? It's a RIL :P

I have no idea what a RIL is, sorry, only thing I can do is flash ROMs and change some basic root stuff. :P

Anyway I had Daz's CM10.1 R3 but it didn't have Volume Rocker Wake after I installed this RIL but on Electra it has Volume Rocker Wake, so the RIL doesn't mess with it, Daz's CM10.1 doesn't have Volume Rocker Wake, that's all.

Guest Fikret488

This is RIL fix for the network because the CM10. 1 R3 loses network and therefore made the Ril to solve the problem with the loss of network. I did not help, maybe someone is.