Yup, I ordered one!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KenBW2

Woot, hopefully now we can remove my only reason for holding out: after 2 1/2 years of my Blade I know what a difference a dev community makes :D

Guest andy/newbie

512 mg ram has never been a prob for me on my g300 ,dual core will take it to a different leval ,and dev serport ,well I'll be getting one now

Guest Sebastian404

A lot of the ground work has already been done, it was released in Spain as the Orange Daytona, not sure why Orange did'nt put it out else where tho.

There are already some custom roms for the Daytona, that in theory should work with the UK model (in theory!)

Guest Voxpop2011

Picked mine up this morning and left it on charge whilst I went out and about in the lovely sunshine. I have to tweak the settings and give my screens the same app layouts as I had with the Skate/OMC. Will report back when playtime is over. :D

Guest Voxpop2011

Well, it's taken me a few days to get the phone looking more or less how I want it. I had to find replacements for some of my essential apps and am happy enough with these.

The first thing to say that it's miles better than my Skate/OMC in that the touch screen is very responsive and scrolling is so smooth. I can live with the keyboard that came with the device, but really hate the call answer function and would like to replace it with something else, but so far nothing from the Play store works. The Skate/OMC also had a 5mp camera and these are fine for 'snaps', but I need to find out how to switch off the flash on the Huawei as it looks rather stupid to have the thing going off outdoors.

After a lot of messing about, I managed to set up my POP email account and am pleased to say that you can elect push for messages just as with Microsoft exchange and Gmail.

I have installed a launcher, although I find Go increasingly intrusive with its tendancy to 'piggy back' other packages with the download of the app, and replaced the browser with Dolphin mini. So until somebody finds a 'rock solid' root and I can tinker under the bonnet, these tweaks will do for now.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest KenBW2

I need to find out how to switch off the flash on the Huawei as it looks rather stupid to have the thing going off outdoors.

There's a button at the top of the screen for en/disabling the flash

Guest andy/newbie

just got confermation from me misses she will by me the g510 on the 20th may,selling my g300 to a m8 for 30 pound,ill be said to see her go,ut its all about more horsepower

Guest Andymac1969

just got confermation from me misses she will by me the g510 on the 20th may,selling my g300 to a m8 for 30 pound,ill be said to see her go,ut its all about more horsepower

I just sold my G300 on EBay for £76 posting it tomorrow

Guest dcghoul

Woot, hopefully now we can remove my only reason for holding out: after 2 1/2 years of my Blade I know what a difference a dev community makes :D

Had my Blade 2 1/2 years and looking at this phone as a replacement too. Do you think you made the right decision?

Guest KenBW2

Had my Blade 2 1/2 years and looking at this phone as a replacement too. Do you think you made the right decision?

Depends on your budget. For £130 you're not gonna beat this phone. The speed blew me away, the camera is now useful(!) and the bettery life is better. Coming with Android 4.1 is a great starting point (as was 2.1 for our Blades). If you accept the 512MB of RAM and the limitations that provides (I look forward to zRAM and/or Swap to mitigate this one, and then it'll be great) then yes, I absolutely believe this to be the right decision.

The only unknown at this point, as you'll know from the Blade, is how much of a development community we gather. The demand for it, and the means to get there seem to be here, once Huawei get their arses in gear.

Edited by KenBW2

Guest dcghoul

Thanks KenBW2, been looking for a Blade replacement (under £150) since Christmas but it's proved a tough act to follow. Had previously ruled the G510 out because of the 512MB RAM but having read through the associated threads on this forum now think it an acceptable compromise.