Ask MoDaCo: Huawei Ascend G510

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Voxpop2011

That's ex VAT price £108.34 plus VAT = £130

Well the price has gone up to £150. I dropped into the Vodafone stand at Victoria Station this morning where they had stocks of the phone and the price at the till was not £130. I said it was £130 on the website, but the salesman - without checking - said that was a 'release' price. I declined.

Guest hecatae

@flibblesan & @Sebastian404 Bit weird - I get what you're saying about the dual sim model probably being a Chinese release with an mtk chipset but if you check the links I posted above they both claim to be selling the dual sim version with msm8225 processors (snapdragon s4 play) - neither ad makes reference to the g510d. Maybe both have got their ads wrong, but that seems a bit of an odd coincidence.

msm8225 supports dual sim, so does msm7225a

Guest Sebastian404

@flibblesan & @Sebastian404 Bit weird - I get what you're saying about the dual sim model probably being a Chinese release with an mtk chipset but if you check the links I posted above they both claim to be selling the dual sim version with msm8225 processors (snapdragon s4 play) - neither ad makes reference to the g510d. Maybe both have got their ads wrong, but that seems a bit of an odd coincidence.

From the Chinese firmware I found :

ro.product.model=HUAWEI G510-0010
ro.product.brand=Huawei
ro.product.name=G510-0010
ro.product.device=hwG510-0010
ro.product.board=U8951D
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HUAWEI
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.board.platform=msm7627a[/CODE]

Guest The Soup Thief

From the Chinese firmware I found :

ro.product.model=HUAWEI G510-0010

ro.product.brand=Huawei

ro.product.name=G510-0010

ro.product.device=hwG510-0010

ro.product.board=U8951D

ro.board.platform=msm7627a

Crikey! That's a pretty cunning way of checking! So that's a Snapdragon s1?

’Curiouser and curiouser!’ Cried Alice...

Guest Sebastian404

Crikey! That's a pretty cunning way of checking! So that's a Snapdragon s1?

’Curiouser and curiouser!’ Cried Alice...

And this is from my Vodafone branded UK model:

ro.product.model=HUAWEI G510-0100
ro.product.brand=Huawei
ro.product.name=G510-0100
ro.product.device=hwG510-0100
ro.product.board=U8951N-1
ro.board.platform=msm7627a
[/CODE]

slightly different board name....

Guest kevin_23

Good paul obrien, I wanted to ask you a question, I am a fan of yours for your roms Mobile and wanted to know if for Huawei G510 MoDaCo rom will have some available in the future? for the version of qualcomm? a hug

Guest Simon O

Don't pay attention to the board platform. The CPU is definitely a dual-core MSM8225.

The key information is

U8915N = UK G510

U8915D = China Dual-SIM G510 (Snapdragon)

I'm starting to think that there isn't a Mediatek version out there. It was reported back in January but it's possible that this was either a mistake or Huawei changed to Snapdragon.

So the development of the spanish g510 will not be compatible with the UK one and vice versa?

Too early to know for sure but it's likely to be compatible.

Guest KenBW2
Well the price has gone up to £150. I dropped into the Vodafone stand at Victoria Station this morning where they had stocks of the phone and the price at the till was not £130. I said it was £130 on the website, but the salesman - without checking - said that was a 'release' price. I declined.

Confirmed at £150 + £10 topup in the Bradford store too. I made a hasty purchase on the website for £130 + £0 topup.

They did this with the G300 IIRC so might be time to buy now

Guest mnupea

Does the 512mb ram actually affect the phones performance when used normally? Do you notice any stutter or lag?

Oh, and how much ram is actually available, because huawei botched the ICS build for the G300, it only had around 100mb ram free even on the first boot :P

Thanks in advance :)

The only explanation is that huawei doesn't make good optimisations. U can't compare de G300 wiz the G510. I've tried both and G510 have more or less 130MB of free RAM

Guest kyan31

No official Jellybean though!

Some unofficial ROMs end up being miles ahead than the official manufactured ROM, so this doesn't really matter to be honest :P

Guest Voxpop2011

... I made a hasty purchase on the website for £130 + £0 topup.

Please let us know your impressions. Today the price is £180 on Vodafone's website, but I did find it for £155 in a store. Won't buy, if at all, until I have got rid of my second OMC.

Guest Andymac1969

Please let us know your impressions. Today the price is £180 on Vodafone's website, but I did find it for £155 in a store. Won't buy, if at all, until I have got rid of my second OMC.

Where the hell are you looking????? It has been £130 on the Vodafone UK website since Monday :wacko:

post-407498-0-30573900-1366305748_thumb.

Guest Andymac1969

Just spoke to Vodafone and this DOES NOT have Gorilla Glass or a scratch resistant display, well that's what they say, so maybe it does lol

Update

Just like I thought, they know nothing useless idiots, off the Huawei website "Big 4.5" screen, slim design and protected by tough Gorilla Glass."

No wonder I call them "VODACRAP"

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Voxpop2011

Where the hell are you looking????? It has been £130 on the Vodafone UK website since Monday :wacko:

It's my crap eyesight. Sometimes 3s look like 8s.

@Andymac, none of the staff in any of the mobile phone shops knows diddly squat. New stock comes in and just gets locked into a cupboard. You really have to prompt staff to check.

Guest Andymac1969

It's my crap eyesight. Sometimes 3s look like 8s.

@Andymac, none of the staff in any of the mobile phone shops knows diddly squat. New stock comes in and just gets locked into a cupboard. You really have to prompt staff to check.

No problem, i'll troop into the local shop tomorrow and see what they say, Vodafone do not inspire me with confidence :unsure:

Guest PaulOBrien

Good paul obrien, I wanted to ask you a question, I am a fan of yours for your roms Mobile and wanted to know if for Huawei G510 MoDaCo rom will have some available in the future? for the version of qualcomm? a hug

Not planned at this stage!

Strange, at least it's still £130 on the website!

P

Guest Simon O

Custom ROMs.. well I know Sebastian404 bought one so he may knock out a custom recovery for the device (hint hint). Maybe a debranded ROM to get the ball rolling.

And I'm tempted to get one myself. Not promising anything though ;)

Guest KenBW2

Custom ROMs.. well I know Sebastian404 bought one so he may knock out a custom recovery for the device (hint hint). Maybe a debranded ROM to get the ball rolling.

And I'm tempted to get one myself. Not promising anything though ;)

That would be golden. I've played with my newly arrived one and I'm finding myself fighting through Huawei's, and then Vodafone's crapware. I just want AOSP :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.