Photo

Source of Cloudmobile JB Kernel available! :-)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 Cloudmobile
Downloadable from acer site ( http://www.acer.nl/a...content/drivers ), you will find a zip containing opensrc_Acer_AV051_S500_RV04RC09_WW_GEN1-20130322.tar.gz. Let the work on custom ROM begin ;-)

wimmme

wimmme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:LG G2/Nexus7/AcerS500/iPad3
  • Twitter:@wimmme
Yeehaa !!! Now hopefully some DEV I would already like to thank in advance can do some magic with it :-)

gkai

gkai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500 Cloudmobile

Yeehaa !!! Now hopefully some DEV I would already like to thank in advance can do some magic with it :-)

I am almost sure work is already under way.... :D

Namuhk2k

Namuhk2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile S500
Epic! Now let's get MIUI on this bad boy!!! :-D

scarba

scarba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Downloadable from acer site ( http://www.acer.nl/a...content/drivers ), you will find a zip containing opensrc_Acer_AV051_S500_RV04RC09_WW_GEN1-20130322.tar.gz. Let the work on custom ROM begin ;-)

It seems that Acer forgot about emea_orgrod users and published only gen1 opensource :(

Namuhk2k

Namuhk2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile S500
Hmmm, it seems if you search the support website from Acer.ro, under the Documents tab you can find this: Kernel Source Code (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean).
Is that for EMEA_ORGROD devices? Can anyone check that? When I download the zip it just says "App. Guide_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip" in the filename...
I'll be sure to check what's inside that zip but download speed from acer is pretty bad so that should take about an hour.
I just hope it's not the same zip from NL because I think they have all the files on a global server...

EDIT: Yep, it's the same thing... No EMEA_ORGROD for us :-(

Edited by Namuhk2k, 23 May 2013 - 09:43 PM.

davidevinavil

davidevinavil

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

Hmmm, it seems if you search the support website from Acer.ro, under the Documents tab you can find this: Kernel Source Code (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean).
Is that for EMEA_ORGROD devices? Can anyone check that? When I download the zip it just says "App. Guide_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip" in the filename...
I'll be sure to check what's inside that zip but download speed from acer is pretty bad so that should take about an hour.
I just hope it's not the same zip from NL because I think they have all the files on a global server...

Kernel source ar all the same.. And get cyanogenmod or miui with 3.4.0 acer kernel it's really too hard. Need a lot of patch. I'm currently trying to build someting, but nothing
CM10 compiled, but has problem with display and seems require a lot of kernel mod..

If you like my work, offer me a beer

bonzi1994

bonzi1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Acer Cloudmobile

Kernel source ar all the same.. And get cyanogenmod or miui with 3.4.0 acer kernel it's really too hard. Need a lot of patch. I'm currently trying to build someting, but nothing
CM10 compiled, but has problem with display and seems require a lot of kernel mod..

it's possible to port miui using the stock rom as base?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users