Spanish forums

Guest strowger

Guest KenBW2

That looks incredibly handy, might save some effort with the bootloader etc.

Any confirmation that the ROMs are cross-compatible? I know there's different chips inside various of the G510s flying around

Guest Sebastian404

At last, my Spanish skillz will pay off...

Me gustaría comprar la pelota de playa inflable naranja y ese pequeño cubo y la pala!

I've dated two spanish speaking girls in a row and all I ever picked up was obscenities :)

Of course I have another problem, the bootloader unlocker program only works on windows..

Guest dam ZTE

Any confirmation that the ROMs are cross-compatible? I know there's different chips inside various of the G510s flying around

I´m not sure that you mean, but you can upgrade the firmware, but not downgrade it, with the official update.app firmware

And you must be carefull with the chinese firmware that begins for G510-0010.....Bxxx, the spanish firmware is G510-0200.....Bxxx, and it´s seems that the difference is the CPU (i´m not sure of that).

Here is a summary of forum´s advance: (thanks to megasamu)

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=592016

Edited by dam ZTE

Guest dam ZTE

If your device is G510-0200..................Bxxx, (like mine: G510-0200..........B172) is compatible. The ROMs are Huawei´s internatinal update.apps, and you can flash it with the device´s recovery (vol -, vol + and power). The last update is the B173 international, and you can´t leave it at moment. (You got a few of them: B176, B177 and B178)

If you preffer the custom ROMs, you can flash the Kra1o5´s recovery ( http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=591253 ) and you can use the 2 custom ROMs that they have in the forum, both in evolution. But at moment you can´t return to official ROMs (i think)

Edited by dam ZTE

Guest Sebastian404

If your device is G510-0200..................Bxxx, (like mine: G510-0200..........B172) is compatible. The ROMs are Huawei´s internatinal update.apps, and you can flash it with the device´s recovery (vol - and power). The last update is the B173 international, and you can´t leave it at moment. (You got a few of them: B176, B177 and B178)

Mine UK/Vodafone model is : G510-0100V100R001C02B171 so it seems to be slightly lagging, I did find the B173 firmware and was considering flashing it.. but thought I'd wait for my bootloader unlock before I mess with it.

Also , I noticed the newer firmwares you mention are for the G510-0200, rather than the G510-0100... you had any reports of problems?

Guest dam ZTE

The first firmwares that they found was the chinese ones, and the people i think that didn´t had any problem, just they don´t have the google apps, like market, and they can´t update to the international firmwares, is not bad for a different chipset (now they can put any firmware flashing oeminfo partition)

Other known problems, in any update, you lose some configuration, (the toggles i think is the name), but is easy to repair, just changing the cust folder, when you are root.

Guest dam ZTE

With Quadrant Standard, my system information is:

- OS version: 3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00173-g4071c6e

- Board: U8951-1

- CPU name: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

- Arquitecture: 7

- Hardware: MSM8x25 U8951 BOARD

Guest frazer_cooper

Had reply from Huawei service here's what they said:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about G510-0100 and G520-0200 was different models so that you can’t upgrade your device to G510-0200,Android 4.1,Emotion UI,V100R001C00B173,General Version on g510-0100 b171 uk version.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Guest KenBW2

Had reply from Huawei service here's what they said:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about G510-0100 and G520-0200 was different models so that you can’t upgrade your device to G510-0200,Android 4.1,Emotion UI,V100R001C00B173,General Version on g510-0100 b171 uk version.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Just because they don't officially encourage it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work.

That said, what's the situation with them having to release sources for the 0100 model?

Guest frazer_cooper

Ive sent them another message asking will there be any firmware release for the G510-0100 so hopefully we can upgrade officially.

Guest rosco-85

Ive sent them another message asking will there be any firmware release for the G510-0100 so hopefully we can upgrade officially.

The Spanish guy in this topic seems to thing you can flash G510-200 ROM's without any issue on the G510-100. He even said he had been flashing G510 ROM's on a Y300.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362179-g510-needs-same-attention-g300-had/page__hl__+g510#entry2117810

Edited by rosco-85

Guest dam ZTE

Anyway there are users who have used the 0200 China Update, 0010, and have had no more problems than not being able to use google apps and can upgrade back to international, both easily repairable. In fact, in this forum, there is a user who has upgraded from a Y300, and first we had for recoverys for G510 were for the Y300. I mean, I understand you have to be cautious, but for now the experience is that there are not many problems, and yes many compatibilities.

Without wishing to convince anyone, just to inform. A greeting.

(Late...)

Guest dam ZTE

Hmm well im going to wait untill i have root and a unlocked bootloader just to be safe before i do anything!!! :)

That´s the right way.

All that you need is to unlock the bootloader.

Edited by dam ZTE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon O

I tried to flash a G510-0200 update to my G510-0100. It doesn't work. Luckily it fails after it checks the update file and before it starts the update process so it'll be a simple case of detecting the model and refusing to update because it's not on the list.

Safest way would be to update using custom packaged roms. When available.