Unlock your bootloader

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Simon O

Hmm ok. I looked around the various Chinese forums and not found any bootloader unlock exploits yet. So looks like we need to wait for the person at Huawei to wake up and reply to the emails.

Guest KenBW2

Are people still waiting?

I got a reply saying the details submitted don't match. when I get a bit of time this weekend I plan to email them telling them the G510 isn't listed, and can they not use the IMEI and/or SN

Guest Andymac1969

I got a reply saying the details submitted don't match. when I get a bit of time this weekend I plan to email them telling them the G510 isn't listed, and can they not use the IMEI and/or SN

可能您邮件中发送的查询信息不正确,我们无法找到对应的解锁密码。

请确认后重新提交申请,我们将在三个工作日内将您的解锁密码发送到您的邮箱中。谢谢!

华为终端有限公司

Dear Customer,

Thank you for supporting Huawei device.

The information you submitted is as follow:

Mobile Model:HUAWEI U8950-1

MEID/IMEI:************

S/N:************

Mobile phone number:

Email:

Maybe you has submitted the wrong information that we can’t find the corresponding unlock code .

Please check your information and re-submit to apply unlock code, and we will send it to your Email address in 3 working days. Thank you!

Huawei Terminal Company limited

Guest Glicerck

Im spanish, i have an unlocked bootloader and a custom rom, you need to be patient with huawei, i spent almost two weeks. The best way i think is send an email to [email protected] , seem angry and dissatisfied and add a photo of the s/n and IMEI in the back of the phone and in the box.

PD: sorry for my english :P

PD2: you should say that your phone is huawei g510-0100

Edited by Glicerck

Guest Andymac1969

I thought the model number of the G510 was U8951? It's not even listed in their list of models... At least that's what it says on GSM Arena.

I'm just wondering if it's maybe a bit too new to be on their list yet?

http://www.gsmarena...._u8951-5250.php

I think it is the U8951, but as you said no option for it, if it speeded up the process a bit i'd call it the U36-24-36 (yes they are the other half's stats) Sadly only Joking :(

Guest Andymac1969

Im spanish, i have an unlocked bootloader and a custom rom, you need to be patient with huawei, i spent almost two weeks. The best way i think is send an email to [email protected] , seem angry and dissatisfied and add a photo of the s/n and IMEI in the back of the phone and in the box.

PD: sorry for my english :P

PD2: you should say that your phone is huawei g510-0100

Just tried that method and attached the picture of the relevant numbers off the box, see if that approach works ::

Dear Sirs,

Please can you send me the code to unlock the BOOTLOADER, the Ascend G510 is not listed on your unlock bootloader webpage.You have been able to give my friends the correct code.

Here are the required details--

Model: Ascend G510-0100

IMEI: 8680#########

S/N: T6N9MC##########

Baseband: I am on Jelly Bean official ROM (4.1.1)

Thank you.

Andrew

post-407498-0-98943400-1367138001_thumb.

Guest dam ZTE

Just tried that method and attached the picture of the relevant numbers off the box, see if that approach works ::

Dear Sirs,

Please can you send me the code to unlock the BOOTLOADER, the Ascend G510 is not listed on your unlock bootloader webpage.You have been able to give my friends the correct code.

Here are the required details--

Model: Ascend G510-0100

IMEI: 8680#########

S/N: T6N9MC##########

Baseband: I am on Jelly Bean official ROM (4.1.1)

Thank you.

Andrew

This worked for me. I think that is the correct way

Guest xondrax

Thats exactly what I have been done(without photo) and still waiting...

@ dam ZTE and Glicerck:so You dont used the huawei web to request for code and send them mail straight?I am just a curious who will be first getting code from Huawei...

Edited by xondrax

Guest rosco-85

I used the huawei page three times and they told me that i gave wrong information, when i sent a mail to [email protected] very angry and with pictures, in less than 24h i had the code.

I've just done the same as AndyMac. Hopefully it works!

Hi,

Could I please have the Bootloader unlock code for my handset?

The model I have is not listed on your official page.

My details are as follows:

Model: Huawei U8951N-1

IMEI: ***

S/N: ***

Product ID: ***

I have also attached an image displaying the same information.

Regards,

Ross

Edited by rosco-85

Guest Sebastian404

Yeah, I just came here to say I had the same email back from them overnight, I've done the same, sent back a response with a picture... lets see what happens

Guest xondrax

Answer to question about unlocking bootloader and warranty:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about that if you unlock the Bootloader that means that your device is out of warranty.

But if your has problems with your device , maybe you can try to send your device to local Huawei service center to fix with cost.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Still waiting for code...

Guest KenBW2

Dear Customer,

Sorry about that if you unlock the Bootloader that means that your device is out of warranty.

But if your has problems with your device , maybe you can try to send your device to local Huawei service center to fix with cost.

Best Regards.

I'd welcome the opportunity to invalidate my warranty!

Guest Andymac1969

Dear Customer,

Best Regards.

I just keep getting, 'you have submitted the wrong information etc etc etc'

Guest Combat Gerbil

I'd welcome the opportunity to invalidate my warranty!

Here in the UK the Sale of goods act out weighs any Company or sales Warranty anyway... and the contract of sale is with the retailer not the manufacturer unless purchased directly from them. So if the phone goes belly up, you take it up with the retailer ... not send it to Huawei as most retailers will tell you.. it is the retailers responsibility to chase up repairs or to replace/refund the customer as you bought the item from them. :-D

Guest Voxpop2011

Dear Customer,

Best Regards.

Well this is odd because for €20, Huawei says it will send you the GPL source code on a CD.

Guest KenBW2

Well this is odd because for €20, Huawei says it will send you the GPL source code on a CD.

Not sure why you think their obligation to provide the source code has anything to do with whether or not the warranty is valid if and when they allow you to unlock the bootloader