[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

Guest raverrr

Guest Andymac1969

Evening, still loving this ROM, I have two problems, Google Now says I need to enable location settings, even though they are all selected, and my No 1 app I use FC's when I open it, it has never done this before on any other ROM, I would suspect it is something to do with location/GPS settings as it is a location based Cardio trainer.

The Cardio Trainer opens, but as soon as you 'select' log workout and it trys to access location info it FC's

I enclose logcats for them both

logcat for Google Now.txt

logcat For Cardio Trainer FC.txt

post-407498-0-90963300-1366490163_thumb.

post-407498-0-97173300-1366490187_thumb.

post-407498-0-95863800-1366490205_thumb.

post-407498-0-78031100-1366490225_thumb.

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest raverrr

Evening, still loving this ROM, I have two problems, Google Now says I need to enable location settings, even though they are all selected, and my No 1 app I use FC's when I open it, it has never done this before on any other ROM, I would suspect it is something to do with location/GPS settings as it is a location based Cardio trainer.

I enclose logcats for them both

Bug report WIN. Thanks

Guest raverrr

Your welcome, I just hope they make sense to you, as they mean nothing to my poor brain :blink:

Lol yer :) will be fixed in next release buddy, hopefully. Doesn't look to sinister.

Guest Andymac1969

Deep sleeping fine for me. You must have a wake lock.

post-926286-13664025935822_thumb.jpg

Hi, if this helps, I have loaded exactly the same apps, and set the performance options the same but on Electra ROM, and as you can see it is deep sleeping without a problem :wacko:

post-407498-0-24041500-1366546112_thumb.

Guest raverrr

Hi, if this helps, I have loaded exactly the same apps, and set the performance options the same but on Electra ROM, and as you can see it is deep sleeping without a problem :wacko:

Ok . If you end up back on this rom at anytime and suffer the same problem. Get an app called wake lock detector and let me know what causes you the wakelock

Cheers

Guest djuroue

Great and fast rom. Issued a random reboot half an hour ago... While i was turning on mobile data from toggles... Nevermind that, this rom stays on my phone :)

Guest plewis1981

Been running this since yesterday and the only problem I have had that has not yet been posted is that TVchatchup app stops after the splash IMG.

I have attached a log from log cat I hope its helpful as this is the first log I have created and this app is the only way I get to watch the F1 in peace lol

2013-04-21-20-22-08.txt

Edited by plewis1981

Guest raverrr

Progress:

-Fairly confident locations provider is sorted for the next release. It was a missing setting...duh

-Tethering options should also be back (another missing setting)

-Camera hacked to be a litle bit faster (animation length)

-Added Stk

-Adding cm file manager

-Auto brightness also fixed...maybe lol

*Should, ing, and maybe because it's late and i'm not going to flash it to test tonight.

Peace

Guest djuroue

We are waiting for new version :) Thanx !

Raverrr, do you think that your rom is eating battery a bit more than it should ?! Could you work a little bit more on battery usage ?!

Edited by djuroue

Guest Pyntux

Progress:

-Fairly confident locations provider is sorted for the next release. It was a missing setting...duh

-Tethering options should also be back (another missing setting)

-Camera hacked to be a litle bit faster (animation length)

-Added Stk

-Adding cm file manager

-Auto brightness also fixed...maybe lol

*Should, ing, and maybe because it's late and i'm not going to flash it to test tonight.

Peace

Thanks! :)

Guest bilakos10

We are waiting for new version :) Thanx !

Raverrr, do you think that your rom is eating battery a bit more than it should ?! Could you work a little bit more on battery usage ?!

Yeah, i would love to see a JB rom with the battery life of an ICS rom.

Keep it up raverrr!

Guest raverrr

Then look in Dazzozo`s CM10r6 and Joestone`s CM10 direction :)

There is precious little you can do to noticeably improve battery life in JB ROMs. There are a bunch of small tweaks that 'may' improve it a little. The best one (in my opinion) being to drop data when device is sleeping BUT this impacts usability to much. For instance you wouldn't receive a whatsapp message until you turn the screen back on. However there is an app called "clever connectivity" that allows to disable data when sleeping and reactivates it for short, user defined periods of time allowing data messages etc to come through. Worth a look if you really must be on JB and are desperate for a little extra battery life.

Guest djuroue

I got pretty used to charging phone every night before going to sleep, so that is not so big problem for me ... What about uploading a new build Raverrr ?!

Guest oldfella

I use Tasker to turn off data and 3G whenever I dont use it, and I am still struggling to get a day out of a JB rom with light use

with stock+ I get 3 days plus

Guest raverrr

I got pretty used to charging phone every night before going to sleep, so that is not so big problem for me ... What about uploading a new build Raverrr ?!

All in good time :). I have a job and a real life to tend to lol.

Guest djuroue

All in good time :). I have a job and a real life to tend to lol.

Of course, like everyone of us!

We will wait for it ... We love your build :D