[RECOVERY][ALL] Official TWRP 2.7.1.0 & Root [01/08/2014]

Guest Kra1o5

I know this is probably a stupid question... but i know some devices have touch versions of cwm... so is it difficult to put together? or not?

Is close sources. You can compile one from koush pages. But maybe you have some problems. I post one post time back

Greetings

Guest TayoOnabule

Is close sources. You can compile one from koush pages. But maybe you have some problems. I post one post time back

Greetings

I'll give it a shot over the weekend

Guest jimwormold

The truth is, I'll never know what was the problem. But it certainly wasn't the use of internal memory because that was what came to my mind immediately. I had around 13Gb of free space and it gave me an error while backing up system partition. It happened twice but...

... well I just tried again and it worked. Perhaps my memory card is becoming problematic or something like that. I guesss I'll never know.

Thanks once again Kra1o5!

I'm also unable to backup a fully formatted install of yesterday's 4.4 nightly using TWRP2.6.3.2. I get a "Backup failed" when the system folder is being backed up. I've checked the selected sdcard, and it's correct, and the partly performed backup folders appear there, failing at the same size each time 151MB system file (out of a total 430MB). 

Any ideas?

Guest trikomlabs

I'm also unable to backup a fully formatted install of yesterday's 4.4 nightly using TWRP2.6.3.2. I get a "Backup failed" when the system folder is being backed up. I've checked the selected sdcard, and it's correct, and the partly performed backup folders appear there, failing at the same size each time 151MB system file (out of a total 430MB). 

Any ideas?

I use this method, just to taste the kit-kat :

- go to recovery mode, flash cwm6.0.4.4

- wipe factory default wipe cache, flash cm11

- do some setting here and there...

- back to recovery mode, flash twrp2631.. not 2632..

- and do backup.. without any error..

Edited by trikomlabs

New version up in OP.

I recommend to make wipe for system, data & cache after you install 2.6.3.3 (Yes, you can backup your data first & restore after wipe without problems).

Edited by Kra1o5

Guest painteramit

thanks a lot Kra1o5, was waiting this for long. 

just to confirm, after updating to 2.6.3.3, I can flash any rom which is based on 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 without any issue, right?

Guest trikomlabs

Sorry for n00b question.

I noticed my Y300 internal USB mass storage is almost full.

(#The storage I meant is when my phone connected to PC)

Is it safe for me to delete all the files, including TWRP file?

EDIT: Updated to 2.6.3.2 and the dancing battery issue is gone. ^_^

still got dancing battery animation on G510.. even with twrp2.6.3.3... maybe it's because G510 use 480 x 854 pixel.. while Y300 is only 480 x 800..

thanks a lot Kra1o5, was waiting this for long. 

just to confirm, after updating to 2.6.3.3, I can flash any rom which is based on 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 without any issue, right?

yup.. in G510 it can flash and backup cm11 smoothly..

Guest rederik75

New version up in OP.

I recommend to make wipe for system, data & cache after you install 2.6.3.3 (Yes, you can backup your data first & restore after wipe without problems).

Do we need it anyway, or just before flashing new roms/updates ?

Do we need it anyway, or just before flashing new roms/updates ?

It is needed or you will encounter problems.

You have to do it only once after flashing 2.6.3.3 :P

Greetings

Edited by MasterRck

Guest jackosterman

Apologies, I'm being a little dense here--

Can I restore an older backup from TWRP 2.6.3.1 after flashing 2.6.3.3 and wiping, or is it recommended that I make a new backup after flashing TWRP 2.6.3.3?

Guest syafiq007

a newbie here. have been installing cm10.1 and cm10.2 with no prob on v5 twrp... and i heard news saying an update to the latest version of twrp is a necessary for me to upgrade to cm11. right?

the problem is, is there any possiblity that i can flash the latest twrp using the v5 twrp in recovery rather than fast boot? as my volume down button is malfunctioning due to excess fast booting a few month ago lol

Guest TangerineTractor

Can updating recovery cause the phone to behave differently? I'm suddenly getting poor battery performance, the rom hasn't changed, the only thing I can thing of is upgrading to twrp latest version.

Edited by TangerineTractor