* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

Dart_Zlobus

Dart_Zlobus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Guys, I'm not a guru, but do not you think that if a modem device does not participate in the operation of the modem? Because the item named "Sharing Network" means the device communicates on its protokolu.kompyuter-on svoemu.Nalichie cable also monitored and surely command processing takes place on a computer modem, and not on the device.I'm sorry for my english)

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

device communicates on its protokolu.kompyuter-on svoemu.Nalichie cable also

руссо туристо :D им бесполезно объяснять, что это разные процессы, никак не связанные между собой, проше смириться и поддакивать, "чем бы дитя не тешилось"..

Edited by Lens_flare, 31 May 2013 - 06:19 AM.

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT, Casper TAB

Go?

unfortunately still no

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

surely command processing takes place on a computer modem, and not on the device.I'm sorry for my english)

AT commands ranging from pc on "acer modem" on com 11 (on my pc), I have no other modem on the PC, the modem can also be activated directly from the terminal or adb shell, so the modem can be sure on cm9 (100%) activated, the problem is that Android does not communicate with the modem

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

"чем бы дитя не тешилось"..

thanks

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

the problem is that Android does not communicate with the modem

the problem is it SHOULDN'T communicate with modem :D There is usb_rmnet device which has access to AT commands, there is also another rmnet device, which also has access to AT commands; So you are having two devices for different purpose, one using the only kernel usb driver and another requires complicated binary-framework-kernel interconnection scheme. That's it.

drmad

drmad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

the problem is it SHOULDN'T communicate with modem :D There is usb_rmnet device which has access to AT commands, there is also another rmnet device, which also has access to AT commands; So you are having two devices for different purpose, one using the only kernel usb driver and another requires complicated binary-framework-kernel interconnection scheme. That's it.

ok then the test on AT commands close here
Thanks again Lens

Dart_Zlobus

Dart_Zlobus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I would like to say that no device works with a modem when connected to a PC, and the driver PC.i these functions can not be transferred Android)

Dart_Zlobus

Dart_Zlobus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
what if if it works? may like cheating modem-only solution to get data M9? worth a try

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

what if if it works?

oO rewrite android first :P

Dart_Zlobus

Dart_Zlobus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
News?)

Gorelickov197

Gorelickov197

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal (s120)
development dead...

stiwyfigfexx

stiwyfigfexx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid metal

development dead...

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

AleJet

AleJet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ciao Guys!

I'm reading about your try to port Cm 10 on the Liquid Metal, and despite the lack of resources you had really good result, mostly thanks to Lens_flare. Unfortunately the problems left unsolved make the phone unusable in everyday usage. And ok, having the Cm 10 on our phone won't improve our life quality....

Anyway we can't leave his work incomplete, it is a challenge for our mind, and a useful way to improve programming knowledge. Then imagine the satisfaction of have solving these problems!!

I'm completely new to programming, but I'm determined to learn it. Can someone link the programs used to compile the firmware and the latest Cm 10 of Lens?

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Can someone link the programs used to compile the firmware and the latest Cm 10 of Lens?

the only thing that really does exist is cm9. Nobody still tried cm10 one, partially coz of me :P (read thread). to learn more about development and stuff on cm, read this http://wiki.cyanogen...g/w/Development, when that knowledge base didn't exist I used one of the guides they listed in device section, for example this one http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_maguro. For device tree of cm9 use my github https://github.com/N..._device_acer_a4, it does have some instructions to get you started. Also possibly you'll need gingerbread source, as porting would start here.

I maybe have a solution for camera problem(at last we'd get more here), but it needs porting one little lib - libskiagl.so. The main problem is, it is written for gb, and skia API changed, so it should be actually rewritten to comply both worlds - serve damn acer libcamera.so and be compatible with ics. Unfortunately I have no time and device to do so.

Edited by Lens_flare, 23 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

AleJet

AleJet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

the only thing that really does exist is cm9. Nobody still tried cm10 one, partially coz of me :P (read thread). to learn more about development and stuff on cm, read this http://wiki.cyanogen...g/w/Development, when that knowledge base didn't exist I used one of the guides they listed in device section, for example this one http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_maguro. For device tree of cm9 use my github https://github.com/N..._device_acer_a4, it does have some instructions to get you started. Also possibly you'll need gingerbread source, as porting would start here.

I maybe have a solution for camera problem(at last we'd get more here), but it needs porting one little lib - libskiagl.so. The main problem is, it is written for gb, and skia API changed, so it should be actually rewritten to comply both worlds - serve damn acer libcamera.so and be compatible with ics. Unfortunately I have no time and device to do so.

Thanks Lens, I'm reading the guides and in the meanwhile I'm installing Ubuntu and all the programs on a VirtualM. I'm starting from the beginning and giving a look also to programming languages, but I'm quick learning ;)..or at least I hope so XD

About the conversion of the libskiagl.so, you want to find a way to 'convert' directly the old API in the new ICS API trough the libskiagl.so...have I understood right? I will give a look to these 2 libs, but I'm sure that I won't understand anything now :P

EDIT: In fact there is nothing to see in the .so, obviously they are compiled lib....... :blush:..how is it possible to make that link between API directly on binary files????

EDIT 2: I can't understand one thing. Why it is not possible to take the not working lib from a comparable device with the same camera module? is it related to the fact that to compile the driver in the right way it is necessary that also the Cpu/gpu chip are the same of the Metal to do it successfully?

Edited by AleJet, 24 June 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

About the conversion of the libskiagl.so, you want to find a way to 'convert' directly the old API in the new ICS API trough the libskiagl.so...have I understood right?

you need to port gingerbread libskiagl lib to ics which doesn't have it. But ics does have different libskia, which is now got hardware acceleration support so all the api were rewritten, hence we can't just put gb lib to ics.

In fact there is nothing to see in the .so, obviously they are compiled lib....... :blush:..how is it possible to make that link between API directly on binary files????

use source, Luke :P

I can't understand one thing. Why it is not possible to take the not working lib from a comparable device with the same camera module? is it related to the fact that to compile the driver in the right way it is necessary that also the Cpu/gpu chip are the same of the Metal to do it successfully?

nearest devices have incompatible with our libs. Desire z for example has 2.2 camera hal, as well as huawei ideos x5. We have caf gb camera hal, which is quite proprietary. We also have 2.2 hal, but it needs kernel mods to make it work at last on gb.

Edited by Lens_flare, 25 June 2013 - 03:41 AM.

AleJet

AleJet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you need to port gingerbread libskiagl lib to ics which doesn't have it. But ics does have different libskia, which is now got hardware acceleration support so all the api were rewritten, hence we can't just put gb lib to ics.

use source, Luke :P

nearest devices have incompatible with our libs. Desire z for example has 2.2 camera hal, as well as huawei ideos x5. We have caf gb camera hal, which is quite proprietary. We also have 2.2 hal, but it needs kernel mods to make it work at last on gb.

I will try, Obi, but... :blink: this means you should know how the acer camera hal works, otherwise how can you modify the libcamera???

maybe I'm saying something stupid (I'm absolutely not an expert :P), but then it s also required that there should be a sort of correspondence between the new API and the old one..

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

maybe I'm saying something stupid (I'm absolutely not an expert :P), but then it s also required that there should be a sort of correspondence between the new API and the old one..

we are modifying near the libcamera components as aforementioned is proprietary. Also there are some opensource libcamera implementations we may use. Also logcat is great to dig into some proprietary crap if they were stupid enough to leave logs on it :P

it is, but for example they may add one argument to the method, or even redefine it. In case of adding system-wide hardware acceleration support and has been almost fully rewritten.

Edited by Lens_flare, 26 June 2013 - 03:00 AM.

stiwyfigfexx

stiwyfigfexx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid metal
Good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users