112 replies to this topic

ghpk

ghpk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Lava Iris 501, Spice mi-354
Short review of this ROM.

The ROM provided by Lava Is a Jelly Bean version 4.1.1, which is certainly better than ICS, but it misses a hell lot of features
this seems to be a stripped down version of JB release, and many functions have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM.

Bugs and missing features:-
  • Earlier the phone used to vibrate when a outgoing call was picked by called person, this feature is missing.
  • Dialing only a few digits used to very intelligently detect the matching phone numbers, this feature is missing.
  • Long press a phone number in Logs gave option to see last call details, and option to add to contact, this feature is missing. you can however click on Image Icon and Add to contact the number from logs though.
  • Change of System Language is not possible as all other languages except English has been removed to make it fit into Iris501
  • Airplane Mode Button placement in Notification Widgets is very bad and is prone for Accidental Touch
  • Lots of options from Settings for display, system settings have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM
  • GPS bug, if you enabled A-GPS, used it and closed GPS from Notification Icon, the GPS Icon in status bar is left visible, no matter how many times you turn on or turn off the GPS, this Icon keeps on displaying and a Text in Notification "Location Set By GPS"
  • Screen Brightness is way to sensitive in Auto-mode, might Irritate you with very very fast change of screen brightness, I use a APP called "LUX" to make it stable though.
  • Camera Will Save pics to Internal Memory and you cannot Save into SD CARD, all you can do is to move files every couple of days from SDCARD0 to SDCARD
  • I've not checked 3G Policy, still I doubt the Data Connection is Configured to Sleep and waits for Wake from Device or push notification as screen shows data connection enabled message a lot of times while I am on move using 3G.
  • Many Stystem tweaks are not done by LAVA, and memory management is not properly done. Root users should be able to do it, and I'll post a tutorial about this in a couple of days.

So far so good, this ROM is good, but could have been better.
may be its a very smooth and Good rom for Non-root users, but personally I squeeze the rom to fit my taste and things which can speed up my needed activity on phone.

This rom is still worth the pain to download and install as there's certainly a lot of improvements in system performance and stability.
Maps works great, Google Now is good and intuitive, Gmail syncs 24x7, Earlier ON ICS I had to keep switching connection to keep it working.

Anybody still having doubts whether to install or not, Should certainly upgrade, at-least if not all, most of future apps would work as you are on latest build of Android as of this day.

enjoy the Iris on Jelly Bean

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Softwares
  • Devices:LAVA IRIS 501, Nokia E71
  • Twitter:@kamal882

firstly i want to say you thank for this great work kamal ji ker dia kamal; but i liked to ask certain question to you .... that what deference happened if i update phone it self? and second is warranty still remains or lost after update phone by this firmware which is provided by you....

Dear Mr. Singh,

This is official firmware of Lava hence if you upgrade your phone, warranty will still be there. After updating your phone, you will feel lot of improvement in speed, smoothness, performance, better battery backup and many new features. Few bugs are there but if you compare with advantage of Jellybean, overall you will be satisfied with the improved performance.

drnpsingh

drnpsingh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:lava iris 501
Thanks to reply to early i used several smartphone like sony and Samsung but both have a good official updatorsoftware and be face never any problum! but in second grade smart phone lack this?..someone says me that heating issue of lava iris 501 ending after jelly been update it is true or wrong!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!! reply as soon as possible.......

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Thanks to reply to early i used several smartphone like sony and Samsung but both have a good official updatorsoftware and be face never any problum! but in second grade smart phone lack this?..someone says me that heating issue of lava iris 501 ending after jelly been update it is true or wrong!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!! reply as soon as possible.......

Yes, there is no heating issue with Jellybean.

After update to Jellybean, you will find software update option in System Setting > About Phone > Software Update
Earlier with ICS, this option was not there. Now onward you can use this OTA function for future updates from LAVA.

Attached Files

• Attached File  004.jpg   30.28KB   1 downloads

Edited by Kamal882, 06 May 2013 - 04:23 AM.

drnpsingh

drnpsingh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
thanks a lot of...........kamal ji

Eddy12

Eddy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:prestigio 5000
Hello im new here and new user of prestigio. tell me where to put that MediaTek USB VCOM drivers on my pc?? and how to conet phone with SP Flash Tool??its that like on galaxy?'I have some expirience with galaxy and custom rooms and root but with prestigio im new.

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Hello im new here and new user of prestigio. tell me where to put that MediaTek USB VCOM drivers on my pc?? and how to conet phone with SP Flash Tool??its that like on galaxy?'I have some expirience with galaxy and custom rooms and root but with prestigio im new.

I have added one more driver in my post which has executable file hence easy to install.

Process for flashing is given in my post, please read carefully.

If you want to read in detail then I am giving two links of tutorials. Please go through them.

Installation of Mediatek Driver

SP Flash Tools tutorial

Let me know if you get success.

Jack Nick

Jack Nick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Lava Iris 501 and Canvas HD
  • Twitter:@Ramana
Dear Kamal sir,
Give me stock ICS frimware so that i can go back to ICS, if i am not comfortable with JB. :D :D :D

Jack Nick

Jack Nick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Give me some picture instruction to flash JB. :D

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Give me some picture instruction to flash JB. :D

See HERE

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Dear Kamal sir,
Give me stock ICS frimware so that i can go back to ICS, if i am not comfortable with JB. :D :D :D

OK, I will arrange ICS and upload. Will try to do it by next week end.

Eddy12

Eddy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have added one more driver in my post which has executable file hence easy to install.

Process for flashing is given in my post, please read carefully.

If you want to read in detail then I am giving two links of tutorials. Please go through them.

Installation of Mediatek Driver

SP Flash Tools tutorial

Let me know if you get success.

Thank you for ur help, but first i need to root phone, now tell me can i root my phone if is fabrik instaled android 4.1.1 or i must instal this firmware lava iris

Eddy12

Eddy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
First problem: in device manager i dont see that driver instaled, but when i run USBDeview i see driver, second when i run SP flash tool nothing heppend. phone is turn off and when conect to pc nothing heppend anywhere just recharge pone batery flash tools nothing

Eddy12

Eddy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Problem gone. thank you im instal that andropid and works perfekt. now go to root my phone

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Problem gone. thank you im instal that andropid and works perfekt. now go to root my phone

Congratulation, Now you can root your phone.

Jack Nick

Jack Nick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the frimware kamal,

Try to upload (JB frimware) it as single file in torrent it may help those who have slow internet connection and they can download it with resume support!!

is there any way to swap memory(external memory with internal memory) for Iris 501 ???,, last month i swapped memory for my Canvas HD and it has now 32gb as internal memory!!

thank you!!

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

thanks for the frimware kamal,

Try to upload (JB frimware) it as single file in torrent it may help those who have slow internet connection and they can download it with resume support!!

is there any way to swap memory(external memory with internal memory) for Iris 501 ???,, last month i swapped memory for my Canvas HD and it has now 32gb as internal memory!!

thank you!!

Dear Jack,
Creating a torrent means I have to seed source files from my PC and also I have to keep my PC 24 hours ON.
I have limited bandwidth hence it is not possible for me.

Earlier I tried to swap memory but didn't get success. :(

bb4ugl

bb4ugl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

OK, I will arrange ICS and upload. Will try to do it by next week end.

SIR i am also looking for ics stock rom
plz provide the link
thank u

Kamal882

Kamal882

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Dear Kamal sir,

SIR i am also looking for ics stock rom
plz provide the link
thank u

Here is official ICS for Lava Iris 501:

http://www.modaco.co...s-firmware-404/

drnpsingh

drnpsingh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks