The ROM provided by Lava Is a Jelly Bean version 4.1.1, which is certainly better than ICS, but it misses a hell lot of features
this seems to be a stripped down version of JB release, and many functions have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM.
Bugs and missing features:-
- Earlier the phone used to vibrate when a outgoing call was picked by called person, this feature is missing.
- Dialing only a few digits used to very intelligently detect the matching phone numbers, this feature is missing.
- Long press a phone number in Logs gave option to see last call details, and option to add to contact, this feature is missing. you can however click on Image Icon and Add to contact the number from logs though.
- Change of System Language is not possible as all other languages except English has been removed to make it fit into Iris501
- Airplane Mode Button placement in Notification Widgets is very bad and is prone for Accidental Touch
- Lots of options from Settings for display, system settings have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM
- GPS bug, if you enabled A-GPS, used it and closed GPS from Notification Icon, the GPS Icon in status bar is left visible, no matter how many times you turn on or turn off the GPS, this Icon keeps on displaying and a Text in Notification "Location Set By GPS"
- Screen Brightness is way to sensitive in Auto-mode, might Irritate you with very very fast change of screen brightness, I use a APP called "LUX" to make it stable though.
- Camera Will Save pics to Internal Memory and you cannot Save into SD CARD, all you can do is to move files every couple of days from SDCARD0 to SDCARD
- I've not checked 3G Policy, still I doubt the Data Connection is Configured to Sleep and waits for Wake from Device or push notification as screen shows data connection enabled message a lot of times while I am on move using 3G.
- Many Stystem tweaks are not done by LAVA, and memory management is not properly done. Root users should be able to do it, and I'll post a tutorial about this in a couple of days.
So far so good, this ROM is good, but could have been better.
may be its a very smooth and Good rom for Non-root users, but personally I squeeze the rom to fit my taste and things which can speed up my needed activity on phone.
This rom is still worth the pain to download and install as there's certainly a lot of improvements in system performance and stability.
Maps works great, Google Now is good and intuitive, Gmail syncs 24x7, Earlier ON ICS I had to keep switching connection to keep it working.
Anybody still having doubts whether to install or not, Should certainly upgrade, at-least if not all, most of future apps would work as you are on latest build of Android as of this day.
enjoy the Iris on Jelly Bean