Phone "semi-bricked"

Guest hanyuu_sama

Guest hanyuu_sama

Hello.

I've got a problem with my phone. It seems I've broken the firmware or something like this. It doesn't switch on but the red diode in the "backward" button. I tried to flash firmware through ZTE Firmware Flasher (actually dunno why, just wanted to get back 2.1 android) and phone got like this. I'm not really familiar with android phones and stuff, so please respond!

Guest hanyuu_sama

Bumping with screenshot of proprietary firmware updater. Phone is connected to PC, looks like swithsed off, detected as Handset Diagnostic Interface @ COM8.

post-1012335-0-84733400-1366557246_thumb

Guest hanyuu_sama

Darn, I finally found my problem, it's because of the wrong FW. Installed Right FW, got screen with FTM written on, now gonna lurk what to do next,

Guest hanyuu_sama

Well, I cannot find the right solution... I have FTM mode when I power on phone normally, and I have "Android system recovery" when I power on with home+volume up buttons. What do?

Guest hanyuu_sama

I only get to android system recovery with the way it's written in manual... May be there any way to install android on phone with "update.zip" option?

Guest hanyuu_sama

You can't even get to TPT?

Well, I finally installed some Orange firmware, then I installed firmware for my country through settings, but it still doesn't recognize simcard and cannot connect to wifi due to some problems with MAC. Also it has no IMEI. Boots only when connected to pc, when standalone - FMT mode. I dunno what to do.

Guest honigfisch

Here the skatie:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/350717-[ROM][ZTE-Skate]-SKatie-by-Ceco---Android-2.3.5-(DOLBY-MOBILE-NOW-AVAILABLE!!!)#entry1883628

Do it with the option 1

Unpack the .zip and CHECK THE MD5

Make clear that there is no folder named "image" on sd card

Now copy your image folder on to your sd card. Turn off your phone put the battery out - wait 10 sec

Put it back in.

Now hold volume up and menu button (middle)

Hold this two buttons and now hold the power button until the T-Flash starts

Wait until it finishs

Edited by honigfisch

Guest hanyuu_sama

Here the skatie:

http://www.modaco.co...?/topic/350717-[ROM][ZTE-Skate]-SKatie-by-Ceco---Android-2.3.5-(DOLBY-MOBILE-NOW-AVAILABLE!!!)#entry1883628

Do it with the option 1

Unpack the .zip and CHECK THE MD5

Make clear that there is no folder named "image" on sd card

Now copy your image folder on to your sd card. Turn off your phone put the battery out - wait 10 sec

Put it back in.

Now hold volume up and menu button (middle)

Hold this two buttons and now hold the power button until the T-Flash starts

Wait until it finishs

It still only boots when connected to pc, and it doesn't connect to network...

Guest hanyuu_sama

It seems that I lost wifi mac and nvitems... I made backup when the phone was working, but I don't know how to retrieve this info back.

Guest honigfisch

If you have got CWM then turn off your phone hold volume up and home button (left). Now hold the power button until it vibrates

Then go to "backup&restore" --> restore

ATTENTION: this only works if your backup is on your sd card in the "clockworkmod" - folder

If you havent got cwm then flash cwm or do the skatie 1.1 tpt flash like i said before.

Tpt could be risky but it is easier.

For tpt: put your sd in another phone if you cant copy the image folder on to sd with skate and dont forget to check md5 (important)

Best regards

Edited by honigfisch

Guest hanyuu_sama

If you have got CWM then turn off your phone hold volume up and home button (left). Now hold the power button until it vibrates

Then go to "backup&restore" --> backup

ATTENTION: this only works if your backup is on your sd card in the "clockworkmod" - folder

If you havent got cwm then flash cwm or do the skatie 1.1 tpt flash like i said before.

Tpt could be risky but it is easier.

For tpt: put your sd in another phone if you cant copy the image folder on to sd with skate and dont forget to check md5 (important)

Best regards

You mean "restore", not backup, right? I tried it already, didn't help. It seems that to fix modem problems I need to go deeper here.

Guest honigfisch

Oh yeah sorry my friend :(

I meant restore.

Try tpt flash. If you check md5 nothing worse can happen :)

Edited by honigfisch

Guest hanyuu_sama

Oh yeah sorry my friend :(

I meant restore.

Try tpt flash. If you check md5 nothing worse can happen :)

But will TPT help me if even the original image frome ZTE website cannot start without connection to PC, and there is no network?

Guest omegavesko

But will TPT help me if even the original image frome ZTE website cannot start without connection to PC, and there is no network?

TPT can be flashed on the phone itself, no need for a PC connection or a network connection. It's your safest bet to get everything back in working order.

Guest hanyuu_sama

TPT can be flashed on the phone itself, no need for a PC connection or a network connection. It's your safest bet to get everything back in working order.

Well, I've installed the second one from here

Phone boots only to some CWM-based recovery. Is it what I shuold see? Will try to flash skatie now.

Guest hanyuu_sama

Okay so it seems I need to work with QPST software, but I don't know what to do in my case, swithced on phone connected to PC, USB debugging is on, but there is no phone visible in the QPST software. Device manager shows only "ZTE composite ADB interface". What do?

Guest hanyuu_sama

It's some kind of magic. Just started to mess with QPST, and got the IMEI back! Still it's not default phone's IMEI, everything works. Guess I'm cyber offender now :)

Thanks everyone!