• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

classless

classless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:G300

Huawei has sent to many users a code composed only of numbers that seems the SIM Unlock code. However it has worked to Unlock the Bootloader. Try it, you don't lose anything.

Greetings.

That's the first thing i did. Tried it and it didn't work. This morning i received a second reply with the correct code and this time it worked.
Forgot that after bootloader unlock it does a wipe... so that's something to remember :)

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
How to unlock bootloader with code provided from Huawei, but on Linux?

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

That's the first thing i did. Tried it and it didn't work. This morning i received a second reply with the correct code and this time it worked.
Forgot that after bootloader unlock it does a wipe... so that's something to remember :)

What wipe? Does it wipe the internal memory?

classless

classless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:G300

What wipe? Does it wipe the internal memory?

Nope. The 2gb partition stays intact.

alkalinorap

alkalinorap

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

How to unlock bootloader with code provided from Huawei, but on Linux?

You must install adb & fastboot packages (search in Google) and you must open a terminal and put the following command:

sudo fastboot oem unlock 123456789987654321

Greetings.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Thanks, that so easy.... :) A have adb and fastboot installed... ;)

bigblack66

bigblack66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
i have mailed to [email protected] with my S/n and IMEI (U8815) but no answer... is this the correct email for the unlock code?

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
^ yes, check the other thread for help.

monolaurynian

monolaurynian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Excuse my ignorance but what is an update.app and where to find it?

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Excuse my ignorance but what is an update.app and where to find it?

It is huawei official ROM, it is in the form of UPDATE.APP and you can find it on official page of our G300 :)

cryptoncore

cryptoncore

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Android, Gaming, Computers, Music (Dubstep, Drum and bass, Hard electro) And most other technology related things.
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G, G300
Im on a stock b952 repack with CWM based recovery touch 6.0.1.2? i just need an update.app and then vol up+down and power?

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do" - B. F. Skinner

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Im on a stock b952 repack with CWM based recovery touch 6.0.1.2? i just need an update.app and then vol up+down and power?

If you wwant to go back to factory settings of your phone with remowing root and CWM, than yes :)

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl
Unlocking by this method solves the network dignal loss in JB roms?

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hi Ive just received my boot loader unlock code. I'm running a jb rom, so could someone explain the procedure that I need to do to unlock the boot loader officially then reinstall a jb rom . thanks

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Flash stock B952 then unlock bootloader. If you don't understand go back a few pages in this post it's all in there.

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Ive downloaded the b952 worldwide release and installed. I downloaded the scripts onto my computer and tried running them, but it just hangs on waiting for device. What have I done wrong? I found out what I done wrong...Its vol DOWN and power button,

Edited by jamie_w, 16 May 2013 - 05:01 PM.

lejkabasz

lejkabasz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
What os do you have on pc? No drivers in Bootloader mode imo.

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Whats the procedure for reinstalling a custom rom after officially unlocking the bootloader?

predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
To make things straight here are the steps to install a custom ROM once you have your unlock code.
1) Pull out your battery and wait for 5 secs. Insert it and open the phone in fastboot mode by holding volume down key + power. Connect your phone to pc.
2) Verify you are on stock bootloader and locked by issuing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say LOCKED. If no look for a thread here about "relocking/return to stock bootloader"
3) Unlock the bootloader by issuing the command "fastboot oem unlock myunlockkey" . Verify your bootloader is unlocked by doing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say UNLOCKED.
4) Flash your custom recovery by issuing the command "fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img"
5) Take out your battery and wait again for 5 secs. Reboot phone by pressing volume up + power. You are now on your custom recovery free to install whatever you like

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

To make things straight here are the steps to install a custom ROM once you have your unlock code.
1) Pull out your battery and wait for 5 secs. Insert it and open the phone in fastboot mode by holding volume down key + power. Connect your phone to pc.
2) Verify you are on stock bootloader and locked by issuing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say LOCKED. If no look for a thread here about "relocking/return to stock bootloader"
3) Unlock the bootloader by issuing the command "fastboot oem unlock myunlockkey" . Verify your bootloader is unlocked by doing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say UNLOCKED.
4) Flash your custom recovery by issuing the command "fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img"
5) Take out your battery and wait again for 5 secs. Reboot phone by pressing volume up + power. You are now on your custom recovery free to install whatever you like

Thank you very much, this is what I needed and hopefully it'll help others. I had problems at #4 but I installed TWRP from fastboot and now I have my recovery. +1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users