One click root...

Guest jimwormold

Guest Andymac1969

It looks straight forward enough, I cannot see any negative comments on it at all, saying that the download link is not working, so that sorts that lol

Guest Voxpop2011

Seems to be downloading now. Somehow downloading random exe files from the interwebs doesn't feel such a great idea...

I take it you abandoned the download. Doesn't look as if we are any closer to a root hack.

Guest joba69

@joba69 on vodafone G510-0100?

I buy this phone in germany ..its model G510-100 with firmwar b170.. for rooting i don´t update firmware to b176 .. i use it as it is...with b170

..i only install handset driver .. then download neccesary files from

http://www.mediafire.com/?1iwmvb1v0epc5vb

This is working for me... but i notice that you have to use windoes xp or windows 7 for the rooting prog. could not manage the program run with windows 8

Guest frazer_cooper

Within the file theres a dload folder do we have to flash that to gain root??

Ive tryed the unlockroot program on its own but it fails each time!

Guest Voxpop2011

I buy this phone in germany ..its model G510-100 with firmwar b170.. for rooting i don´t update firmware to b176 .. i use it as it is...with b170

..i only install handset driver .. then download neccesary files from

http://www.mediafire...1iwmvb1v0epc5vb

This is working for me... but i notice that you have to use windoes xp or windows 7 for the rooting prog. could not manage the program run with windows 8

Sorry, but there seems to be a contradiction here. On the one hand you say 'this is working for me' then say you need Windows XP or Windows 7 and could not get the program to work with Windows 8. So what exactly is working?

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest KenBW2

Sorry, but there seems to be a contradiction here. On the one hand you say 'this is working for me' then say you need Windows XP or Windows 7 and could not get the program to work with Windows 8. So what exactly is working?

It's possible he has two computers, one with Windows 8 and one with XP/7

Guest Voxpop2011

He says he could not get the program to work on Windows 8, so if he has XP or 7 there should be no problem. The question remains unanswered.

Guest Combat Gerbil

He says he could not get the program to work on Windows 8, so if he has XP or 7 there should be no problem. The question remains unanswered.

What I get from that is... he tried Windows 8, Couldn't get the program to work. Tried Win7 (or XP) it worked... what was so hard to work out from that?

Guest KenBW2

What I get from that is... he tried Windows 8, Couldn't get the program to work. Tried Win7 (or XP) it worked... what was so hard to work out from that?

Yea, that's what I thought. Seems fairly clear cut.

Unless the confusion is over the outcome of the rooting, if that worked

Guest Combat Gerbil

Yea, that's what I thought. Seems fairly clear cut.

Unless the confusion is over the outcome of the rooting, if that worked

But the first part saying " This is working for me" covers that too... ;-)

Guest joba69

Hello ..sorry everyone for confusion ....and for delay ...

So what i exactly mean is the following:

I follow the guide in the youtube video...This method worked for me. Finally i does the following:

Install "handset" driver .. the one that was provided if you plug in the phone.

I Skip the step from the video downloading the recommended B176 Firmware

I use the Firmware that was allready installed which was B170

I download the "root" package. Inside this package there was a dload folder and the rooting programm.

I flash dload

Start the phone new. Take care that you disable the fastboot option from settings menu.

Then i install the "unlock-root" programm. Connect the phone an start the "unlock-root" programm.

Click "root" then start phone new again.

I wrote in my above posting

but i notice that you have to use windoes xp or windows 7 for the rooting prog

This means that the programm "unlock-root" for me does not work with a computer with installed windows 8

The programm works for me with a workstation which has windows xp / windows 7 installed.

So i guess that the programm "unlock-root" might be not compatible with windows 8.

Within the file theres a dload folder do we have to flash that to gain root??

Ive tryed the unlockroot program on its own but it fails each time!

Edited by joba69

Guest Voxpop2011

So One Click Root WILL NOT work with the Huawei Ascend G510 no matter what iteration of Windows you have?

Guest jimwormold

@joba69 - Sorry if I missed it in your video, but have you actually got SuperUser or SU or some other similar root app installed and running using the file you linked to?

Guest joba69

@joba69 - Sorry if I missed it in your video, but have you actually got SuperUser or SU or some other similar root app installed and running using the file you linked to?

i finaly describe here CLICK how i get root access

• 1 month later...