Highlighting this

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Since the recent splitting of this forum into sub-forums, many topics are going unnoticed. But this I feel is worthy of highlighting.

There's a thread on the modding forum about a new extraction of the Xperia Z Launcher (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362156-2-versions-of-the-xperia-launcher-and-widgets/#entry2117238)

Now, this launcher seems to be just about the fastest I have ever seen on my g300, and it has all the features that the premium versions of Apex, Nova, ADW etc have. I converted mine into a system app and it's even faster still.

I've put a copy of the apk on dropbox for quick access from your phone directly here - I take no credit, credit goes to Redflake, the poster of the original thread, for his find, and the guys at XDA for their work.

Guest TangerineTractor

nice one, how did you convert to system app, is this just a normal install?

This is just a normal install. I used ROM Toolbox to convert to a system app - that's a simple, automated way, there are other manual ways, or search google play for "/system/app/mover"

Edited by TangerineTractor

This is just a normal install. I used ROM Toolbox to convert to a system app - that's a simple, automated way, there are other manual ways.

could i not just delete old one using app installer.

Guest TangerineTractor

could i not just delete old one using app installer.

Delete the old one of what? If you've already got the xperia launcher, yes, of course... but installing this apk will not make it a system app. It doesn't really matter - just install it, see if you like it.

Delete the old one of what? If you've already got the xperia launcher, yes, of course... but installing this apk will not make it a system app. It doesn't really matter - just install it, see if you like it.

sorry i meant after install this, could i delete the old launcher using app uninstaller or do i need to move new launcher into the system directory for it work?

Guest TangerineTractor

sorry i meant after install this, could i delete the old launcher using app uninstaller or do i need to move new launcher into the system directory for it work?

I usually uninstall launchers I don't want using an app uninstaller - I tend to use ROM Toolbox - but you don't have to, and you don't have to convert this to a system app. Android recognizes it as a launcher when it's installed, so you can leave it as it is.

Guest TangerineTractor

Thanks for this.

Could you tell me how to remove icons/widgets from the dock?

Long press on the icon and select remove, or drag it to the bin.

Guest TangerineTractor

That's what I thought but it just brings up the menu .

Worked for me. Try press and hold, and dragging it out of the dock? I personally don't use the dock, I turn it off. And I only use a single home screen. Boring, I know.

Guest Rico_89

I converted this to a system app as well. I just installed the Launcher then, using Root Explorer, "moved" the apk to the system / app folder and pasted it there.. Then just restart and android will "upgrade".

I converted this to a system app as well. I just installed the Launcher then, using Root Explorer, "moved" the apk to the system / app folder and pasted it there.. Then just restart and android will "upgrade".

where dose the apk live cant find it after installed it?

Guest TangerineTractor

thanks i will have a look later, trying to do it with esfile exploer but i cant see where apk is installed.

Why don't you just try out the launcher first for a while, make sure you're happy with it? It will run perfectly fine without making it a system app.

Guest Rico_89

thanks i will have a look later, trying to do it with esfile exploer but i cant see where apk is installed.

Internal SD card:

Should be in: data/ app.

Then paste it in the system / app.

Set permissions etc after pasting.

Internal SD card:

Should be in: data/ app.

Then paste it in the system / app.

Set permissions etc after pasting.

Still having probs cant see the apk not sure where it has installed,found my installef programes but they are in folders,no apks? A bit puzzled.

Ok sorted now.thanks

Edited by yaqh