Google Chrome on Intel

Guest Ashbeard

Guest Ashbeard

I'm running the Xolo ROM and it told me Half an hour ago there was an update. One wee reboot later and the only change I could see was Google Chrome installed. It is working nicely, smooth and no force closes.

Be warned that Play market will tell you there is a newer version. Ignore it or it will install the broken version.

I hope this is relevant because as far as I knew Google Chrome was bugged on Intel and now it seems they fixed it. Or more likely installed an older version.

Guest BlueMoonRising

If you root and install Borqs GPU mod from the AIO tool you can run the latest update fine. You can unroot after the fact if you want.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I haven't managed to get the AIO tool to work yet. Maybe I'll persist.

If you've accepted the 27MB file you won't be able to do anything without first downgrading. It blocks the root exploit.

Guest BlueMoonRising

He can't do that unless he can get in to the AIO tool

I was presuming he meant he couldn't root but possibly you're correct in thinking he can't actually install the tool.

Guest Ashbeard

Yeah the AIO tool wouldn't even load. I'm using Windows 8, I assumed that was the problem, but I didn't have a spare machine to put 7 on.

It sounds like you've known about this update. Why did mine only show recently?

Guest glossywhite

Yeah the AIO tool wouldn't even load. I'm using Windows 8, I assumed that was the problem, but I didn't have a spare machine to put 7 on.

Hi there.

If you download an "Ubuntu" Linux live CD and boot from it, you can use my Linux root/unroot tool and Linux GPU mod tool to accomplish what you need :)

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

I believe the Windows 8 users have had success in using the compatibility mode.