Unlike the main iPlayer app which it's fair to say is a poor effort when compared to it's iOS equivalent, the beeb think that 'This app has all the features of the iOS app as well as some improvements that ... I think make it even better.'
- Listen to live radio from all the BBC’s UK radio stations over Wi-Fi and mobile networks
- Quickly switch between stations with a simple radio tuner dial
- See what’s on-air across all stations via the Full Programme Guide
- Listen to on-demand programmes from the past 7 days
- See the currently playing track on music stations
- Find out what music and guests featured in on-demand programmes
- Set an alarm to wake up to your favourite station
- Set alerts for upcoming programmes
- Watch video clips including music sessions
- Find hundreds of BBC Podcasts to listen to
- Browse programmes by Schedule, Category, Featured and Most Popular
- Listen in the background or in standby, with quick access to what’s playing via the notifications panel
In amongst the wealth of content, I love the ability to scroll back through the day's schedule to a show i've missed and just hit play. Not only that, other episodes are handily linked and you can even see what tracks are on the playlist!
With the alarm function it might finally be time to throw out that clock radio.
If you ever listen to BBC Radio, you should definitely give the application a go. You can grab it at the Play Store.
Click here to view the item