PadFone Infinity

Guest cturbos

Guest cturbos

Hello every one,I finally got my infinity,do you guys think that the root method we used on the pf2 could be used on the infinity?

thank you

Edited by cturbos

Guest ChazW123

Got my Padfone Infinity and station/tablet dock too and am interested in rooting it, would rather not have to unlock the bootloader though, just want root for backups and to maybe change build prop for Sky Go etc :)

Version details:

Android Version: 4.1.2

Baseband Version: M3.19.19-A80_12133 [Apr 11 2013 12:11;43]

Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-g00c0cd6-00001-g8fa9b78 android@mcrd1-30)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 15 19:29:09 CST 2013

Build Number: JZO54K.TW_Padfone-10.6.8.1-0

Camera f/w version: 71057

Padfone D/S Version: I8562-p565-tW00080005-c0219

Touch f/w version: C6 -T0 -V76

Paul & friends, any help on rooting would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to be a guinea pig :)

Guest perkz

Just picked up one of these, awesome phone. Decided to ask Asus support whether they planned on releasing a bootloader unlock tool, like they did for the Padfone2. They got back to me with:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.

Of course. Now we are try our best to. Please stay tuned for more news on our support website. Thanks for your understanding. Wish you a nice day!

So with any luck we'll have something from them sooner rather than later.

Guest cturbos

About 30 minutes a go i did send them the same question and when will the 4.2... will come out.I'll see what will be their answer.

Thank you for jumping in,it is a beautiful FONE.

Edited by cturbos

Guest ChazW123

Just received another OTA update (my 2nd since getting the phone direct from TW), good to see ASUS are on the ball. Now on firmware version 10.6.8.9-0 (still Android 4.1.2) and also received a camera f/w update to version 71064. Also 3x ASUS s/w updates today in the Play Store. They have been busy :)

Guest ChazW123

Just had another OTA update down, now on f/w JZO54K.TW_Padfone-10.6.8.10-0

Still Android 4.1.2, must be a bug fix release as can't see anything new/different and was only around a 6mb file.

Guest narutofma

Hello every one,I finally got my infinity,do you guys think that the root method we used on the pf2 could be used on the infinity?

thank you

Got my Padfone Infinity and station/tablet dock too and am interested in rooting it, would rather not have to unlock the bootloader though, just want root for backups and to maybe change build prop for Sky Go etc :)

Version details:

Android Version: 4.1.2

Baseband Version: M3.19.19-A80_12133 [Apr 11 2013 12:11;43]

Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-g00c0cd6-00001-g8fa9b78 android@mcrd1-30)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 15 19:29:09 CST 2013

Build Number: JZO54K.TW_Padfone-10.6.8.1-0

Camera f/w version: 71057

Padfone D/S Version: I8562-p565-tW00080005-c0219

Touch f/w version: C6 -T0 -V76

Paul & friends, any help on rooting would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to be a guinea pig :)

do not bother about Rooting, Asus will Force Bootloader Unlock for Infinity to Root, meaning same policy applies Loosing Warranty.

the Rooting option for PF2 will not work for Infinity. Bugs and quirks on PF2 had been cleaned out, will not happen again on PFI.

Plus we do not have any plans to release the Rooting function for Infinity until Asus approves it for Bootloader Unlock.

@Chaz, as a guinea pig, you are taking a Huge Risk of Permanent Bricking your Phone and Loosing Warranty. Are you Up/ready for it?

Edited by narutofma

Guest narutofma

Are you an ASUS rep?

contracted, as for rep NO. All rep for Asus dont know anything, only reading the guide/book given to them.

the only way to Root Asus phone with out breaking warranty, especially Padfone series, you will need their Developer plug-in console for the phone.

This plug-in are hardware coded plus Personal Identification coded plus Cellular number coded per device. With out all 3 components, rooting with out unlocking bootloader is impossible.

Guest cturbos

contracted, as for rep NO. All rep for Asus dont know anything, only reading the guide/book given to them.

the only way to Root Asus phone with out breaking warranty, especially Padfone series, you will need their Developer plug-in console for the phone.

This plug-in are hardware coded plus Personal Identification coded plus Cellular number coded per device. With out all 3 components, rooting with out unlocking bootloader is impossible.

Any hint about the boot loader apk?

Guest ChazW123

do not bother about Rooting, Asus will Force Bootloader Unlock for Infinity to Root, meaning same policy applies Loosing Warranty.

the Rooting option for PF2 will not work for Infinity. Bugs and quirks on PF2 had been cleaned out, will not happen again on PFI.

Plus we do not have any plans to release the Rooting function for Infinity until Asus approves it for Bootloader Unlock.

@Chaz, as a guinea pig, you are taking a Huge Risk of Permanent Bricking your Phone and Loosing Warranty. Are you Up/ready for it?

Sorry nope, it is my main phone that I use for work so cannot have it going down completely. Am happy to give any details on partitions, etc. and logcats or anything but can't be without it I'm afraid. I'm happy to wait for an ASUS bootloader unlock tool if that's the way to go. To be honest haven't needed root really as yet and if Sky get there arses in gear and get Sky Go to work on it then I wouldn't bother rooting. Have a Chromebook now for tinkering with, have that sideloaded with Ubuntu to 'play' with now :)

Guest narutofma

Sorry nope, it is my main phone that I use for work so cannot have it going down completely. Am happy to give any details on partitions, etc. and logcats or anything but can't be without it I'm afraid. I'm happy to wait for an ASUS bootloader unlock tool if that's the way to go. To be honest haven't needed root really as yet and if Sky get there arses in gear and get Sky Go to work on it then I wouldn't bother rooting. Have a Chromebook now for tinkering with, have that sideloaded with Ubuntu to 'play' with now :)

here is what I know for Padfone series, there is a likely know factor Asus working with Ubuntu. But there is also a 95% likely chance they will NOT make it available to Padfone 1 / 2 / Infinity. Meaning they will make a new Version Padfone for Ubuntu Touch OS. In Asus Mind, their thinking are similar to Apple thinking, they only will continue to upgrade their latest Flagship. The prior generation will be update later. If you want the latest OS, buy the newest Device!!

Guest cturbos

Hello everyone

We have root now for the INFINITY thanks to alephzain at XDA.

[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

Guest ChazW123

Hello everyone

Great spot, worked great using the gandalf exploit in it. managed to root, amend my build prop so my product name is changed then unroot, now Sky Go works :-)

Hello everyone

you are my new best friend..

thanks for sharing..

now i got root on my padfone 2 with the new changed motherboard that asus unlock tool don't support anymore..