G300 died in my pocket!

Guest atin

Hello everybody

My G3 hundred was okay at 8 PM and when I looked today at 9 PM it was off – I thought maybe the battery had been really low and I hadn't noticed but when I plugged it in it wouldn't start-up. I've taken the battery out several times etc etc but it's as dead as a doornail.

It's still under guarantee but it has been modified with the cyanogen, rooted Etc.

Will they be able to find this out if I send it back for a replacement?

Or is there anything I can do to fix it – or stop them finding out that it has been rooted and modified?

thanks for any input

Guest denzele

Jezz so many topics ( no offends ) about dead G300 lately...wonder if we should start worrying about ours and look for replacement...:o

Well let's try to fix yours..tell us what did you install all on phone and specially latest ( maybe apps ) to point on something for cause...

Edited by denzele

Guest smweb

Mine was rooted with a custom ROM still went ahead and sent it to the service center guys. Tillaz too has sent a few rooted phones to Huawei and got replacements.

i'v sent a good few phone's back for repair with custom ROMs on them, and nothing has been said about it, they just gave me a replacement after 2 weeks.

there has also been two people i know of on this forum that have done the same, so don't let that put you off ;)

anyway, how will they know if it wont turn on

Edited by smweb

Thanks for the replies!

I had the cyanogenmod on there – the latest one for the G 300 I believe...(10.1?) I hadn't added any apps in the last few days...

I was hoping they wouldn't be able to turn it on, but a bit nervous they might have some industrial magic up their sleeves....

Edited by atin

Guest sharkyo01

You can join the dead phone club! If your sending it in for repair don't mention it or say it was unlock or about custom software! But then if there find out you may get charge (£65) minus replacement.

Word of warning :)

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest Boromir45

A while ago, I found this when debating to root and flash my G300 with a custom rom which I hope might help:

http://matija.suklje.name/rooting-and-flashing-your-device-does-not-void-the-warranty-in-eu

From what I understand, is that if your phone died because of a faulty component, then your warranty should still be valid. If, however, the manufacturer determines that the fault was caused by the custom rom then you're most likely to get stuck with a repair bill but they will have to prove that the action of Rooting or Installing a Custom Rom on your phone caused the fault.

Cheers.

Guest sharkyo01

There are plenty of sites explaining that. But phone company's seem to have real problems understanding it. But law will prevail over them sooner or later!

Guest sharkyo01

Depends on the fault but from what i have read it is a motherboard fault which answer is "no". But I can not guaranty anything...

Edited by sharkyo01

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atin

Well, I've got the phone back – they fixed it – hooray.

I was kind of hoping they would send me a new one but no – they say they've replaced the motherboard and up dated software on it which in this case is android version 4.0.3.

anyway, now that we're all friends on this thread – does anybody have any advice on which Rom I should run? – I have a preference for speed and reliability!

Thanks anyway for all your inputs during this saga.

Edited by atin

Guest atin

Can't root it!

FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Do I need to unlock the bootloader? I cant' find how to do this...(I HAve got the flu and my brain is addled!)