gellmar's StockMergE400 (gSME400) Custom ROM (Stock + merged memory)

Guest gellmar

Guest gellmar

Today the first build of gSME400 is released, It is a release candidate yet, so bugs can be present.

Features:

1. Based on stock V10F CIS ROM

2. Rooted / deodexed / debloated

3. Created as a step3 for SDMergE400 mod (works with 1.15 GB system memory)

4. The internal SD card is made emulated (128 MB), and you can further adjust its size.

5. Flashable zip ready for CWM.

further improvements:

1. OC Kernel 1Ghz with tun/swap

2. Long tap to kill app hack like CM9

How to install:

1. If SDMergE400 mod is installed. do a wipe of data + cache and install zip. No step4 required!

2. If stock layout, install SDMErgE400 step1 / step2 then flash zip

How to revert:

1. KDZ reflash to stock stock :D

Download:

RC2 with 1Ghz kernel / tun / swap / blur fix / SD card and USB mass storage:

http://sendfile.su/803923

Changelog for RC2:

1. 128 MB card removed, now dull external SD is considered as internal

2. USB mass storage speed fix

post-994615-0-33659400-1366911690.png

Edited by gellmar

Guest Limio

thanks but it doesn't work correctly :(

the following messages appear constantly:

'The application Google-Services-Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

Same thing for com.android.phone ... i can't access the call settings and of course i can't call anyone...

fix would be nice

Guest muitenphale

Good job Gellmar! :) but it will be better and more stable if you use United State T-mobile stockrom V10P or V10N because it is the most stable rom I have ever used!

Guest Limio

thanks but it doesn't work correctly :(

the following messages appear constantly:

'The application Google-Services-Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

Same thing for com.android.phone ... i can't access the call settings and of course i can't call anyone...

fix would be nice

fixed the problem (full wipe again, then reinstall rc1.zip)

all datas are gone but it works..

as diego said, only english language but thats okay for me

Guest muitenphale

why don't you remove completely the internal SD, Gellmar? We still have to put game data in internal SD but it is too small for big game data such as Alphast 7

Guest gellmar

Well, thanks for testing and a couple of answers:

1. Yes, some languages are missing but I will check EU and US stock ROMS for additional ones.

2. LG has hardcoded the paths for cards in a bunch of system and user jars. I will eliminate the second card at all, but for the first RC it was vital to make everything as non-invasive as I could do.

3. Transfer to SD card. I noticed that bug too. So I will try fixing it. Also dexopt / iinstalld does not use /cache/ at all, so I will replace them from CM7.

Guest yayakuya

@gellmar: just asking... not mean for ETA

are you can built CM7 for us?

just answer yes or not, it's enough for me...

thanks for all your great works

Regards

Guest yayakuya

it's would be awesome...!!!

DeathArrow with CM10...

Gellmar with CM7...

and Me, will port many ROMs when both are booted.... :)

don't be hurry, take your times as well...

i'll be here for expansion....

Guest muitenphale

Gellmar: I have an idea! why don"t you convert Internal SD to Extend SD and Extend SD to Internal SD? :) I have seen this on AOPK rom and it works perfectly.

Guest Limio

Gellmar: I have an idea! why don"t you convert Internal SD to Extend SD and Extend SD to Internal SD? :) I have seen this on AOPK rom and it works perfectly.

why would you want to do that? soo many apps?

why don't you remove completely the internal SD, Gellmar?

that's the better solution in my opinion.

why don't you remove completely the internal SD, Gellmar? We still have to put game data in internal SD but it is too small for big game data such as Alphast 7

by the way, how to play games like asphalt 7 with this device?

if i want to get it from the play store, it says: Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Well, thanks for testing

there's a bug with the usb connection if you want to use usb storage... very slow and it randomly disconnects

greets

Edited by Limio

Guest gellmar

Limio, let me check it myself. The kernel is the same as stock, so I don't think it is a kernel issue.

Well, I cannot use it at all... Really weird. Maybe it is some way interacted with filesystem on sdcard?

Edited by gellmar

Guest muitenphale

Limio: what version of AP 7 do you install? I play AP7 normally on CM9.

The problem is not many apps but the data of the application. I use Diodict and it has over 250mb of data...so how can I use it in this mod rom? may be stockrom does not allow gellmar to.convert internal sd into extend sd...so let's wait for his CM7

Guest gellmar

Now I reverted to full stock to check why USB is unusable. The kernel is the same, vold isn't, partition table isn't... and we get a fail

Guest Limio

The problem is not many apps but the data of the application. I use Diodict and it has over 250mb of data...so how can I use it in this mod rom? may be stockrom does not allow gellmar to.convert internal sd into extend sd...so let's wait for his CM7

well you could use quickdic as a dictionary... here you get the possibility to place your dictionary files whereever you want but i understand your problem..

gellmar are you the only one that develope this mod & cm7?

what's about the help of other devs?

Guest gellmar

Limio, unfortunately yes... StanTRC supports me, but he's also a busy dev. I managed to fix USB yesterday, but the solution involves SDMerge full restore, so now I am making a fix for SDMerge natively.

Guest Limio

i guess it's veeery much work to port cm7 to this device as a single developer?

especially if you want to fix the whole bugs that will appear...

anyway it's nice to see that you make progress with the stockmerg mod :)

is it possible now to set the emulated space of 128 mb to zero mb now?

When are you going to release the full working version?

great work by the way :)

Guest gellmar

Limio, I just managed to eliminate 128mb card and fixed USB full-speed link. Now the internal card is bound to external one and external is reported as absent. I checked USB connectivity many times, the speed is around ~4MB/sec, just like in stock.

The last step before RC2 release is to fix dalvik-cache problem. Once I do that, RC2 is out.