Speaker volume barely audible

Guest IWTK

OK, a funny problem and I don't think i asked about it here before. A few weeks ago the sound dropped on my G300. Ringtones are barely audible, music played at a low rate, message tones, alarms, everything except call volume unless it's on loudspeaker.

I have it rooted so no point going back to the shop, but I have changed ROM since it happened to see if it was a software issue and it doesn't seem to be. I'm now on CM10.1 JB and was on Infusion ICS when the fault first occured.

Guest sharkyo01

Have you tried changing kernels?

There are problems with speaker volume on g300's... Have you tried going back to stoke to see if it is any better?

Changing kernals sounds like it's outside of my level of knowlegde although I'm sure google could help me. What does that do?

I don't think it's an issue with the roms though (can't be certain) as it was working perfectly for ages since september with lots of roms, and I was on infusion for a few weeks before it happened.and since then moved to CM again.

Guest sharkyo01

Changing kernel is pretty simple you do it via CWM which if you are using custom roms you must be aware of it. There are number of them floating around on here...

I downloaded volume plus today and ramped the voume up to the max 20 setting. It didn't get much louder though and the sound quality was terrible. Is there two speakers on these phones cos I'm thinking now that maybe one of them is deactivated or damaged.

Guest sharkyo01

Still under warranty if so take it back... Return to stock and if it is unlocked don't tell them!

Edited by sharkyo01