• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts
The new Play store was made available a while back, but it won't be shipped to all devices for a while. Luckily the latest version is available as an APK online, so I made some flashable zips for them :)

I have created 2 variants, one normal, and one stripped. This is not multi-dpi, so if you flash this, do not change your screen density or you'll have problems. They are also universal, so it should work fine on any device. Just flash and your done.

EDIT: Added the APK's too, you can install them like normal which is probably the easier (and safer) method :)

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-26-18-33-29.png   120.91KB   105 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-04-26-18-33-52.png   146.26KB   105 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-04-26-18-34-33.png   110.04KB   99 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-04-26-18-34-02.png   92.52KB   91 downloads

Play Store 4.0.72 - Flashable | 4.03 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - Stripped - Flashable | 3.53 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - APK | 5.89 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - Stripped - APK | 5.29 MB

You may also wipe cache/dalvik, it doesn't hurt.

+1 if it works well, thanks.

Edited by kyan31, 26 April 2013 - 05:53 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
The new update looks a lot better, but what is the actual difference between the stripped and normal version of this?

Hello. I have some really important stuff to do. This means I will be away for the forum for at least a month (from 8.5.14). 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

The new update looks a lot better, but what is the actual difference between the stripped and normal version of this?

Stripped one is a little smaller, personally I'd go with the unstripped version as its only a few KB different.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
Ok, Thanks :)

Hello. I have some really important stuff to do. This means I will be away for the forum for at least a month (from 8.5.14). 

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Seems cool xD

krishang3

krishang3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:lots
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I find this much better than the present ply store this is lighter, smoother and much user friendly.

Thanks, If I helped in anyway don't forget to rep me :)

Alkafer

Alkafer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@Alkafer
Ok, this is weird. Since I install this market, I can't install any apk from outside the market. The "install" button doesn't work, I touch it again an again and it doesn't highlight. But I can play the "cancel" button without problem. Can anyone please try it?
See you!

Alkafer

Alkafer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Sorry, double post.

Edited by Alkafer, 27 April 2013 - 08:48 AM.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
nice, thanks.

Prog_Drummer

Prog_Drummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 5
Thanks for this Kyan,

When trying to install apk via adb I get error: 'INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS'. Do I have to delete the older version of play store first and then install as a system app or just as normal?

Thanks

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

Thanks for this Kyan,

When trying to install apk via adb I get error: 'INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS'. Do I have to delete the older version of play store first and then install as a system app or just as normal?

Thanks

You can just install it as a normal apk, you don't need adb or any system app voodoo.

Alkafer

Alkafer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Ok, this is weird. Since I install this market, I can't install any apk from outside the market. The "install" button doesn't work, I touch it again an again and it doesn't highlight. But I can play the "cancel" button without problem. Can anyone please try it?
See you!

OK, nevermind, I reboot the phone and it works now.
This is a very nice update, useful and beauty. Thanks Kyan!

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
How do we install the .apk?
Thanks

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

How do we install the .apk?
Thanks

Really? :ph34r:

Ok, you need to download a file explorer. Find the apk, click it, install. You may have to allow "Unknown apps" to be installed, it will prompt you if it isn't allowed so no worries.

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, ICT, Android
  • Devices:Moto G (4.4.2 UK RETAIL)
  • Twitter:@Saiem1337
Thanks Kyan once again
This is much smoother and vivid

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Really? :ph34r:

Ok, you need to download a file explorer. Find the apk, click it, install. You may have to allow "Unknown apps" to be installed, it will prompt you if it isn't allowed so no worries.

Thanks, its something ive never done before. Do i just put the play store.apk on my sd card and then install from there?

deki032

deki032

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G 300
  • Twitter:@deki032
@jamie
yes this is the way..

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

Thanks, its something ive never done before. Do i just put the play store.apk on my sd card and then install from there?

Yes

nobody008

nobody008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 Aus Version
Thanks Kyan This version is soooo much better

Rom Currently using
Posted Image

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
Kyan, on downloading an update for catlog, I have these permissions: Attached File  1367144785107.jpg   46.65KB   25 downloadsAttached File  1367144799288.jpg   65.78KB   25 downloads
Just wondering, Does this superuser permission come as default with the new play store?

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users