What have I done?

Guest soulhand

Guest soulhand

I turned off the phone in the plane. In the taxi to the hotel, I turned it on again, and must have held some buttons down or something.

I got a gray bar, slowly turning pink, and now I seem to be back to the (original?) Huawei firmware (and recovery).

What did I do? Can I reverse it, or do I just install Cyagenomod (I guess it was time for a wipe and re-install anyway).

Will I need to re-root?

Paul

Guest plewis1981

Hi soulhand.

You have done a force update ( by pressing both volume bottoms and power.

This will return you phone to stock, so you will need to re root and reinstall CWM if you had them.

Also DELETE dload folder from SD card as this contains the update itself. If you try to force update without the appropriate files you will just get a pink screen and you will need to do a battery pull.

Hope this helps, sorry for your loss.

Guest soulhand

This will return you phone to stock, so you will need to re root and reinstall CWM if you had them.

Thanks. I'd started on that before your reply and things are mostly back (installed Dazzazo's 10.1 R4, latest CWM etc). Just need gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip to download, it's taking 2 hours!

Then Gobackup install and a restore, I hope. I'll have lost about two weeks stuff, could be worse. Nothing else to do while sitting in the hotel, really :)

Paul

Guest Rico_89

When you're done make a nandroid back up, that way you can get up and running even faster the next time your phone takes a mystery taxi ride. :ph34r: