soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand
I just (re-) installed CM10.1 and used Gobackup to restore the wifi settings (I suspect this was my error).

Now wifi won't turn on.

How do I get it working again?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
It might be a problem with GO backup, as that often causes wi-fi problems.
Try going to /data/misc/wifi/ with file manager and then deleting wpa_supplicant.conf

Also delete
bcm_supp.conf in data/wifi/

Edited by george109, 29 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Using giffgaff? Well, switch to 3. Its better in every way!

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
Make a nandroid first though, as then you can restore it if it does not work

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand
I did a factory reset then another restore without the wifi setttings, and that seemed to work.

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
Restoring wifi settings using GoBackup on CM10.1 based roms does not work. It breaks the wifi like you found out.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
They really need to disable that feature, as it causes lots of problems...

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Did I help you?

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
This happened with me. Try Make a wifi access points backup with this app: https://play.google....swords&hl=pt_PT

And after restore it in CM10.1, and works ;) I tested it and works ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users