Photo

Did you buy a Nook Simple Touch - share your adventures here!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

ghostofcain

ghostofcain

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s3
  • Twitter:@ghostocain
Bizarre experience with Argos here, tried to purchase one for delivery on saturday night. Showed as not available but allowed me to complete the purchase, although I then got a message saying that they had been unable to check stock so expect an email confirming order (which may take up to a couple of hours) no email received but did receive an email from quidco saying I had failed to complete a purchase at argos. Fast forward to this morning and Yodel have delivered my Nook, very strange behaviour.

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
w00t nook! At last, postman arrived half an hour ago with my nook, ordered about 3 weeks back from Foyles. It's on charge now so I'll get tinkering later if I get a mo.

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
Those using calibre, where are you buying books from? Everything I'm finding is loaded with DRM and I can't seem to touch with it

Abnormal1

Abnormal1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3

Those using calibre, where are you buying books from? Everything I'm finding is loaded with DRM and I can't seem to touch with it

Google Apprentice Alf's Blog and it will solve the DRM issue.

derei

derei

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Just got my Nook Simple Touch... now reading about how to root, the actual benefits of rooting this ereader... Can't wait ! :D
This is my second Android device ever... and since my first (a Huawei Phone), now I feel a little more confident and curious about...
I think I won't root it today, now is just learning time. Wish me luck ! :D

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
Good luck! Best you read, read and read again. Then once more. Only then do you root!

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega

I know it's an old thread but it's just a heads up to those that ordered from B&N directly.  They seem to have charged me for my nooks again in November, spoke to the credit card company and it's apparently not just me so those who ordered directly it might be worth double checking your statements and informing your bank if they've done it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users