69 replies to this topic

radu_sergiu

radu_sergiu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510
So, for step 4 i will install b165 update even i have g510 0100 b170 vodafone romania only for root purpose. After rooting i wll not do anything...i hope that i understood well. In this evening i will try it. I will inform you about result.thanks a lot joba!!!
LE i will put that update file in folder dload from sdcard and after that i will press from my phone update from sd card. Am i right?

Edited by radu_sergiu, 17 May 2013 - 08:32 AM.

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

So, for step 4 i will install b165 update even i have g510 0100 b170 vodafone romania only for root purpose. After rooting i wll not do anything...i hope that i understood well. In this evening i will try it. I will inform you about result.thanks a lot joba!!!

Hi.. i could only provide you the information ...how i root my phone .. and i use the same tutorial ..for my german phone / version G510 - 0100 b170. Remember that everything you try in this direction is at own risk.
But for me it is working perfectly... :-) All the best and goog luck to u

radu_sergiu

radu_sergiu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Danke!

radu_sergiu

radu_sergiu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Victory !!! Thank you guys, thank you JOBA !

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
Hands up all you UK owners who have managed to root their phone with the bootloader still locked?

Edited by Voxpop2011, 19 May 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Badinternet.jpg

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510
*Raises hand*

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
In that case can you walk me through the tutorial - see my earlier comment re not being able to download one of the components.

Thanks

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Badinternet.jpg

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I just followed these steps below.. you don't need the B173 boot.img..
1) Install the G510 drivers on your computer: http://www.solidfile...m/d/c22779a3f2/

2) Install the Unlock Root 3.1 on your computer: http://www.solidfile...m/d/53794302f9/

3) Install the boot.img Update.app with the B165: http://www.solidfile...m/d/c32cf84149/ in the usual way from SD card. (start phone holding power, vol up and vol down.)

Boot.img ** If the B165 does not work well, try the B170: http://www.solidfile...m/d/8bbd3b75e1/

5) Start the phone, go to "Settings> Development" and activate the "USB debugging".

6) Connect your phone to your computer and run the program Unlock Root. When the phone is detected, click "ROOT". When finished close the program, unplug the cable and restart the phone

Edited by Combat Gerbil, 19 May 2013 - 08:27 PM.

damo23

damo23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7,g510,g300,NST,MTK 6577
raise hand

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

3) Install the boot.img Update.app with the B165: http://www.solidfile...m/d/c32cf84149/ in the usual way from SD card. (start phone holding power, vol up and vol down.)

The screen sticks on the Huawei logo everytime and I have to pull the battery. :(

Badinternet.jpg

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

The screen sticks on the Huawei logo everytime and I have to pull the battery. :(

Try the B170: http://www.solidfile...m/d/8bbd3b75e1/ instead.. that may work for you.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
Sorry, I think you have misunderstood my problem. I cannot actually install either update.

Badinternet.jpg

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
So after you have turned off the phone, (and if not disabled fastboot removed the battery for a few seconds) You then restart the phone holding down the power up vol and down vol you get the huawei logo not the pink loading line that indicates the phone is accessing the update file. Which you cave copied to the sd card inside the dload folder.

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
One question! What happens if you stay at the Chinese boot image?
Du you have the boot loader unlocked after this?
Are there eni nus effects?

This is important because it cud enable us to really unlock the phone & maintain warranty!

munzab

munzab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 9100 & spv e100
anybody knows how to make a backup copy of my current rom from vodafone ireland so that if something happens, i can get back to it?ive already unlocked bootloader and rooted the phone. thanks!

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

So after you have turned off the phone, (and if not disabled fastboot removed the battery for a few seconds) You then restart the phone holding down the power up vol and down vol you get the huawei logo not the pink loading line that indicates the phone is accessing the update file. Which you cave copied to the sd card inside the dload folder.

Sorry, but I really don't get this. The update is on my sd card, which contains two folders. One has has two dots and the other is called dload. I have no idea how to unpack the update. I actually managed to boot into a screen with the combination of volume DOWN and the on button, However, all I saw was a bright pink screen with no discernible activity. Clearly I don't know enough to follow this root method without some of the blanks being filled in. :(

Badinternet.jpg

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
You need to start the phone holding down the power + vol up and vol down ... all three buttons. the phone should then run the update file.

Hassams

Hassams

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510-0200
Hey guys, I have g510-0200 and I don't wanna void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader. So my question is, is this method wanna give me root access without installing a custom recovery and unlocking the bootloader. Well In my opinion if anyone has root than a custom recovery is very important. I really don't care about custom roms as right now not a single one is worth a try. Check screenshot.....

Attached Files

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
The thing is that with root metod when you flash the Chinese kernel & then root you actually have all the boot loader is unlocked at that point so you can & do lock it back with flashing back international kernel!

The real question is du the Chinese kernel case problems?
If not that is it really! You can play & after all flash back recovery & lock the boot loader so you still have the warranty!
It's posable & to unroot this way!

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

You need to start the phone holding down the power + vol up and vol down ... all three buttons. the phone should then run the update file.

Okay, I did this and the phone [again] booted into a bright pink screen on which I could see nothing happening. I left it alone for a couple of minutes on the assumption that something might be happening that I can't see. I pulled the battery to restart the phone, but when I tried to run the Unroot program, it returned the error message 'Failed to get shell root, please use the services of our professional root' for which you have to pay. :angry: Something underhand seems to be going on here.

No root for me then, at least not with this method. :(

Edited by Voxpop2011, 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Badinternet.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users