69 replies to this topic

radu_sergiu

radu_sergiu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G510
I faced the same issue. But joba helped me with post #38.

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 & G510, ZTE Blade

Okay, I did this and the phone [again] booted into a bright pink screen on which I could see nothing happening. I left it alone for a couple of minutes on the assumption that something might be happening that I can't see. I pulled the battery to restart the phone, but when I tried to run the Unroot program, it returned the error message 'Failed to get shell root, please use the services of our professional root' for which you have to pay. :angry: Something underhand seems to be going on here.

No root for me then, at least not with this method. :(

How come you still haven't got a bootloader unlock? Are you opting not to go for it or are you unable to?

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Huawei G510 Stock 4.1 > TouchMe v7 + AOSP Mod
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
ZTE Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > MCR r3 | Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (
Replaced)
T-Mobile Pulse (Lots) > FLB2 > CM7 > CM6.1, Clockwork Recovery

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510
The steps we've done for root don't require the bootloader unlock... there is a seperate set of instructions for root and boot...
I don't know what Voxpop2011 is doing wrong to get a pinkscreen when trying to run the update.app..

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
I am doing as you suggest at post 57. I don't know why I am getting a solid pink screen as opposed to the line. I will keep trying, but this is beginning to look like the problems I had unlocking and rooting the Skate.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Badinternet.jpg

andy/newbie

andy/newbie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:huawie g510,rk3066 tablet
U need to make sure its only the download folder to root of SD card.not the rar file

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510
I think I now know what you mean thanks to Andy.. maybe... have you un zipped (unrar) the file first. for this you would need "winrar" to unzip it then copy the dload folder itself to the sdcard. you could use a file explorer such as "ES file explorer" to un rar the file directly on the phone. then make sure to copy the dload folder to the root of the card.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
Right, I have FINALLY got root. However, the phone is constantly 'logging out'. When I enter my PINs (sim and screen lock) I see for a fraction of a second a message that begins with 'Scattered'. Anyone know what this is and how to remedy it?

Ta

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Badinternet.jpg

Phrank

Phrank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi guys, new user. I'm trying to follow this topic, but all of the download links on Solidfiles seem to be dead. Does anyone have working links for the files I need to root my 510 please?

Tosty55

Tosty55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:S3 mini, g510
Hey, I rooted the G510-0100 with Cydia Impactor (only rooted it to activate the battery percentage in build.prop) and the phone just got wrecked, battery wouldnt charge, or display charge, apps wouldnt download and just so slow, unrooted with the SuperSU built in unroot and phone works good now, though still feels a bit laggy...

Signed...

SH3H1

SH3H1

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100
Yes...that rooting method is really a mess :wacko:
It only makes the phone worse than ever :(
I did it and soft bricked once :D
Now unlocked bootloader flashed TWRP and playing with FusionX ROM ;)
All is good so far with the phone :)
It's now fast,battery friendly and stable without any problem in functionality. :D

It's the problem with the rooting method i think.
It just gives root access but no full root access :wacko:

I really am confused of that thing :D

Newbies please don't try it...i did it and just **cked my phone ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users