receiving call delay on stock rom?

Guest kogos

Guest kogos

I'm having the weirdest problem with my new blade3... It is as stock as it can be... not even connected to wifi, even google account is not added yet...

When receiving a call, i get 1-2 sec delay before the other side can here me... So, i pick up the phone, i say "hello", the other side hears nothing... I have to say "hello" twice. It is very annoying, and i'm trying to figure out if its rom or hardware related. This never happens when i am making the call, only when i receive a call. Anybody can help with this???

I am on stock Greek rom:

ro.build.display.id=P772N10_COSMOTEV1.0.0B01

ro.build.version.release=4.0.4

ro.build.date=Thu Oct 11 11:05:00 CST 2012

ro.product.model=Blade III

ro.product.name=P772N10_COSMOTE

Guest kogos

that's not the point actually... anybody had any similar problem that got solved by using a custom rom?

Edited by kogos

Guest bigbluetaurus
Yeah it also does that on Aurora Borealis and the WorldEndBefore rom but not the cm roms...

I have no such problem with Aurora...

Guest kogos

search at google call delay patch !!!

call delay patch is not working on blade3...

I also tested several other 4.0.4 roms, aurora being one of them, official or custom... problem exists in all of them. Did not try any CM roms, since i need the FM Radio which will not work on CM (or am i wrong?)...

Guest bigbluetaurus

You are right. FM does not work on CM. But the problem with the delay persists in Aurora?

My opinion is, you should also just try CM, to see if the problem persists. Then you can return to Aurora or stock to find a solution. :)

Guest kogos

good call... i tried that...

On any ICS 4.0.4 based rom, including aurora or any other official rom, the problem with the delay IS there...

However, CM10.1 does NOT have this problem. So, the problem is software based and not hardware... I will get my phone to service anyway and ask for a replacement or a repair, because i read all around the internet that this problem is not universal with all blade3 devices... Some say that they have this problem, some others dont, and they are all on stock rom. So, although it is software based problem, it doesn't seem to affect all devices.

Guest kogos

It's not only you. Iphones, nexus4, some lg devices, sony arc, samsung galaxy S, and some more devices have this problem. In most cases, this is solved with a simple update, but there is no official update for our blade3, since 4.0.4 is the updated version. I also sent an email to zte and they said that they will only release an update about this if they have enough feedback from network providers, but i doubt that providers will send any feedback to them. I tried all providers in my country just to make sure it's not network related.

My device is now on service. I will wait to get it back and investigate more. Some nexus4 got fixed with service, but i cant be sure if these were update or not while repairing them.

Guest fleky

I had this problem on the stock telenor rom, but not on the Aurora. I have it on aurora as well. :/

Edited by fleky

Guest kogos

i just finished testing every official or custom firmware there is... the delay problem happens with all 4.0.4 zte based roms, that includes aurora... but not with cm10/10.1 roms... I run the test with 2 different blades, one bought from greece and one from hungary, but i also tried all other operator's/countries' roms.

Anyway... i think that's just something we have to live with, at least until cm roms get fm radio (if that will happen sometime)...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kogos

updates on this: i contacted zte china and my provider that sells this phone in my country. ZTE will not release an update about this, unless the provider asks them to. So, my provider will now test and see if this is a problem with all devices (which they should) and after that they will ask for an update from ZTE (jb update most probably 4.1.2, something that devs, especially Konsta, will be very interested in)... I'll update this if needed with any new info that might come the following days

Guest KonstaT

updates on this: i contacted zte china and my provider that sells this phone in my country. ZTE will not release an update about this, unless the provider asks them to. So, my provider will now test and see if this is a problem with all devices (which they should) and after that they will ask for an update from ZTE (jb update most probably 4.1.2, something that devs, especially Konsta, will be very interested in)... I'll update this if needed with any new info that might come the following days

Proper Jelly Bean update would be very interesting indeed. Just as long it's not hacked together like the official 4.1/4.2 previews on N880E.

On my wishlist would be a proper Linux 3.4 kernel (with source code of course) and camera proprietaries that utilize ion memory allocator. Otherwise I wouldn't care... ;)

Guest kogos

some updates on this: i was contacted by phone from my local ZTE dealer. They told me that they saw the problem with all devices and are now working together with ZTE China to fix it. They will also keep me updated of any changes. They also told me that they will call me tomorrow morning for a possible fix, or to tell me ETA on the fix. I have no idea if it's gonna be an updated jb rom or a bug free ics... we'll see. I'll keep the forum posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kogos

New updates: i got a call from my local dealer (greece) and they told me they have a new updated rom available. They are now testing it and in couple of days i'm gonna get the update ota (they asked for my imei for that reason). Of course, i'm gonna back it up and share it asap so that devs can see if they can benefit from it. Again, the person i spoke with had no idea if it's a new 4.1.2 or a fixed/patched 4.0.4. We'll see

Edited by kogos

Guest KonstaT

New updates: i got a call from my local dealer (greece) and they told me they have a new updated rom available. They are now testing it and in couple of days i'm gonna get the update ota (they asked for my imei for that reason). Of course, i'm gonna back it up and share it asap so that devs can see if they can benefit from it. Again, the person i spoke with had no idea if it's a new 4.1.2 or a fixed/patched 4.0.4. We'll see

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up in it being Jelly Bean because of the given timeframe. Unless they've been planning on JB update all along... ;)

Lol, I just wrote a well worded email to ZTE about GPL and importance of open source after I saw that there was a 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware/update with 3.4 kernel for Kis Pro on ZTE website. This device has board name 'nice' and we can also build for 'nice' from the kernel source we currently have. Well, after further inspection it turned out that this device is msm8x55 instead being msm7x25a like Kis. It's no use for us even if they release the source. :P

It looks like ZTE is now coming up with their new crap-end line of devices (msm8x55 chipset, Blade III Pro, Kis Pro) with Jelly Bean 4.1 and 3.4 kernel. It might mean that their abandoning their msm7x27a line of devices and there won't be an update to Jelly Bean. ZTE promised 4.1 update for Skate Acqua (basically this same device) to be released before Christmas last year and it never happened...

Also please upload the OTA package somewhere when you receive it. There's been an OTA update from B08 to B10 here in Finland. I never received it myself because I've basically never been on stock. :P I also asked people to upload it on finnish forum but no one has bothered...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kogos

I just got an ota update that fixed call delay problems for good. The update is only 29mb and its not jb , as expected. But the problem is fixed. Phone feels a bit faster, but maybe that's just me.

I cant find where the fix is downloaded to share it to merge it with aurora. In greece, we were on B01, now it's B02. I remind you all that all official roms i have tried used to have the call delay problem. This is the only one that fixed it.

Konsta, would a clean nandroid be any good for you to check if you can make something out of it? If not, a rom dump or something? I wanna share it... My guess is that pretty soon it's gonna be on zte site too.

Edited by kogos

Guest KonstaT

I just got an ota update that fixed call delay problems for good. The update is only 29mb and its not jb , as expected. But the problem is fixed. Phone feels a bit faster, but maybe that's just me.

I cant find where the fix is downloaded to share it to merge it with aurora. In greece, we were on B01, now it's B02. I remind you all that all official roms i have tried used to have the call delay problem. This is the only one that fixed it.

Konsta, would a clean nandroid be any good for you to check if you can make something out of it? If not, a rom dump or something? I wanna share it... My guess is that pretty soon it's gonna be on zte site too.

Can you find the OTA package that you received? Also a system.ext4.tar(.a) from a CWM backup will be just fine too.

It should probably be fixed in /system/lib/hw/audio.primary.msm7627a.so and/or /system/lib/hw/audio_policy.msm7627a.so so you can try switching those libs to another stock ROMs.

Guest kogos

To get my hands on the update.zip file i had to get back to the previous version, then do the OTA update but not restart the phone to apply it... then i grabbed it from the cache partition.

KonstaT, i will share it with PM because i fear that people will start flashing the update with other countries' official roms, and i don't know the consequences of that yet.

Edited by kogos