KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 & G510, ZTE Blade

But first you have to root the phone?

Yes

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Huawei G510 Stock 4.1 > TouchMe v7 + AOSP Mod
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
ZTE Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > MCR r3 | Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (
Replaced)
T-Mobile Pulse (Lots) > FLB2 > CM7 > CM6.1, Clockwork Recovery

medinstpro

medinstpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:g510

Remove the Huawei lockscreen

Bleugh.. I don't like the Huawei 4-way lockscreen but there isn't an option to select the original stock Jelly Bean lockscreen. Or is there?...

Dead simple this. Open Settings, then Manage Apps, then slide over to All. Find Huawei Unlock, press it then hit the Force Stop button then the Disable button.

Now back in Settings go to Security then Screen lock. Set this to Huawei unlock (trust me here).

Press power button to turn phone off. Turn it back on and hey presto. Stock lockscreen :D

Now you may notice that the lockscreen has a different wallpaper to your homescreen. Easy to change. Open the Themes application then hit Customize Current Theme. Hit Lock Screen then select Use home screen wallpaper. Done!

search string with "lock" in build.prop :)

does anyone know how to edit the shortcuts on the default android lockscreen?

Edited by medinstpro, 05 June 2013 - 08:30 AM.

jackosterman

jackosterman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Speaking of Themes, has anyone here successfully uninstalled/frozen HwThemeManager.apk? Not that I'm looking for guinea pigs exactly, but I'll admit I'm a little weary to try myself, not knowing exactly how deep certain aspects of Emotion UI runs within the device.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
I've uninstalled it, along with the emotion ui. Running nova, most of the Huawei bloat gone.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

idaa

idaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i don't like the fact that my background is divided in 4 sections (or how ever many pages you have) so does anyone know how i can change that? so i have the same image in the background?

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
I have installed an aftermarket launcher, which means that I can just forget about the Huawei interface.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

megan23

megan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:huawei

Bleugh.. I don't like the Huawei 4-way lockscreen but there isn't an option to select the original stock Jelly Bean lockscreen. Or is there?...

Dead simple this. Open Settings, then Manage Apps, then slide over to All. Find Huawei Unlock, press it then hit the Force Stop button then the Disable button.

Now back in Settings go to Security then Screen lock. Set this to Huawei unlock (trust me here).

Press power button to turn phone off. Turn it back on and hey presto. Stock lockscreen :D

Now you may notice that the lockscreen has a different wallpaper to your homescreen. Easy to change. Open the Themes application then hit Customize Current Theme. Hit Lock Screen then select Use home screen wallpaper. Done!

megan23

megan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

megan23

megan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

megan23

megan23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You say to find Huawei unlock in manage apps and all but I can't seem to find Huawei unlock

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
It's definitely there make sure you are swiped to the right to all apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

carlosirai

carlosirai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

To get rid of a fair bit of Huawei theming, change

ro.config.hwheme from 1 to 0

I havent that line in my build.prop in owner of a y300-0151 runing b165 stock rooted

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
I was able to dispense with the Huawei lock screen via the security setting. I set a pin lock, although here is also the option for a pattern lock. You might even be able to have no lock at all.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

menace3uk

menace3uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100

So, I thought I'd start a little thread off. It'll be a collection of tips & tricks for getting the best out of the stock G510.

I'll start with one tip that I've already found to be quite useful. The phone comes with 4GB of storage which is shared up between the ROM, system DATA, app DATA so the actual amount of space left for apps is rather poor. Because of this you may find that several larger apps will just fail to install even after you've added a microSD card.

The phone is rather quirky with regards to storage - as I've found out. The best tip to sorting this out is to insert an 8GB or 16GB microSD card (the bigger the better) - and one that is at least Class 6 - into the phone then open Settings then Storage. Change Default storage location to the SD card and the phone will give you a warning. Accept this warning and wait for the system to set the microSD up for you. Once it has been set up you'll find that the microSD is now your default app storage so anything you install should be movable to the microSD rather than the internal storage.

Until I did this I was finding that it wasn't possible to move any apps to the microSD card. A bug or intentional behavior.. who knows.

menace3uk

menace3uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
Thanks, the SD link had baffled me :-)

newestuser

newestuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300

To get rid of a fair bit of Huawei theming, change

ro.config.hwheme from 1 to 0

For some reason i cant save the changes in the build.prop file, i have rooted my phone and granted permission, tried root explorer and es file explorers, both do not save the changes.

Mohamed yousof

Mohamed yousof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How can I get alert for battery fully charged in ascend g510

SH3H1

SH3H1

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

How can I get alert for battery fully charged in ascend g510

There is an option in gravitybox i believe :lol:

Mohamed yousof

Mohamed yousof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

There is an option in gravitybox i believe :lol:

I didn't know what's gravitybox is :) but I found it in this link http://forum.xda-dev...ndroid-t2316070  but I'm afraid of using it to harm my rom , any other option?

jonmac73

jonmac73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Fran - Huawei G510

Thanks again Flibblesan

Just rec'd warranty replacement G510 and couldn't remember how to get rid of the Huawei screen lock - priceless info.

Now have standard Android lockscreen, with KK background and KK Launcher.

UK Orange San Fran Gen2 TPT'd running CM9 ECO

UK Huawei Ascend G510 running stock 4.1.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users