Secret codes

Guest bryanbal

Guest bryanbal

Hi,

I had the g300 before this phone and was able to use the menu*#*#4636#*#* to change to wcdma preferred. This option doesnt work on this phone. I havent rooted so maybe thats the problem. Also an R for roaming often comes up on my signal, can i turn this off?

Thanks

Guest bladebuddy
Hi,

I had the g300 before this phone and was able to use the menu*#*#4636#*#* to change to wcdma preferred. This option doesnt work on this phone. I havent rooted so maybe thats the problem. Also an R for roaming often comes up on my signal, can i turn this off?

Thanks

4636v2 download from Google play lets you do exactly that plus pritty sure it doesn't require root.

Guest bladebuddy
Downloaded 4636 v2 but it doesnt open?

You could also try "mobileuncle tools" also from Google play but that requires root I believe.

Maybe there is some way you can activate the secret menu. J

Guest bryanbal

Try this one: *#*#2846579#*#*

Ya that code opens a menu for me. But i dont really know what options im meant to look at to turn on this setting.

Thanks

Guest ZolaIII

The *#*#2846579#*#* code opens a menu whit 2 options, first one is some test. The other one is very useful one it opens up menu for in depth informations about phone hardware, software & telephoni! It's very useful for developers! For instance it's nice to know that they used Samsungs nand chips for internal storage!

Nice one!

Guest bryanbal

Still no answers. My signal bar has an R for roaming most of the time now. Is there any other setting that should be on to get rid of this. Thanks