HELP my ZTE skate can't boot

Guest rugen123

Guest rugen123

can someone help me with my problem on my zte skate? my phone only shows android logo when press power button.. vol up + menu + power button shows recovery with four choices.. vol down + menu + power button shows FTM.. i tried the TFT and try to flash a rom but it didn't work. it only shows the recovery with four choices..

thanks for those who will read my post..

Guest omegavesko

Are you sure you're pressing the right buttons? Volume up + home + power is the recovery combo, volume up + menu + power is to flash a TPT.

Guest honigfisch

I think that you flashed android recovery.

The easiest way would be to download a tpt from amphoras. The v2a tpt / option 2 at his thread.

After that unzip the file on your pc and make sure that there is no folder on your sd of your phone named "image". Now copy the "image" folder on your sd and put the battery out for 5 secs and put it back in. Now hold the volume + button and the menu button (middle)

Hold these two buttons and now press the power button too until the t-flash starts. Now just wait until it finishs it. It will auto. boot into cwm. Now you will not have any system so you have to flash custon rom.

After you finished - delete the image folder on your sd

Edited by honigfisch

Guest rugen123

i've done that too but still doesn't work. i guess i have a folder named "image" in my internal memory. does that matter? cause it can't flash the image in my external sd card.

Guest themarkoface

Hi, I see that you tried over the IMAGE.BIN

at first format your SD Card. and try it Again...

If that doesn't work at all...

The second way is to check if you have FTM mode... Turn of a phone and hold the fingers on VOL DOWN + POW ON button for 4-5 secounds. After that you have to connect a phone with PC via USB cable and to install drivers for FTM Mode. And then download Update tool for ZTE Skate and install a new ROM via Update tool.

If that won't work again send me an EMail on [email protected] and I'll Explain you one more way to try to install it.

Edited by themarkoface

Guest rugen123

Hi,

at first format your SD Card.

I suggest you to install BIN install extension cause it's the easiest way. So install Ceco's Skatie Custom ROM 1.1

Copy on SD card Image/Image.bin, TURN OFF the phone and press the VOL UP + MENU Button + POW ON button at the same time and hold fingers on that buttons about 2-3 seconds and installation will start automatically...

i've tried flashing the generic roms and some custom roms but still i can't flash using TPT. it always brings me to android system recovery when i press the vol up + menu + power. i will try that skatie if it will work.. thanks.

Guest rugen123

Hi, at first format your SD Card.

I suggest you to install BIN install extension cause it's the easiest way. So install Ceco's Skatie Custom ROM 1.1

Copy on SD card Image/Image.bin, TURN OFF the phone and press the VOL UP + MENU Button + POW ON button at the same time and hold fingers on that buttons about 2-3 seconds and installation will start automatically...

If that doesn't work at all...

The second way is to check if you have FTM mode... Turn of a phone and hold the fingers on VOL DOWN + POW ON button for 4-5 secounds. After that you have to connect a phone with PC via USB cable and to install drivers for FTM Mode. And then download Update tool for ZTE Skate and install a new ROM via Update tool.

i have FTM mode.. the problem is my computer can't download the right driver for my phone. it can't be recognize, it says "unknown device"

Guest themarkoface

i've tried flashing the generic roms and some custom roms but still i can't flash using TPT. it always brings me to android system recovery when i press the vol up + menu + power. i will try that skatie if it will work.. thanks.

What about FTM MODE???

Guest themarkoface

i have FTM mode.. the problem is my computer can't download the right driver for my phone. it can't be recognize, it says "unknown device"

But does the PC recognize your phone as Any undetected device when you connect it via USB cable? Do you hear that sound like you are connecting any device?

Edited by themarkoface

Guest themarkoface

it is very important that USB connection is working and that that is good and that your PC can recognize you mobile as Any device. So if it works just install Update tool and everything will be solved quickly. If you can't find the drivers, contact me on MAIL [email protected] and I'll give you a link

Edited by themarkoface

Guest rugen123

it is very important that USB connection is working and that that is good and that your PC can recognize you mobile as Any device. So if it works just install Update tool and everything will be solved quickly. If you can't find the drivers, contact me on MAIL [email protected] and I'll give you a link

it says "USB device not recognize" i dont know how it will be recognize.

Guest rugen123

[

when i used update tool it says that no available update package

Guest omegavesko

Strange.. If you're pressing vol up + menu + power, I can't see any reason why it should be launching the Android recovery.

I honestly have no idea what else you can do here, other than trying all possible button combinations to see if some of them will flash the TPT image.

Guest Franck Black

No, ortega16 told me to clarify that type of brick was the solution... and I clarify, as the last resource... when there are no any solution...

Guest rugen123

Yes, the third way... :)

Thanks Franck Black, you spent a lot of time to write this. I appreciate your effort :) Did Ortega16 helped you?

i cant use it. it says "line1 failed please reboot modem manually" i forgot to mention that it's a ZTE skate 4.3h from the philipppines.

Guest rugen123

No, ortega16 told me to clarify that type of brick was the solution... and I clarify, as the last resource... when there are no any solution...

i cant use it. it says "line1 failed please reboot modem manually" i forgot to mention that it's a ZTE skate 4.3h from the philipppines.

Guest rugen123

That's why it doesn't work. What's the model number?

GB_PH_P843V1.0.B03 that's the only thing i know about my phone.. sorry for me being so noob.