Photo

[DEVELOPMENT] Death on the development side ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

I don't really get why people assume that I've abandonned the Skate. I'm going to be perfectly honest here - for anything higher than ICS, the current state is about as good as it will get. That includes stbaility, battery life and things working. It really will not get much better than it is now. And if that is the case what is for me to develop?

And in any case there are nightly builds of CM10.1 at http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org so I don't even need to update CM manually any more.

Afternoon Lalit:), speaking for myself only, I've never assumed anything, Ive just not taken for granted ,your's and C3C0 's free time and personal commitments, and been savvy enough not to myther for something, which at the end of the day, is something yourself and C3C0 share freely. As previously stated by myself, I already feel blessed by your's and C3C0 's work to get the os this far. Anything still forthcoming again, would be classed as a bonus.

As always Thank You. :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

GodShot

GodShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Thanks for the nice words, friend :) Really appreciated.
I am still checking out the development of RB, PA, etc with one eye.
I was about to updated PJ2 this week but stopped the activity after I realised
that the new features (like HALO) have not yet been made available to public.
They are keeping the new features in their private repo.
Anyway, I gave some git/repo merging hints to _SPARL via PM so there's maybe
someone who's going to provide further updates (hopefully).
Eloimuns contacted me, too, but I have no further info about his activities.

Anyway, I am satisfied with the new device. Compared to Skate, it's like driving the space shuttle :D
And 5" IPS HD screen is just amazing.
I even got back to times where we smali hacked custom ROMs.
This means, what I said earlier that I was not interested in customizing stock roms and doing changes
by decompiling/compiling.... Actually, I was wrong :D
And here is my current activity :D
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2249808
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2268120
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2237779

Yes, and it makes some nice pictures, too! http://ceco.sk.eu.org/w8/tuli.jpg

Can you compile one for the CoolPad 7295 plz?

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
That's why i don't like ICS or Jelly Bean ROM's , mainly because they are ports and they aren't stable and bug-free at all . They only bring problems and developers are only sticking to that type of ROM's

Meh , whatever this device shipped with Gingerbread and no official ICS update was made available since the dead times . Baking Custom ROM's for Gingerbread is worth than only porting ROM's. <<<< But Heey that's only my personal opinion , and like H3ROS sad people like what type of ROM's they want :) .

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm really not interested in GB. Period.

Period taken .

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location:hampshire and birmingham (depending on whether at uni or not)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Zte Skate and Blade

Afternoon Lalit:), speaking for myself only, I've never assumed anything, Ive just not taken for granted ,your's and C3C0 's free time and personal commitments, and been savvy enough not to myther for something, which at the end of the day, is something yourself and C3C0 share freely. As previously stated by myself, I already feel blessed by your's and C3C0 's work to get the os this far. Anything still forthcoming again, would be classed as a bonus.

+1

Was literally about to say this.

I didn't mean to imply you should do any future work mate. I was more than happy when we got the radio and data working on ics ages ago :)

The skate has definitely had its prime time (though it obviously still fully usable as a day-to-day device)

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

That's why i don't like ICS or Jelly Bean ROM's , mainly because they are ports and they aren't stable and bug-free at all . They only bring problems and developers are only sticking to that type of ROM's

Meh , whatever this device shipped with Gingerbread and no official ICS update was made available since the dead times . Baking Custom ROM's for Gingerbread is worth than only porting ROM's. <<<< But Heey that's only my personal opinion , and like H3ROS sad people like what type of ROM's they want :) .

They don't "only bring problems". It's a compromise.

I'll take a blazing fast, up-to-date 4.2 ROM over a slower 2.3 ROM if it means I'll have to give up a handful of features.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Ports? That was a good one :)

Evening everybody :)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Good dreams at least ;)

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Evening Matey :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

Good dreams at least ;)

Thanks. On my way to bed :D Tomorrow is a day, too.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Thanks. On my way to bed :D Tomorrow is a day, too.

Tomorrow is gonna be AWESOMENESS .... :D .

Medo3G

Medo3G

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Personally, I NEVER had a customGB Rom, NEVER. I installed CM9 back on March of last year (a few days after getting it) , went for CM10 and have been sticking with PJ for a while. Maybe if we get Halo I may think about ROMs without BT as it's kinda of a deal breaker for me. Yet, I believe that the devs worked hard on these ROMs and for that I am grateful. You made my phone awesome and I can't imagine being stuck with stock GB. I may stick with this phone for a while, so I'm looking forward to the future of it. Thanks for this amazing ride.

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
I had installed GB ROM two weeks back.......everything was fast........but then i opened stock browser and i was back onto JB in 5 mins.......

johnny07mdc

johnny07mdc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Flashing new ROMS
    Technology
  • Devices:zte skate / amb a5 duel sim

+1
On RootBox and happy
Thanks

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location:hampshire and birmingham (depending on whether at uni or not)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Zte Skate and Blade

I had installed GB ROM two weeks back.......everything was fast........but then i opened stock browser and i was back onto JB in 5 mins.......

haha yer had forgot about that.

jb browser or chrome is one million times better :)

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

haha yer had forgot about that.

jb browser or chrome is one million times better :)

You're forgetting that Chrome doesn't work on the Skate. ;)

Everyone keeps saying Chrome is laggy, though. Is that true?

Edited by omegavesko, 10 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Posted Image

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
Personally I love using the full version of the Opera browser. It supports greasemonkey style userscripts and its much faster than the stock browser even with Opera turbo disabled. It seems to work just as well or if not better on Jelly Bean too.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

You're forgetting that Chrome doesn't work on the Skate. ;)

Everyone keeps saying Chrome is laggy, though. Is that true?

Yeah Chrome is kinda laggy on my Sony Xperia S. I prefer the stock browser or Firefox, but I keep Chrome around for syncing bookmarks (which stock browser apparently doesn't do, must be a Sony thing). It's not that Chrome is slow, hard to put my finger on it, it's just not fluent.

Oh and I totally disagree with the OP. For starters there are nearly perfectly working JB roms that you can tweak as much as you want. Once a new version of Android comes around, I bet it won't take 2 weeks before tilal or someone will have a "working" alpha of it for Skate.The only things not working at this point in JB are the camera flash and FM radio (but that was a CM thing, I know CM started supporting FM on my SXS only a few months ago). Both are things I don't miss, with TuneIn radio I'm not as dependent on the FM signal (yeah I have a big data plan so I can use it as much as I like) and the camera flash was crap to start with. Might be that GB has the most performance, but what games can you still play on armv6... I'll admit that some people might like GB more than later versions (I like Android 4.1 more than 4.2), and I'm quite curious about H3ROS's project, but most other GB roms just try to be ICS or JB without being able to.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Yeah Chrome is kinda laggy on my Sony Xperia S. I prefer the stock browser or Firefox, but I keep Chrome around for syncing bookmarks (which stock browser apparently doesn't do, must be a Sony thing). It's not that Chrome is slow, hard to put my finger on it, it's just not fluent.

Oh and I totally disagree with the OP. For starters there are nearly perfectly working JB roms that you can tweak as much as you want. Once a new version of Android comes around, I bet it won't take 2 weeks before tilal or someone will have a "working" alpha of it for Skate.The only things not working at this point in JB are the camera flash and FM radio (but that was a CM thing, I know CM started supporting FM on my SXS only a few months ago). Both are things I don't miss, with TuneIn radio I'm not as dependent on the FM signal (yeah I have a big data plan so I can use it as much as I like) and the camera flash was crap to start with. Might be that GB has the most performance, but what games can you still play on armv6... I'll admit that some people might like GB more than later versions (I like Android 4.1 more than 4.2), and I'm quite curious about H3ROS's project, but most other GB roms just try to be ICS or JB without being able to.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, about FM radio not working:
Posted Image

Edited by omegavesko, 10 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
Speaking of death, this looks like the end of my skate. I dropped it in the sink and it's been in rice for about 4 hours I tried to see if it'd work about five minutes ago but nothing. If it doesn't work I just wanted to say, what an absolutely fantastic community this has been it has made me appreciate deciding to get the skate. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to make the skate what it is today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users