Photo

[DEVELOPMENT] Death on the development side ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Well, today is a a strange day. I bricked my W8 after making a stupid mistake in flashing tool. But miracle happened and I was able to bring it back to life after some hopeless hex editing of preloader. Even managed to revive IMEIs later I lost during the process. Thanks god...

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@@Rattlecan101
Glad you got it working again matey :) just hope I can revive my skate, going to leave it as long as I can in rice and see if it works.

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Well, today is a a strange day. I bricked my W8 after making a stupid mistake in flashing tool. But miracle happened and I was able to bring it back to life after some hopeless hex editing of preloader. Even managed to revive IMEIs later I lost during the process. Thanks god...

I bet your heart beat increased during the whole process, followed by every conceivable emotion. :) Glad you revived it Matey. :)

Glad you got it working again matey :) just hope I can revive my skate, going to leave it as long as I can in rice and see if it works.

Sorry to hear that Matey :( . does it boot at all,even with a blacked out screen ? Or behaving like a paperweight? :)

Edited by plegdroid, 10 May 2013 - 11:51 PM.

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Sorry to hear that Matey :( . does it boot at all,even with a blacked out screen ? Or behaving like a paperweight? :)

Afraid not mate, I dropped it in the sink :( I think it's pretty much completely dead.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Couldn't agree more.

Also, about FM radio not working:
Posted Image

Oh good to know, haven't really been following updates here, time to flash another rom on my mom's phone :)

Speaking of death, this looks like the end of my skate. I dropped it in the sink and it's been in rice for about 4 hours I tried to see if it'd work about five minutes ago but nothing. If it doesn't work I just wanted to say, what an absolutely fantastic community this has been it has made me appreciate deciding to get the skate. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to make the skate what it is today.

I hope you get it working again, would be a shame to lose it like that. We've all grown quite fond of our Skates :).

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

Afraid not mate, I dropped it in the sink :( I think it's pretty much completely dead.

Lalit, dropped his into a river and revived it. So there's hope. :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2

Have you tried using a hair dryer or putting it on a radiator? That might help too

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Hairdryer after the rice fixed mine up. It does need to be in rice with the battery removed for a day or two though.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

GodShot

GodShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Help me on this one C3C0? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2272679

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Thanks guys. It's been stripped down in rice for about 18hrs now, not gonna chance it until Sunday evening then i'll blast it with a hairdryer and we'll see what happens.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Thanks guys. It's been stripped down in rice for about 18hrs now, not gonna chance it until Sunday evening then i'll blast it with a hairdryer and we'll see what happens.

Definitely keep it in rice for as long as possible. Don't try to power it on, because if it's still wet on the inside.. zap.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Yeah, I definitely haven't even thought about powering it up. I've made that mistake with older phones....

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location:hampshire and birmingham (depending on whether at uni or not)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Zte Skate and Blade

You're forgetting that Chrome doesn't work on the Skate. ;)

Everyone keeps saying Chrome is laggy, though. Is that true?

sorry. i wan't clear. i use chrome on the n4 and its fantastic. no lag. one of the nicest changes that i overlooked when moving to armv7.

though the stock browser on the skate is pretty decent too.

i did exactly the same mate (into hot water aswell) Turned it off asap. Removed the battery/sim/sdcard and back. Then towelled it dry with kitchen paper. then in rice for 24 hours. Took it out worked fine (this is about 3 months ago).

so there is hope yet :D

You could always take the board out and clean it properly. When i took my skate fully apart last year there was an unbelievable amount of crap in there. depends how confident you are. i happily take apart laptops and my skate. but my n4 is way too new and shiny to risk atm haha

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Help me on this one C3C0? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2272679

Do you have a backup of all memory blocks including nvram?
That was the first thing I did when I got the phone. It was worth it. It wouldn't be possible to fully revive these memory blocks without having a full backup. So if you don't have yours, your hope is to ask somebody to dump them for you from the same device and then hex-edit to change IMEIs.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
@hugo
Yup. I had recently some fun disassembling my son's HP Pavilion DV6 :D One hell of a puzzle :D

Edited by C3C0, 11 May 2013 - 07:29 PM.

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

sorry. i wan't clear. i use chrome on the n4 and its fantastic. no lag. one of the nicest changes that i overlooked when moving to armv7.

though the stock browser on the skate is pretty decent too.

i did exactly the same mate (into hot water aswell) Turned it off asap. Removed the battery/sim/sdcard and back. Then towelled it dry with kitchen paper. then in rice for 24 hours. Took it out worked fine (this is about 3 months ago).

so there is hope yet :D

You could always take the board out and clean it properly. When i took my skate fully apart last year there was an unbelievable amount of crap in there. depends how confident you are. i happily take apart laptops and my skate. but my n4 is way too new and shiny to risk atm haha

I stripped it down and put it in the rice, just tried turning it on, it boots up but the digitizer still seems to have dampness in it as there are spots where it works and where it doesn't I think the battery is completely borked as it was fully charged when I dropped it and now it won't boot unless plugged in :/ . My contract ends in December as well why it couldn't happen then....

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

I stripped it down and put it in the rice, just tried turning it on, it boots up but the digitizer still seems to have dampness in it as there are spots where it works and where it doesn't I think the battery is completely borked as it was fully charged when I dropped it and now it won't boot unless plugged in :/ . My contract ends in December as well why it couldn't happen then....

Well hey, that's progress. Assuming the digitizer dries properly, you're only out a few quid for the battery.

Posted Image

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Aye, fingers crossed the digitizer does dry properly it's back in rice now. Speaking of batteries can we get bigger capacity ones?

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Aye, fingers crossed the digitizer does dry properly it's back in rice now. Speaking of batteries can we get bigger capacity ones?

Not sure about that. There was one guy a while ago that stuck a comically oversized battery in a Skate and used a case to keep it together, but I'm pretty sure it was a Galaxy Note battery or something.

I'd be wary of any extended batteries for the Skate as it's a Chinese phone, and China made extended batteries tend to be absolutely terrible in 90% of cases. Considering a battery being bad could lead to it exploding, I wouldn't risk it.

Posted Image

SPARL_

SPARL_

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hahaha that's superb. Yeah I've heard some serious horror stories about cheap batteries etc. think i'll just stick with stock :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users