[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest BlueMoonRising

Has anyone who has used the libhoudini upgrade recieved improved performance/more app compatibility?

It did allow the Jetpack addon for Dolphin browser to work(it still crashed later but that's maybe another story).

Guest BlueMoonRising

hi i am trying to root my san diego as i want sixaxis app to work but i dont know the first thing about how to do it i tryed following the instructions download file installed patch start up program only gives me options to download ics,deodex and themes and i dont know what all that means lol can any one give me some advice on how to do it in simple terms

Are you on Xolo or Orange ICS?

Guest BlueMoonRising

trying to downgrade so i can root my phone it keeps coming up with a message saying cant find files and a osip error what does that mean

The upgrade was for Xolo ICS only, stop using it if you're on Orange.

Guest DGCmondo

The upgrade was for Xolo ICS only, stop using it if you're on Orange.

lol oh right so how comes i cant root my phone then press the root button it ask to restore my phone i allow and it starts for a few seconds then stops any ideas how to fix it please

iv updated first page cleaned it up a little and added a manual please read it as hopefully it will stop the same questions being asked over and over

Thanks for that I am sure the guide will help a lot of people.

I think there is one small issue though, The downloading of the setup files needs to be done before the patch is applied as if it is done afterwards it tries to put the downloaded files into folders that no longer exist.In partucular i had to manually extract the deodexed files and place them into the correct folders.

Guest Ced_Gee

I've managed to run into some problems. I flashed the Xolo ICS fine, then rooted the device without any problems. Unfortunately when I tried to deodex the phone it rebooted and is now stuck on the Xolo splash screen. When I connect the phone to my PC and run the AIO tool it says 'error - device not found' so I'm unable to try the brick fix.

What should I try next?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Ced_Gee

Got it sorted, killed the abd process and the brick fix worked.

A couple of questions though, when I installed the aiotools the download menu didnt show up; also, inside the C:\SanDiego folder all the folders apart from the batch file have disappeared. I managed to get them to show up by rebooting my pc but now they have gone again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Guest Simon O

ricky: Just been thinking about the unbranded pack I did for the Xolo ROM. I think it would be more beneficial and generally better all round if this was integrated into your pack as a script that simply removes all the bundled apps & Xolo apps and restores some stock apps like removing SocialGallery and replacing with the stock ICS gallery app.

What do you think?

Guest Simon O

Has anyone who has used the libhoudini upgrade recieved improved performance/more app compatibility?

I certainly have. I had problems with some Unity-based games not working such as Paper Monsters. You shouldn't notice any performance improvements but you will get better compatibility with ARM only apps.

Does any one know how to remove the GPU mod fix applied through the tool.

I have the Mod applied and want to remove it now but no idea how??

Edit : I have tried to replace it the libLGESv2 file with the one from Paul's system dump, but the phone gets stuck in a boot loop.

just removing the modded libGLes V2 also send the phone in a boot loop?

Edited by mr.a

Guest FullXon

Hi, this is my first post on MoDaCo

Ive bought a san diego direct from orange, and it's turning up on thursday, and i thought i would prepare to flash Xolo ics onto it when it arrives (cant stand orange :/)

I downloaded your tool (thanks a lot btw for providing it) and i attempted an install by first installing the base exe and then the patch.

after dragging both to C: and installing, i found the C:\sandiego folder contained only a single bat, which started a daemon process and looked for my device.

Thinking this was odd, i installed only the base and found a lot more folders in the sandiego root folder, but no way to download the ICS files, as i was presented with no setup procedure like the manual states.

after installling the patch, the folders dissapeared and the bat looked like a shortcut.

Have i done something wrong?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi, this is my first post on MoDaCo

Ive bought a san diego direct from orange, and it's turning up on thursday, and i thought i would prepare to flash Xolo ics onto it when it arrives (cant stand orange :/)

I downloaded your tool (thanks a lot btw for providing it) and i attempted an install by first installing the base exe and then the patch.

after dragging both to C: and installing, i found the C:\sandiego folder contained only a single bat, which started a daemon process and looked for my device.

Thinking this was odd, i installed only the base and found a lot more folders in the sandiego root folder, but no way to download the ICS files, as i was presented with no setup procedure like the manual states.

after installling the patch, the folders dissapeared and the bat looked like a shortcut.

Have i done something wrong?

You'll find everything should have been moved into C:\SanDiego\tools

Run setup.bat from there to download the necessary zips.

Guest FullXon

You'll find everything should have been moved into C:\SanDiego\tools

Run setup.bat from there to download the necessary zips.

Ah i see, thanks a bunch

:)

Edit: I had further trouble downloading the files, which was fixed by downloading the largest exe on the first post and first installing that, then installing the exe from the instruction text file and thereafter installing the patch. Just letting u guys know

Edited by FullXon

Guest rickywyatt

thanks @flibblesan ill finish up the tool tomorrow

what do you'll all think about if I add adb backup & and restore too it would only backup your data but it beats having to install all your app again

Guest Simon O

thanks @flibblesan ill finish up the tool tomorrow

what do you'll all think about if I add adb backup & and restore too it would only backup your data but it beats having to install all your app again

Good idea. I use adb backup & restore myself manually and I find it extremely useful.