1296 replies to this topic

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

what to select from that tool to play all games which are not compatible.... and what changes occur if i put themes from that tool ????

Try reading the manual and reading the forum posts on themes.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

acemdrgn

acemdrgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Noob here, having a bit of difficulty with the rooting.
Using this tool, I press the 7 option and get to the point where it says please look at your device and click restore. However my phone does not show anything saying restore.
I tried manually restarting my phone at this point which seems to move me on 1 step, and it says waiting for device to show up, then tells me mount operation not permitted then tells me it can't create a load of files, and unable to 'chmod' a load of stuff
I attach a file of the messages I am getting.

I'm trying to do this with the phone out the box, i.e. no other updates / roms from this site installed so far.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Hi,

Noob here, having a bit of difficulty with the rooting.
Using this tool, I press the 7 option and get to the point where it says please look at your device and click restore. However my phone does not show anything saying restore.
I tried manually restarting my phone at this point which seems to move me on 1 step, and it says waiting for device to show up, then tells me mount operation not permitted then tells me it can't create a load of files, and unable to 'chmod' a load of stuff
I attach a file of the messages I am getting.

I'm trying to do this with the phone out the box, i.e. no other updates / roms from this site installed so far.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

what's the current rom? If it is gingerbread, download the xolo rom put it it in the root directory and do a usb update there is a sticky guide in this sun forum

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:android, ios , custom firmware for symbian phone
  • Devices:xolo x900
  • Twitter:@ashutosh00074
Can any one provide me gingerbread rom for xolo

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Can any one provide me gingerbread rom for xolo

No, because we don't have it. Once you've got ICS on it(either out of the box or you've upgraded) that's it, there's no going back.

That said looking at the batch file for flashing Orange ICS :-

:orange
C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe kill-server
C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe start-server
C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe wait-for-device
C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe remount
sleep 5
adb shell rm -r system/app
adb shell mkdir system/app
adb shell mkdir system/etc/widi/3.1.24.0
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\system system
adb reboot bootloader
sleep 15
C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update C:\SanDiego\tools\orange\update.zip

If you rem out the final two lines which is flashing the Orange ICS update.zip would that leave you with GingerBread?

DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, I'M JUST SPECULATING.

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 07 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

DHAIRYA SHAH

DHAIRYA SHAH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:XOLO x900
hey modaco .. after putting houdini thing in my cell .... nothing can be displayed ... my screen display is onn but naothing is happening... i am very tensed plzz help... i tried to connect my phone but my device is not coming in ur tool .... plzz help....

DHAIRYA SHAH

DHAIRYA SHAH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
it rebooted... i pressed power button very hardly and it became...................

DHAIRYA SHAH

DHAIRYA SHAH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
what happens with re, blue .... etc themes...?????in aio tool its given

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

what happens with re, blue .... etc themes...?????in aio tool its given

If you mean what do they do then read http://www.modaco.co...-customisation/

Atir101

Atir101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:orange san diego
hi guys.. so I'm having troubles with my phone now. i have to send phone back to orange so i decided to just erase everything but that did not happen as soon as phone goes into boot mode a dead android comes up with an exclamation mark and phone restarts and repeats this again. I tried to fix brick, install orange and xolo ics both but still get the same dead android bot with tummy open and red exclamation mark :(. what to do????

keithSlemon

keithSlemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
where you on xolo ics or orange? and did you update to ics via saving update on your phone? if you did boot into recovery and use the original update file on sd card, worked for me

Atir101

Atir101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:orange san diego

where you on xolo ics or orange? and did you update to ics via saving update on your phone? if you did boot into recovery and use the original update file on sd card, worked for me

Thanks for the response - all is good now okay i managed to revive it by using the fastboot and cache erase method :)

mujeebsolkar

mujeebsolkar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How do i uninstall the ICS update for xolo x900..
i do not have su !!
m confused as hell ... just want gta 3 to run :)
please assist..
i have attempted all the AIO instructions...

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

How do i uninstall the ICS update for xolo x900..
i do not have su !!
m confused as hell ... just want gta 3 to run :)
please assist..
i have attempted all the AIO instructions...

If you've downgraded from the small update that blocks root then run task manager and kill adb.exe and then root.

mujeebsolkar

mujeebsolkar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If you've downgraded from the small update that blocks root then run task manager and kill adb.exe and then root.

thank you for responding to my oblivious queries.
I am still trying to downgrade ICS... the kernel is sept...
AIO attempts to downgrade but is unable to gain root access.

is there any other way to get the gta 3 to work... i am in no hurry to root or take advantage of the sd hack.. all i need is gta to work..

i appreciate ur time.

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have totally bricked my xolo x900 I mean statusbar not appear and camera not working bettary showing 0% and internal phone memory not working so now I have totally bricked phone using like ipod . Then I am thinking that other xolo backup can make my phone . So can anyone upload his xolo's backup if possible .

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
is there any way to get back internal memory i have lost while doing erassing with cmd

ferrari35

ferrari35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have totally bricked my xolo x900 I mean statusbar not appear and camera not working bettary showing 0% and internal phone memory not working so now I have totally bricked phone using like ipod . Then I am thinking that other xolo backup can make my phone . So can anyone upload his xolo's backup if possible .

If you have the update(xolo in my case)zip on your phone boot into recover mode and flash that zip.
I have flashed it a few times trying to get sd card working(can see both internal and sd on pc but phone does not see them)flashing the update fixes every time(brick fix wont work as phone cant see the internal memory)

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

If you have the update(xolo in my case)zip on your phone boot into recover mode and flash that zip.
I have flashed it a few times trying to get sd card working(can see both internal and sd on pc but phone does not see them)flashing the update fixes every time(brick fix wont work as phone cant see the internal memory)

but how can i put update.zip in internal storage becoz i have lost this with doing fastboot -i 0x8087 oem erase /sdcard . and now using 32 gb samsung 10 class as internal storage thanks to ricky

ashutosh00074

ashutosh00074

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Okies I have done my xolo thanks to ricky I will post my problem.with solution .again thanks to ricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users