plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981

If I'm understanding well and by my own experience, the permission manager in PAC allows you only to disable some permissions for an app, but this app can need these permissions to work and then will not launch until you reallow them. PDroid alows you to trick the app by giving it some false information and so, in some kind, disable permission needed by the app.

So PDroid is well more effective protection.

Am I right ?

Pretty much :) this is the PDroid's XDA thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357056

I used it on CM9 its a very good app

I am going to read up on how to make the patch now, see if anyone can do it or if you have to be a DEV, if i have any joy i will post it :)

Edited by plewis1981, 21 June 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

The White Sock

The White Sock

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Pretty much :) this is the PDroid's XDA thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1357056

I used it on CM9 its a very good app

I am going to read up on how to make the patch now, see if anyone can do it or if you have to be a DEV, if i have any joy i will post it :)

The thread I linked before was refering to an Auto-Patcher for many thing, including PDroid for PAC ROM under 4.2.2. So I believe it's pretty easy and shouldn't be a pain to integrate in our ROM ^_^ .
I was about to do it ;)

Kra1o5

Kra1o5

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Devices:Lumia 520 | Ascend Y300/G300
Guys you dont need Pdroid in PAC, PAC have Permissions management included (Check in settings). Since 22.3.0

The White Sock

The White Sock

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Guys you dont need Pdroid in PAC, PAC have Permissions management included (Check in settings). Since 22.3.0

Yes we agree, but we are discussing about the advandatages of using PDroid. It allows a better permission's management in the way that it doesn't disable it but give false informations to it. I use the built in permission management and when I disable an internet permission for an app it will not work because it needs all it permission to work properly. PDroid will leave the permission but make the app believe that there is no internet connection.

But may be I totally wrong here... :unsure:

Edited by The White Sock, 21 June 2013 - 01:33 PM.

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

The thread I linked before was refering to an Auto-Patcher for many thing, including PDroid for PAC ROM under 4.2.2. So I believe it's pretty easy and shouldn't be a pain to integrate in our ROM ^_^ .
I was about to do it ;)

will you post if you manage it, I have read the thread and to be honest I was all a bit much for me to take in.

The White Sock

The White Sock

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

will you post if you manage it, I have read the thread and to be honest I was all a bit much for me to take in.

You just have to download the autoPatch put it in the same folder than your ROM
Then use this command
./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip <MODS>

In our case that will be
./auto_patcher u8815_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v23.0.0_20130616-115205.zip pdroid

Edited by The White Sock, 21 June 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Rene82

Rene82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:G300
Hello first thanks for a great rom.

Did try the new build with battery imp and it seems it still use alot of power or is it me?

Posted Image

Kra1o5

Kra1o5

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
Weekly release in first post.

Greetings

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Hi Kralo5, I am have a problem, when I press on a contact to call the I get a message that PHONE HAS STOPED. The call is still made but the phone stays on the contacts list. Also is there any way to get the lock screen options to work in ROM controls.

Apart from that grate work as always

PS. Clean install with full wipes R18 23/6

Edit. I have tried wiping data but that didn't help. I will make a log when I get home.

Edited by plewis1981, 24 June 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Kra1o5

Kra1o5

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Hi Kralo5, I am have a problem, when I press on a contact to call the I get a message that PHONE HAS STOPED. The call is still made but the phone stays on the contacts list. Also is there any way to get the lock screen options to work in ROM controls.

Apart from that grate work as always

PS. Clean install with full wipes R18 23/6

Edit. I have tried wiping data but that didn't help. I will make a log when I get home.

Is R17, Yes PAC have various problem, I reported the problems I found, PAC is WIP ROM.

Greetings

The White Sock

The White Sock

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hey Kra1o5 !

I just want to know what you think about PDroid ? Wouldn't this be intersting to integrate it in the ROM :ph34r: ?

I found an app that does similar things than PDroid, but you don't need to patch your ROM, just install the XPOSED framework :wub: !
But, this app is still in beta and doesn't give you all the functions that PDroid gives.

Also want to know what you think about the V6 SuperCharger scripts ? Does it give something more than what you've already tweaked ?
I belive that you've already done some memory management tweaks.

Thanks a lot for the ROM and its updates by the way !!! :D

Edited by The White Sock, 24 June 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Kra1o5

Kra1o5

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Hey Kra1o5 !

I just want to know what you think about PDroid ? Wouldn't this be intersting to integrate it in the ROM :ph34r: ?

I found an app that does similar things than PDroid, but you don't need to patch your ROM, just install the XPOSED framework :wub: !
But, this app is still in beta and doesn't give you all the functions that PDroid gives.

Also want to know what you think about the V6 SuperCharger scripts ? Does it give something more than what you've already tweaked ?
I belive that you've already done some memory management tweaks.

Thanks a lot for the ROM and its updates by the way !!! :D

PDroid with AOKP Permissions app not need that (I think).

XPOSED make similar fuction like PA Preferences.

Supercharger V6 doesnt like this type of tweaks.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
@Kra1o5
Interested to see the different scheduler- is this better than others and what's the difference - what would be your recommended settings for scehduler and governor if overclocking to say 1.19?

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Kra1o5

Kra1o5

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

@Kra1o5
Interested to see the different scheduler- is this better than others and what's the difference - what would be your recommended settings for scehduler and governor if overclocking to say 1.19?

SmartassV2 & ROW

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Been running this for over 24 hours now and it's pretty good. No errors, good battery life. Got the occasional lag but nothing I can't live with. I've installed a cache cleaner and scheduled it to run every three hours, send to minimalist the lags. Might be a placebo effect, of course.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne

Been running this for over 24 hours now and it's pretty good. No errors, good battery life. Got the occasional lag but nothing I can't live with. I've installed a cache cleaner and scheduled it to run every three hours, send to minimalist the lags. Might be a placebo effect, of course.

u still getting signal losses now and then? please report when u get one in the next few days or not. thats the only thing stopping me from going back to this excellent rom.

bringtheknife

bringtheknife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
loses signal after a few minutes

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
No signal losses at all for me

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

loses signal after a few minutes

Have you unlocked your boot loader? If not then that'll be the reason for loss of signal

nomaximux

nomaximux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Hi all...

love the work that ppl are making here... but this latest rom gives me this problem... android.phone stoped... i cant hear no one.. the screen goes blank, i cant hangup (normal way)

i dont have time to wait... for a fix... just have to rollback to prior pac rom... "stable one!"... because i NEED my phone...

cheers...
nomax

btw... thx for this rom... :) keep up with the good work
observation - it would be great to add a cool weather widget... or a more complete one (cast for more days... etc) but i know its dificult to make everyone happy :)

Edited by nomaximux, 26 June 2013 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users